Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Torres what a mess with their proposed death tax but appear to be unwilling to say what the cap would be Mrs May is making it up as she goes along and not talking to the rest of the Tories

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The tories can't cost their policies until Paul Dacre tells them what they are, a process that's still evolving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After the election it's only him she is answerable to.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
If you care about the NHS whoever you vote for make sure it isn't Conservative!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Why??
I worked on the big extension on Worthing Hospital in 1995, the Tories were in, i worked on Crawley hospital last year, the work is on going, i have just finished on the Eye Hospital Shoreham, Kier the builders are at present on Worthing and Chi, Tthe Royal Sussex has around 6 years work ahead of it.....all under this government.
Meanwhile in the Labour years i was on the Childrens Hospital, the Queeen Alexandria Pompey was going up, work on Southampton etc......all funded by PFI and payback to owners over 30 years, staff and toilet rolls the lot. Same with 3 Crawley schools i worked on.
Labour can not be trusted to fund the NHS properly.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Voted Green on here (the environment is the main long term issue that needs tackling) but given the electoral system that renders a large % of votes (incl mine) redundant or pointless I am considering vote swapping ... https://www.swapmyvote.uk/. Anyone else?

These are Green as well.

10p107b.png

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Do you not think with all the 'soft power', respect and prestige our international aid budget brings, that perhaps now with Brexit it's needed more than ever?

Yeap we need all the friends we can get right now. Cutting International Aid is purely UKIP nationalism.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I have to be a bit concerned that Labour are basically offering bribes for people to vote for them. Vote for us and we will scrap next years tuition fees, vote for us and get 4 extra days bank holiday (well the bankers will-= most others will have to work in shops, bars, restaurants, cinemas, and basically everywhere else), Vote for us and it doesn't matter how much money you have, we will pay for your winter fuel (completely right for those who need it, unacceptable for the wealthy who do not) If it works I am really looking forward to seeing how its paid for- and no-it isn't costed whatever they like to say-they have omitted halfd of the costs. At leat with the Torries its basically what we have now

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'm no fan of this policy as it may well affect me, or more accurately, affect my children, and not in a good way. It is driven by the ever increasing number of old people in our society needing care, the increasing cost of providing that care, and also by the fact that medical science is keeping more of us alive for much longer, in many cases with medical conditions which a few years ago would have killed us off.
The number of old people staying alive and being in need of care would not be any different whether we are in the EU or out of it, so this nonsense about it all being due to Brexit is frankly idiotic.

Brexit isn't helping with the staffing shortages and costs though. I've lost count over the last few years how many care homes in the Hastings & Bexhill area have closed and despite that, I know there's increased vacancies for care workers and qualified staff since last June. Someone I know who works in recruitment locally hasn't ever seen as many vacancies as this before. Qualified RGN recruitment in The NHS from The EU has gone from 1000 a month to 100 a month since the vote, it's the same in the care home sector with both RGN and care assistants now. With the tier surcharges for non-EU workers going up, I don't know what the answer is because there isn't the money available in care home and NHS budgets to increase salaries.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Osbourne increased the national debt higher than any time in Labours 13 years. The "strong and stable" slogan is utter bollocks.

Also, the people slagging off Labours front bench need to look at who our current Foreign secretary is. If Boris was in the Labour camp the MSM would be tearing chunks out of him daily. Funny how it works, eh.

Yes piled on more debt than all the previous, just hoping to inflate their way out of it

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have to be a bit concerned that Labour are basically offering bribes for people to vote for them. Vote for us and we will scrap next years tuition fees, vote for us and get 4 extra days bank holiday (well the bankers will-= most others will have to work in shops, bars, restaurants, cinemas, and basically everywhere else), Vote for us and it doesn't matter how much money you have, we will pay for your winter fuel (completely right for those who need it, unacceptable for the wealthy who do not) If it works I am really looking forward to seeing how its paid for- and no-it isn't costed whatever they like to say-they have omitted halfd of the costs. At leat with the Torries its basically what we have now

Labour desperation.

At 10pm on 8th June, the exit polls will reveal that the Momentum/Corbyn Marxist project has been rejected by the UK.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
More flip-flopping from May. How hard would it have been to focus group this shit policy with some normal people?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...election-conservative-tory-poll-a7749001.html

Whilst I think today's U-turn show May is essentially gutless, the dementia tax IMO was correct. Its the kind of thing they need to be strong on to sort out public finances and avoid the burden the old are placing on the working population.

There is so much property wealth in south England, but lets face it, its unearned wealth has occurred purely out of circumstance of changing demographics, more relaxed lending etc. It also helps address the massive wealth gap.

If you bought a house in 1992 in Brighton you got lucky, in Burnley you may as well stuck your money in the post office

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Why??
I worked on the big extension on Worthing Hospital in 1995, the Tories were in, i worked on Crawley hospital last year, the work is on going, i have just finished on the Eye Hospital Shoreham, Kier the builders are at present on Worthing and Chi, Tthe Royal Sussex has around 6 years work ahead of it.....all under this government.
Meanwhile in the Labour years i was on the Childrens Hospital, the Queeen Alexandria Pompey was going up, work on Southampton etc......all funded by PFI and payback to owners over 30 years, staff and toilet rolls the lot. Same with 3 Crawley schools i worked on.
Labour can not be trusted to fund the NHS properly.

You appear to have pasted your cv instead of a political argument. I hope you haven't doubled up by sending one of your UKIP rants to a prospective employer by mistake.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You appear to have pasted your cv instead of a political argument. I hope you haven't doubled up by sending one of your UKIP rants to a prospective employer by mistake.

Instead of copying and pasting from sites you want to believe, with in many cases NO actual experience yourself, i happen to have put down MY experiences, and my opinion.
You keep speculating, back and forth, the Labour party are the saviours etc etc......shall i give you the names of the firms that built and own the PFI sites i was on?
Carry on patronising.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here