Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Perhaps, then again I have not voted Conservative, though I think this country is safer under them than Labour.
No chance, labour are going to invest in our young people, conservatives are going to rob them.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Yep, sold off the gold, funded many projects with PFI of which I have worked on and know we are paying back extortionate amounts over 30 years. Many more examples.
Simmo, have you as a working class tradesman been better off under Labour, because I certainly have not. Party for the workers, don't think so.

You are getting me mixed up with Simmo says different person....I am not a working class tradesman:wink:.....however, I would not rule out voting for Labour again (have done in the past).....and I was thinking only yesterday I really don't want to vote for the Tories, as they just do not deserve my vote.......but, but Labour are just not offering even sensible, realistic, achievable policies, it is cloud cuckoo land stuff, from them.

Even if they had their message presented professionally and better, by a smooth talking young, enigmatic, engaging left wingers (thinking Syriza in Greece) they all individually are just so unelectable (just imagine Corbyn, the IRA sympathiser as PM, Diane Abbott, the maths illiterate, hypocrite as home secretary and John McDonnell the Marxist as chancellor:eek:)...that thought alone should make any normal person wake up at night in a cold sweat and makes me want to vote Tory (and probably millions like me) just to stop it.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I did not see many apprentices come through in the 13 years that Labour were in power. Where did they invest in the youngsters, must have missed it.
We're talking about the future not the past

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Out of interest, two months in, just 22 months to go, how are the Brexit talks going?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
"Make no mistake, the central challenge we face is negotiating the best deal for Britain in Europe. If we fail, the consequences for Britain and for the economic security of ordinary working people will be dire. If we succeed, the opportunities ahead of us are great."

I thought no deal was better than a bad deal and there was nothing to worry about with Brexit anyway?

May's reference to 'dire' was interesting, accepting for the first time as far as I know the possibility that Brexit could have a catastrophic effect on the lives of (cliche alert) 'ordinary working people'. Perhaps the ordinary working people in question didn't realise that when they voted for it. Certainly, some of the frothier-mouthed posters on here still refuse to accept the possibility that all this could end in diminished lives. But we are where we are. The negotiations will run their course and, according to the Tory Party's Brexit boys, the result will be sunlit uplands or economic armageddon. The one thing the chaps in charge are sure of is that there must be no opportunity, if the result appears to be the latter (as May now accepts is possible), of those ordinary working people having the opportunity to choose if they want it or not before it happens.

Indeed, even suggesting such a thing is apparently the mark of undemocratic and mentally-ill hypocrites.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The bloody Tories. Knee jerk referendum to appease back benchers and get ukip votes is hugely mismanaged and backfires resulting in us accidentally exiting the EU. Now they look set to tear apart the UK.
They literally will not stop until they destroy this country. And the sad thing? It's not by design. It's through cowardice, incomptenence and utter lack of direction or leadership.
And people are still voting for them. It's enough to make you cry, it really is.

The bloody UK electorate, voting to leave the EU.

I didn't get my way, so I'm going to sulk and conveniently put to one side the millions of Labour and ex-Labour voters who voted for Brexit, and fib that only Tories voted out.

Cowardice let the great UK public have the clear choice. Instead the government should have left it to Parliament and Brussels to continue in devolving power to the unelected EU Commissioners.

The sad thing is that 15% to 20% more people will vote Tory than this version of the Labour party. It really angers me that they are doing that, when I know I'm correct on everything.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
IMG_3854.PNG

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
900 billion bailing out the banks.
220 billion on Trident rockets.
Awl Mrs May can we have ten billion for the NHS and to help the disabled and the carers......... Mrs May : F...uck off .

Simpleton.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Childish tripe from Labour as ever. Enjoy the future as a party as close to power as UKIP, or the Communist Party, never gonna form a credible opposition or government for 20 years.

And I hope you enjoy the unfettered right wing agenda which is about to be delivered. I seriously hope you are a fit middle of the road, quiet, unassuming and obedient person with no non-mainstream interests. Because if you ain't, it's going to get difficult.

Last edited:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Don't think I have ever seen so many ludicrous posts from the Corbynistas.
Please, please, after the election, will sensible Labour supporters and MP's somehow get rid of this clown and start rebuilding a party that can become a respected HM Opposition.
I am speaking as a Tory voter.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Childish tripe from Labour as ever. Enjoy the future as a party as close to power as UKIP, or the Communist Party, never gonna form a credible opposition or government for 20 years.

Tripe...

Poor People.... Taking food out of the mouths of school children, picking the pockets of pensioners, 1% cap on public sector workers
Reduced disability benefit
Slow and gradual privatisation of the NHS
Tuition fees remain for young people..
Bring back fox hunting...

That's off the top of my head... explain the tripe in that?

EDIT: forgot to mention the pensioners losing their winter fuel allowance ... Who in their right mind would honestly protect this party. Look at the facts... Are you all aspiring millionaires protecting your interests for the future.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And that folks is the Conservative argument. Surprised you didn't say pleb. I'll keep an eye out for your cutting satire from now on - I've never noticed you before.

You want to reply to an insult but not to the two posts that highlighted your figures as highly misleading ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Out of interest, two months in, just 22 months to go, how are the Brexit talks going?

Once again HT deliberately tries to mislead the good people of NSC. As HKFC so succinctly put it earlier..........the Brexit talks they are now two months into are not the Brexit talks they thought they were going to be engaged in (you know the ones the Brexit voters were told about)
In another 4 months it'll become so much clearer 😂😂😂

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
And I hope you enjoy the unfettered right wing agenda which is about to be delivered. I seriously hope you are a fit middle of the road, quiet, unassuming and obedient person with no non-mainstream interests. Because if you ain't, it's going to get difficult.

Unfettered right wing agenda? Guaranteeing workers rights (and extending them), big increases in NHS spending (matching Labour promises), state interference in the energy market, going after wealthy pensioners etc.

Time for another name change .. The Conservative and Unionist workers party? :D

Are Tories the workers' party? Labour polling figures suggest they are

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...party-labour-polling-figures-suggest-they-are

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here