Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Poll lead down to 9% in tonights YouGov poll

#strongandstable

The pensioners are starting to realise they are getting screwed too. She is so arrogant she thinks she already has the lands slide victory in the bag.

If labour just got their better people running the party I think they could win this election

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Lenny Rider is one of the worst. Deliberately misleading thread title. If I knew it was just another of his ridiculously one-eyed attacks on Labour I wouldn't have opened it. Worthy of a ban, imho.

The Conservatives are probably good for his business.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
There is only one party with a costed manifesto and that is Labour

Trouble is once audited by Conservative (again) it's found wanting..

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I find this, along with all the other comments about Corbyn destroying the party and so on, quite interesting. Polling (with the usual caveats about the polls) is generally showing that support for Labour is actually now running at a similar or slightly higher rate than they achieved in the 2015 election under Ed Miliband.

So, it doesn't really seem to be the case does it?

What does seem to be happening is that support for Labour is spread more widely, but generally lower than the Tories - hence the likelihood of losing seats in their 'heartlands' whilst picking up votes, but not seats, in Tory areas. Also, it's pretty clear that UKIP voters are going Tory rather then Labour, and it's that which will probably mean a higher majority for the Tories, not a collapse in Labour votes.

What would be interesting is if there were an upsurge in Lib Dem votes in areas where they can win Tory seats. Then, there is a likelihood that any majority will be smaller than currently predicted.

You make no mention of Scotland. Labour's guaranteed 45 seats has become 1. Blair setting up the Scottish Parliament, gave the SNP a legitimacy and a platform, that in a short time killed Labour in Scotland and they will never get that back.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Lenny Rider is one of the worst. Deliberately misleading thread title. If I knew it was just another of his ridiculously one-eyed attacks on Labour I wouldn't have opened it. Worthy of a ban, imho.

It's true and i am a Conservative,all one hears is moan moan moan about the blues and May,yet really despite all the noise,conservatives are set to increase the HC majority and virtually wipe Labour off the political map (for now) as (and i have strangely warmed to him) for Corbyn? he won't get Labour anywhere,still he would not would he,not with that private education..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Marxists didn't believe the polls when it was a 20 point deficit, now they're getting a boner.

As proven by all recent referenda and elections, best to take them all with a massive pinch of salt, and await the real results.

Indeed,after all polls (NSC Brexit poll) if anything are to go by,it's clear that regional variations exist as well.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The pensioners are starting to realise they are getting screwed too. She is so arrogant she thinks she already has the lands slide victory in the bag.

If labour just got their better people running the party I think they could win this election

Hence why May and the educated Conservative party,not the day dream believers that think that we could have 10000 extra police for £300000 over four years or was that £80M for a 100000 officers per year or was that let 10000 immigrants in per year or was that nearly 2 million in Blairs time (anyway) that's why she has gone for the election now,despite the noise,she will have her majority....btw for the record,on face value i agree,pensioners are being hit hard,many however can more than afford to get by...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Calm down old boy, it was just an observation.

It's the apparent 'mobilisation' of the hidden hordes of potential Labour supporters that I find bizarre.

They are not hidden. Never have been. They just aren't The Star, The Sun, The Telegraph, the Mail, the Express. All owned by million and billionaires with vested interests.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That's not being nasty- basically calling someone a pig is. I happen to think that brexit is a disaster, I didn't call anyone who voted for it a pig, or anything else. Big difference between sarcasm and insults
Grunt as much as you like, if you read my post more carefully you will see that I didn't actually call anyone a pig.

I do, however, stand by the statement that there are people who would probably vote for a pig with a blue rosette. Just as there are some who would be equally gullible about voting in a red rosetted pig. In both instances, such a lack of discernment and political awareness, coupled with blind devotion to red or to blue would indicate a lack of intelligence, quite possibly indicated by grunting rather than any significant degree of erudition. C'est la vie, eh?

Oink oink and goodnight.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Tories started with a +20 lead. It's now down to +9. Still a long way to go and the Tories would do well to stop smugly celebrating an early victory.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'll leave this with you guys. I'mfor supporting the EU and ensuring we get the best deal we/I can.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I wouldn't disrespect anyone for voting Labour, Green, Liberal Democratic or anyone else nor would I get over aggressive with them on social media, why does it seem that many Labour/Greens voters verbally attack anyone who doesn't share their view, I'm fully expecting Kirby to lose his seat and await the usual People Republic of Brighton bullshit to follow!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Hence why May and the educated Conservative party,not the day dream believers that think that we could have 10000 extra police for £300000 over four years or was that £80M for a 100000 officers per year or was that let 10000 immigrants in per year or was that nearly 2 million in Blairs time (anyway) that's why she has gone for the election now,despite the noise,she will have her majority....btw for the record,on face value i agree,pensioners are being hit hard,many however can more than afford to get by...

What about the Tories doing the same in interviews including Hammond but it doesn't get reported

D

Deleted member 22389

After everything labour did to this country, some people will never learn, however a lot of their votes will come from first time voters. See how well it works out for them in the future when all the good jobs are gone, shipped out to the lowest bidder, or simply because there are too many people applying for jobs they want, because of things like open borders. They will regret their decision, because they will eventually work out it is not racist, or xenophobic to actually look after your own first to stand any opportunity of moving forward in this life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here