Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Oh FFS - I am sick of this utter crap shitting all over NSC, like some incontinent gerbil on speed.

Please can we create a political bollocks sub forum. Labelled pointless cat calling bull shit.

Arghhhhhhhhh.

To be fair the title reveals what's in the thread and it is closed premier league season, but kind of agree with you.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Didnt they do that with a man who couldnt get a nomination for a Tory seat, Tony Blair.

yes and promptly won power for a decade or more, by becoming a slightly leftish version of the Tory party. Now that the Labour movement has lurched back so fat to the left people are deserting it in droves. What a lot of people on the left do not seem to realise, is that this country is basically centre right , and despite some not wishing that, that is what we vote for time and time again.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
There is only one party with a costed manifesto and that is Labour

its not costed, there is no mention of how they are going to pay to renationalise the water industry, royal mail, electric industry etc. Or are they just going to steal it ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Tories heading for a landslide, but I can't remember any other campaign where contstantly on social media all kinds of people are urging people to register and vote Labour in numbers, when that actual result, and Corbyn in Number 10, would be a disaster for the nation.

That always goes on in the internet age at each General Election. The push for 16 year olds to vote, plus campaigns for younger voters, uni students, mandatory voting, the homeless, people in marginals .... to vote. Organisations describing themselves as apolitical lead this, but despite their denials in interviews, the suspicions is that they are left wing leaning and arrogantly believe that the 20 million of UK adults are latent Labour supporters.

Don't worry, it's factually baseless, and doesn't affect the final say by the interested electorate at large.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Tories heading for a landslide, but I can't remember any other campaign where contstantly on social media all kinds of people are urging people to register and vote Labour in numbers, when that actual result, and Corbyn in Number 10, would be a disaster for the nation.

I keep being told that by all the newspapers. My view is very different and their view is tainted by the threat by Jeremy Corbyn to make the Press more accountable - So I have decided to form my own view rather than that of National newspapers

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
yes and promptly won power for a decade or more, by becoming a slightly leftish version of the Tory party. Now that the Labour movement has lurched back so fat to the left people are deserting it in droves. What a lot of people on the left do not seem to realise, is that this country is basically centre right , and despite some not wishing that, that is what we vote for time and time again.

I'd say the country is mainly centre and right, including the Blair brand of Labour very supportive of a strong business/City private sector to drive the economy and a non-punitive taxation system.

Only 25 to 30% of the UK electorate are prepared to vote for a hard left agenda.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Oh FFS - I am sick of this utter crap shitting all over NSC, like some incontinent gerbil on speed.

Please can we create a political bollocks sub forum. Labelled pointless cat calling bull shit.

Arghhhhhhhhh.

Calm down old boy, it was just an observation.

It's the apparent 'mobilisation' of the hidden hordes of potential Labour supporters that I find bizarre.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Tories winning will be a disaster for pensioners, disabled, school kids, those on minimum wage, homeless, foxes not to say a disaster for the NHS so no wonder people are mobilising to stop the Tories winning

Hence we need a viable opposition. Not some Marxist with 70s solutions.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Other than on Facebook from the lefties no one is talking about he election.

It's a fine deal Theresa is going to win with a decent majority and rightly so. Only way we can negotiate a strong Brexit.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I keep being told that by all the newspapers. My view is very different and their view is tainted by the threat by Jeremy Corbyn to make the Press more accountable - So I have decided to form my own view rather than that of National newspapers

No need to read national newspapers at all. Who on earth would ever read the Sun, Times, Telegraph, Express or Mail, if they are left to hard left leaning? The evidence has always been there that people have their own opinions, and tend to read papers that reflect these. In the age of so much information on the internet, I thinks it's a myth that the Mail and Murdcoc decide elections.

D

Deleted member 22389

I can just imagine the bullshit and scaremongering about the Tories on twitter at this very moment.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
No need to read national newspapers at all. Who on earth would ever read the Sun, Times, Telegraph, Express or Mail, if they are left to hard left leaning? The evidence has always been there that people have their own opinions, and tend to read papers that reflect these. In the age of so much information on the internet, I thinks it's a myth that the Mail and Murdcoc decide elections.

I didn't say they decided Elections nowadays.

I suggested (in response to the opening post) that the Newspapers are telling their readers that Corbyn in No 10 would be a disaster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here