Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
You pathetic, moronic, fanatical Corbyn extremists on this thread make me sick!

What the f*** did these poor people do to deserve this slaughter for example?:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-40059307

Every day you wake up hating May more than the day before - there must be a name for this sickness?

I am contemptuous of Corbyn but I don't hate him. Do you ever stop to analyse if your extreme point of view disqualifies you from rational debate or are you now so far gone that you couldn't care a ****.

The fanatical ISIS loons started off like you - but I bet you just can't see it.

Ooooooooooo.......take a chill pill........:lol:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not really. Corbyn performed much better than May did, despite the harder treatment, and various journalists (including anti-Corbyn/Labour) seem to agree.

[tweet]868171990229766145[/tweet]
[tweet]868171988845678593[/tweet]
[tweet]868172509778239488[/tweet]
[tweet]868172495911874560[/tweet]
[tweet]868172828767526912[/tweet]
[tweet]868172290047053824[/tweet]
[tweet]868172274381316099[/tweet]
[tweet]868168377373777920[/tweet]
[tweet]868172223760265216[/tweet]

For sure he could have performed better (as most people will think after they've been interviewed by Neil), but he definitely held his own and it wasn't the car crash interview May had where she struggled to mutter sentiments other than 'strong and stable' and 'Corbyn is useless'. Overall, May fared worse.

Ooh, we have Momentum goons on this forum (shaking) :rotlf:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I'm sick of hearing what a nice, honest man Corbyn is. He is a Trojan horse and God forbid we let him in.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Ooh, we have Momentum goons on this forum (shaking) :rotlf:

No response so have to respond to insults. That's generally a sign that a person is losing a debate. You have a history on this thread of ignoring information put right out in front of you that doesn't align with your agenda.

I see the Conservatives are coming out with statements completely misrepresenting everything that he said in such a way that it essentially amounts to lying. Given the polls, they are desperate.

They are also attacking Corbyn for not answering questions. When you view his interview alongside May's, that's laughable. And actually, completely contradictory to statements blasting his answers! They inferred, for example, he would increase immigration and scrap Trident based on his answers (both completely untrue). If he didn't answer any questions, how were they able to extract that information from him ... not answering questions pertaining to those subjects? As I said, desperation.

[tweet]868172064875835393[/tweet]

Last edited:

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
No response so have to respond to insults. That's generally a sign that a person is losing a debate. You have a history on this thread of ignoring information put right out in front of you that doesn't align with your agenda.

I see the Conservatives are coming out with statements completely misrepresenting everything that he said in such a way that it essentially amounts to lying. Given the polls, they are desperate.

They are also attacking Corbyn for not answering questions. When you view his interview alongside May's, that's laughable.

Isn't he the same guy who say's "Typical Labour having to resort to abuse"

Scooby doo is less confused than this fella.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They are also attacking Corbyn for not answering questions. When you view his interview alongside May's, that's laughable.

Nah.

The lefties think Corbyn did a good job whilst they think May floundered.

The righties think May held her own whilst Corbyn got torn to shreds.

It's like a partisan football crowd - it's a penalty when your man goes down in the box but a dive when one of theirs hits the ground.

Big sides see what they want to see.

The truth is they were both pretty poor, got boxed into their own respective corners and largely lacked the wherewithal to get out again.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Nah.

It's like a partisan football crowd - it's a penalty when your man goes down in the box but a dive when one of theirs hits the ground.

The truth is they were both pretty poor, got boxed into their own respective corners and largely lacked the wherewithal to get out again.

0-0 bore fest then!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Not really. Corbyn performed much better than May did...

For sure he could have performed better (as most people will think after they've been interviewed by Neil), but he definitely held his own and it wasn't the car crash interview May had where she struggled to mutter sentiments other than 'strong and stable' and 'Corbyn is useless'. Overall, May fared worse.

I would think most moderate rational people would consider being nailed down as a terrorist sympathiser as a bit more car crashy than 'struggling to mutter sentiments'.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Nah.

I was referring there specifically to the lack of answering questions given to them. I don't think anyone can deny May failed to answer questions. If that's the case, it stinks of desperation to have a go at Corbyn for not answering questions (irrespective of whether or not he actually did).

Further to your response, I have already pointed out right leaning political commentators have implied Corbyn held his own, including those from the Sunday Times and Telegraph, for example.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As a past labour member and voter and Corbyn hater, I can't ignore this:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/26/labou...n-the-polls-as-campaigning-re-starts-6663447/

May seems pretty hopeless but she would go down as the most hopeless of the hopeless if she ****s this election up.

If Corbyn can clean the IRA poo from his stable, and disavow the impression that he will be having tea and cakes with ISIS in number ten, then, FFS, who knows?

Not going to happen, is it?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I am pretty 'meh' about the lot of self servers, but I do have a real concern that a few in potential positions of power believe that if we all sit down nicely and talk over the matters that count, then all parties will do the same, an accord will be reached and we can all skip along sewing daisies into each others' barnets.

Ain't gonna happen.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

They are also attacking Corbyn for not answering questions. When you view his interview alongside May's, that's laughable. And actually, completely contradictory to statements blasting his answers! They inferred, for example, he would increase immigration and scrap Trident based on his answers (both completely untrue). If he didn't answer any questions, how were they able to extract that information from him ... not answering questions pertaining to those subjects? As I said, desperation.

Ha Ha! Bit rich coming from the left given my pointing out insult after childish insult from you lot! Your guys have used 'hag, witch, bitch, nazi' and far stronger terms, I typed 'goon'. Oh well.....

You keep deluding yourself. Five more years of (poor quality) opposition if you are lucky, more like ten in reality, IF Labour do not tear themselves apart.

Oh, I have got one more term for JC, not really an insult, just the truth......TRAITOR.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Ha Ha! Bit rich coming from the left given my pointing out insult after childish insult from you lot! Your guys have used 'hag, witch, bitch, nazi' and far stronger terms, I typed 'goon'. Oh well.....

You keep deluding yourself. Five more years of (poor quality) opposition if you are lucky, more like ten in reality, IF Labour do not tear themselves apart.

Oh, I have got one more term for JC, not really an insult, just the truth......TRAITOR.

More insults and more failure to respond to and/or misrepresent information presented to yourself.

Please point out a single post where I have directly insulted anyone for their politics. It's not something I do as I don't believe it's constructive for any positive or meaningful debate. So, when I point out your insults, there's nothing rich about it.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
More insults and more failure to respond to and/or misrepresent information presented to yourself.

Please point out a single post where I have directly insulted anyone for their politics. It's not something I do as I don't believe it's constructive for any positive or meaningful debate. So, when I point out your insults, there's nothing rich about it.

No more insults from me, just pointing out the irony of one of the lefties objecting to my use of the term goon. OK, you tell me that you do not use insults, but please look back and see the overwhelming insult tally from left to right.

Jezza is a TRAITOR, not an insult but a fact, go ask Sean O'Callaghan. See how uncomfortable the truth can be?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Further to your response, I have already pointed out right leaning political commentators have implied Corbyn held his own, including those from the Sunday Times and Telegraph, for example.

And in the minutes following the show, I skipped through Twitter on a search for Corbyn and found left-leaners stating he was poor. It doesn't prove anything though does it?

It seems to be a matter of deciding which one of them is less shit.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Amazing what your interpretation of this interview is. I suppose half the reason we are in situation we are in now. Democracy alliows everyone a vote, no matter how thick.

It appears you lack intelligence and have selected hearing. Or did you find Corbyn's grilling so painful, that you are trying to forget?

The entire interview is here for you, verbatim:
https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/05/andrew-neil-interviews-jeremy-corbyn-full-transcript/

You will see very clearly the quotes from Callaghan and Mallon. Also, the astonishing statements by McDonnell and Abbott, which very belatedly they now regret.

No wonder this country has some problems with dim Corbynistas unable to watch and listen.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
And in the minutes following the show, I skipped through Twitter on a search for Corbyn and found left-leaners stating he was poor. It doesn't prove anything though does it?

It seems to be a matter of deciding which one of them is less shit.

Following both debates I also checked out what people were posting on Twitter. Following May's interview, there didn't seem to be hardly anyone who could say a positive thing about her. After viewing Twitter tonight, the reaction seems far more mixed. But clearly Twitter is left leaning when it comes to users and is not at all representative of the general population, and what they might think. But, I can't recall any left leaning commentators giving May any sort of praise.

But without some sort of quantitative analysis and then correcting for bias - no it probably doesn't prove a lot. Merely, I get the feeling Corbyn was viewed as doing 'less shit' than May - but maybe that's just my bias talking. It's hard to tell at this point,

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Corbyn did better under pressure than May did in that interview with Andrew Neil.

I'm not a massive fan of Corbyn but Labour's Manifesto is currently winning me over.

But as I've said before my vote doesn't really matter unless it's Tory where I live.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here