General Election 2017

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That made me laugh out loud. Best description of her ever

You'll be pissed in 20 minutes:

"Strong and stable" = 3 fingers
"Coalition of chaos" = 2 fingers
"Good deal for Britain" = 1 finger.
"Deep and special relationship" = 1 finger.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
May press conference in Sicily.
Looks rattled.
Tries to change subject to Climate Change.
Hasn't ducked question on Social Care...though waffles it a bit. Didn't really understand the answer.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
A small segment of the interview has already been released.

[tweet]868150771321327617[/tweet]

I think his position is pretty clear. He personally doesn't support Trident renewal, but the party does, and it's in the manifesto, so it will go ahead. Not the perfect answer given by Corbyn but something of greater substance than May said in her entire interview. Yet Neil never asked May the same question 6 times - only 3 if I recall. And Corbyn actually gave more of an answer, it just so happened Neil didn't like the answer given. He very clearly said the party would go ahead with Trident renewal.

Also, quotes from May:

Speaking at the G7 Summit in Sicily, Theresa May said: "Jeremy Corbyn has said that terror attacks in Britain are our own fault.
"And he's chosen to do that just a few days after one of the worst terrorist atrocities we have experienced in the United Kingdom."
She added: "There can never be an excuse for terrorism. There can never be an excuse for what happened in Manchester."
She said voters faced a choice "between me working strongly to protect the national interest and Jeremy Corbyn who, frankly, isn't up to the job".

Implying that Corbyn was using the terrorist attack for his own political gain. Yet, his views are long held. To me, it seems she is the one trying to take political advantage of the Manchester incident by deliberately misrepresenting what Corbyn actually said. Also, back to the simplistic argument that voters face a choice between me and the useless Corbyn - because that tactic has worked so well for her so far!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40065876

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
May press conference in Sicily.
Looks rattled.
Tries to change subject to Climate Change.
Hasn't ducked question on Social Care...though waffles it a bit. Didn't really understand the answer.

I do hope they are fair and give the conference full coverage.

So far, only a small section of comments, generally attacking Corbyn, have been incorporated into other articles.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
So you're saying Labour will deliberately negotiate a poor deal for their own country, on the basis of ..no evidence.

It's a little hard to take you seriously.

It's very hard to take Labour seriously with all their giveaways. The evidence I have is what these people have said. Starmer has done nothing but oppose brexit, even after the result. He tries to put a spoke in the process by demanding to know our tactics beforehand and then demands that we meet his self-imposed targets "or he'll oppose the agreed outcome". If that doesn't lead to a poor deal I don't know what will.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
A small segment of the interview has already been released.

[tweet]868150771321327617[/tweet]

I think his position is pretty clear. He personally doesn't support Trident renewal, but the party does, and it's in the manifesto, so it will go ahead. Not the perfect answer given by Corbyn but something of greater substance than May said in her entire interview. Yet Neil never asked May the same question 6 times - only 3 if I recall. And Corbyn actually gave more of an answer, it just so happened Neil didn't like the answer given. He very clearly said the party would go ahead with Trident renewal.

Also, quotes from May:

Implying that Corbyn was using the terrorist attack for his own political gain. Yet, his views are long held. To me, it seems she is the one trying to take political advantage of the Manchester incident by deliberately misrepresenting what Corbyn actually said. Also, back to the simplistic argument that voters face a choice between me and the useless Corbyn - because that tactic has worked so well for her so far!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40065876
Clearly, Corbyn has not excused the attack, nor said it was our fault. He has pointed to the fact that there is a link between terrorism and our foreign policy. His position is an entirely reasonable one, and May's response smacks of desperation. Oh, for some reasonable, rational debate.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
It's very hard to take Labour seriously with all their giveaways. The evidence I have is what these people have said. Starmer has done nothing but oppose brexit, even after the result. He tries to put a spoke in the process by demanding to know our tactics beforehand and then demands that we meet his self-imposed targets "or he'll oppose the agreed outcome". If that doesn't lead to a poor deal I don't know what will.

Since you don't quote any sources, I don't know, but it looks like he's referring to what he would do in OPPOSITION. He's hardly likely to oppose a deal he's negotiated himself. Unless he's certifiable.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Corbyn wriggling big time. Exposed as an IRA sympathiser who has surrounded himself with like minded people. Scary.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I won't ever vote for Corbyn. What's left for a working class man ? Libs will always be the laughing stock party.

Won't vote.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
**** me what a wriggling waffling **** this guy is, has he given a straight answer to a single question? This guy could be PM in couple of weeks. Madness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here