Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A soft Brexit handled by a progressive alliance rather than fckwitts like David Davis and Iain Duncan Smith? Happy days!

The EU have said no deals unless there is complete freedom of movement, no ifs, no buts. Plus handover up to £100b for pre agreed projects such as the rebuilding of Poland.

P.S. I'm not anti Europe, I'm just saying.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I found myself shouting "Run" at a white-gloved student on the TV who didn't get speedy with a ballot box in her hands.

Bit disappointed I have to be up early for work tomorrow now. Quite fancy watching for a few hours yet.

What is the POINT of all this rushing around in Sunderland, by the way? Why bother? Do they win a medal for being first?

When I was counting (decades ago) you got paid a flat fee. So soon as you were done, you go home. Having said that, I don't remember any sprinting!

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Michael Fallon is dreadful. Sevenoaks is jolly nice

:lolol: sorry! Used to live in Riverhead. Had to leave - confusing mixture of lovely people and absolutely terrible snobs. Feel very sorry for the teachers at Riverhead school - pushy parents galore. Annual fete used to raise £18k every year. Mad place.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anyone who thinks a result that mirrors the exit poll is a positive for our position in Brexit negotiations really is very stupid indeed.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
BBC said one of the Newcastle seats is attempting to beat Sunderland, for some, entirely pointless, reason.

Think they mean Newcastle vs Sunderland competing to be the first to get the votes transferred in the boxes and counted. Might have heard it wrong though.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Come on Sunderland.

We don't want Newcastle finishing first twice in the space of a month..

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I've met several people throughout the day today, across all area's of the town, and all were voting Labour and no one had a good word to say about Rudd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I totally agree. If she wasn't the candidate, the Tories wouldn't have as nearly a big problem with Hastings & Rye. This house and these signs were actually put up by a Conservative voter -

dont.JPG

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Anyone who thinks a result that mirrors the exit poll is a positive for our position in Brexit negotiations really is very stupid indeed.

Agreed. Clueless clowns .

On the exit poll issue, if it pans out like this May will be gone and another GE later in the year .

Oh yippee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
:lolol: sorry! Used to live in Riverhead. Had to leave - confusing mixture of lovely people and absolutely terrible snobs. Feel very sorry for the teachers at Riverhead school - pushy parents galore. Annual fete used to raise £18k every year. Mad place.

Let's just agree about Michael Fallon and leave the discussion on the merits of Sevenoaks for another time 👍

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've met several people throughout the day today, across all area's of the town, and all were voting Labour and no one had a good word to say about Rudd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Similar. I haven't heard anyone with a good word to say about her.

I certainly couldn't find a single good word to say about her after going to one of her surgeries, principally to discuss Southern Fail.

I don't want to count chickens yet though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here