Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have no doubt they would wish a "softer" version.But we are still leaving.
On the plus side those that actually wish to remain in the EU and have been remoaning non stop to have the vote over turned have been blown out of the political water.

Your feathers seem quite ruffled and your thinking quite muddled.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Tories have completely screwed up our great nation, everything is all about them and their party. Weakened and injured into the lions den we go in Brussels, what a mess

On the contrary,when we eventually start negotiations we will now be able to send a team of negotiators who will be the best for the job rather than the current Brexit team who want Brexit any cost.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Again I really think voters have been misinformed if they think labour would deliver a softer brexit than the tories or indeed a better one. The single market question is all about big business.......what the parties do and say are completely different things with regards to brexit.

Interesting times ahead

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not at all
We will not be remaining in The European Union,i cant be clearer than that.

Again, no one is questioning this. What point are you trying to make?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Not at all

We may still be remaining in the single market with full freedom of movement still in place though.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Not at all

Well it isn't clear though is it?

Realistically we're going to have to have another election and the parties are going to have to regroup to understand how best to fight that. If Labour or the Tories decide to campaign on a platform of offering a referendum on the final terms of leaving the EU then there's no guarantee it will happen.

Granted it's very unlikely things will pan out that way, but you can't go crowing about certainty after a result like last night

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On the contrary,when we eventually start negotiations we will now be able to send a team of negotiators who will be the best for the job rather than the current Brexit team who want Brexit any cost.

Agree. Cross party discussions. Agree on the type of Brexit. Send over an EU expert to discuss and negotiate. Far preferable.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Did the many beat the few?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
There is no mandate for the new Government take the UK out of the single market among other things.

It's going to be a mess Brexit - not a Hard of Soft

Theresa may said we will be out of being members of the single market and she will seek a NEW free trade agreement,
Jeremy Corbyn said we will be out of being members of the single market and he will seek a NEW agreement with tariff free access.

Pretty much the same position. Both have us out of being members of the single market but trading with it.

I cant see the EU letting us remain members of the single market when we are ending free movement and ending the primacy of the body that regulates it,the ECJ.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I have no doubt they would wish a "softer" version.But we are still leaving.
On the plus side those that actually wish to remain in the EU and have been remoaning non stop to have the vote over turned have been blown out of the political water.

There can't be both 'shy Remainers' who are also Remoaners. Despite what you say, there aren't too many that want to overturn the referendum result, but you might have to start turning your attention to those that want a less stark and harsh withdrawal than you seem to want.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Worthing East & Shoreham Parliamentary constituency CON HOLD no surprise one of the most safe Conservative seats in England with the 2015 election results the Conservatives 26,000 votes and Labour a distant second with around 9,000 but just look what happened yesterday General Election 2017 Tories 25,988 Labour 20,882 that's a 20% increase in the Labour vote.

Should another election be called shortly owing to the Conservatives inability to win a national majority then this safe seat could it really be under threat!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I don't get the Goldsmith one.

The locals won't vote for him when he's campaigning as an independent on a hot local issue, but as soon as he rejoins the tories, going back on his principled stance against Heathrow expansion they decide they'll go back and vote for him again, Brexit be damned

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Whilst I appreciate the election night thread.....

I believe this deserves its own thread.

What are the potential outcomes of a 'hung' parliament for the country and what is the likely impact on the UK economy?

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
We won't be entering Brexit negotiations anytime soon.

Tories well and truly f**ked everything up.

At least UKIP are out on their arses

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here