Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Booked Friday off work so will be 'up all night' with a full pack of ciggies, several Hungarian energy drinks and two tubs of pringles.

That being said: it won't be a result I'm happy with, the BBC exit polls in 2010 & 2015 were frighteningly accurate thus rendering the rest a little lacking in suspense and my constituency won't declare until nearly 5am. So I may jack it in around 3 if there isn't any tension or surprising results along the way.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I will only stay up for any length of time if the exit poll is suggesting that the tories will have less than a 20 seat majority, which is very unlikely.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Conservative majority is 1/14 at the bookies......I'd just go to bed if I were you.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
In just over 24 hours the fun will all begin with the exit polls being published to a waiting nation and it becomes very much "game on" for those who have plans to go through the night and see the drama unfold.

As I get older, I struggle more with these now so for the first time ever I'm contemplating trying to see if I can get a couple of hours sleep before kick-off.

I'm also questioning whether my usual approach to drink my way through is wise. Maybe I'll have greater endurance if I steer clear of the booze.

I'll eat my body weight in crisps though. That's a given.

Who's planning to go through the night, or most of it, and what is your plan of attack?

I would normally be doing the allnighter but this year I am going to be doing the fourth day of my second consecutive 6 day week...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
With respect Bozza, why the hell would one stay up and put themselves through the circus which is British politics (at the moment)?
My only attack tonight will be going to bed and hopefully wake up to another sunny day [emoji106]
I have to agree with this, I know people that hold election parties, PARTIES FFS!!?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I will be there. I can't say I'll be awake all night but will be on the sofa, TV on and surrounded by beer, tabs and peanuts, ready to spring awake as the news comes in.

Plan B finds myself prodded from unconsciousness at 7am not knowing a bloody thing.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
There's something about Emily Maitlis swiping an interactive smartboard that is impossible to drag yourself away from.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I've booked Friday off work. May need a quick kip once the polls close and until the results start to really come in as I am getting too old for this. But there is something about election night and there will be some surprises I am sure this year.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Luckily I have to work tomorrow. Then I have to breath, come on here, pluck my nose hairs and generally find something more appealing than pinning the tail on a donkey

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Has to be said I have never heard so many lies from so man politicians - you don't know what to believe any more?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yup. I've booked Friday off work and fully intend an all-nighter. Love election nights.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Betfair exchange: 1/7 Con majority.
Remain was 1/4 on referendum day.

Not saying that one will follow t'other of course (as it won't)
Well you never know. Apparently students love Corbyn, if they fancy getting out of bed on Thursday that might make a difference......:lolol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not much of choice is it? I can't recall a time with such a dearth of political talent and lack of inspirational vision in any party.

I have always voted, happily and decisively, but for the first time ever I am a total loss as to what to do.

Only 4 candidates standing in my constituency: Conservative, Labour, Lib Dem and UKIP.

Labour I discount immediately. I wouldn't be adverse to voting Labour under different circumstances, but I can't endorse Corbyn and McDonnell. Similarly, no way will I vote Lib Dem or UKIP. So that leaves the Conservatives.

Again, I wouldn't be adverse to voting Conservative - it is probably the natural home for my vote. But they have run an appalling campaign in a totally unnecessary election called purely for Mrs May's benefit and not the country's. Put simply, I don't believe they deserve my vote this time so why should I give it to them.

I can't NOT vote, so hence my being at a total loss. I still believe a 'spoilt' ballot 'is the best way I can register my complete exasperation with this whole sorry state of affairs. And for me, that is a crying shame.

Maybe I'll have a moment of clarity on my way to the polling station tomorrow morning and find myself able to make a positive choice, but time is running out...

If only Lord Sutch was still alive ...sigh

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's not much of a choice is it. We're basically screwed whatever happens.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
don't think that Lucus is that nailed on

Day off, cider in fridge, doritos chilli chips and up all night as always.
Can't wait to join the debates on here as I troll the Labourites or suffer humiliation from said Labourites.
Potential moments in History are created everytime we elect a new government.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here