Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Boy George is absolutely loving this

[tweet]870236254377562112[/tweet]

Boy George, loving this???..................A photo of Gwyneth Paltrow in her bikini.........surely not?..........especially after I read what he was sent to prison for..............

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Shows how dim northerners are if the majority of them vote conservative, they're the reason you have no work and live in a slum!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
May has a clear plan for the security of our country and the future of the navy as her answers make clear here

[tweet]870174112852975616[/tweet]

Well seeing as Abbott could be in charge of security maybe she could throw a few figures in a plan eh.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Shows how dim northerners are if the majority of them vote conservative, they're the reason you have no work and live in a slum!

All the North was strong Labour for years, going right back. Did not do them a lot of good did it. Actually i lived up the Midlands, in my trade they get the same JIB rate, houses, council tax, food and beer etc is all cheaper, they do not have it bad.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
May has a clear plan for the security of our country and the future of the navy as her answers make clear here

[tweet]870174112852975616[/tweet]

She's now so toxic that she won't answer questions at all, that's if she turns up instedd of sending a recently bereaved colleague instead.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Interesting predictions, few Tory safe seats in London

https://yougov.co.uk/uk-general-election-2017/

If the pole is accurate then that's a huge swing to Labour from 2015 in London. Was 9.2 in 2015 and that pole now has them 17 points ahead. As original post said that was effectively see them wiped out in the Capital. London is basically a Labour city but this would still be a huge swing if true.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
40F84A6000000578-4560692-image-m-13_1496271790880.jpg

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
We have poll after poll on here, it is never go to show the outcome. Labour were due to win the last elections, according to the polls on here, Remain was going to easily win, according to NSC, and now Labour are in front again.
The Brighton area and NSC do not reflect nationwide, same as the audience last night, the board is loaded with far left leaning posters.

Except the previous poll on here had Conservatives massively ahead. The current one does not, agreeing with the national trend of the Conservatives becoming less popular.

I was interested to see if there would be any further change in a NSC poll. Obviously it's not going to be reflective of national opinion!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
WD, this from Darlington....Oop North.
‘We are dying because of Labour’ Voters in left-wing stronghold ‘fed up’ with Corbyn
https://newsexplored.co.uk/we-are-d...s-in-left-wing-stronghold-fed-up-with-corbyn/
I know they used to all be labour soul, I'm just throwing some grenades into the mix, just catching up on the BBC debate last night, they've sort of merged the weakest link with question time..
Lib dems come out on top for me followed by greens

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I'm still undecided.

Conservatives have cut too much, we've had austerity for Seven years and the national debt has got higher and higher.

Labour are promising the world and I don't think they can deliver, they're promising too much too soon.

But it really is a two horse race this time, there's no serious alternative.
I can't see myself voting Conservative, so it's Labour by default.
Anyway I live in Arundel and South Downs so my vote makes no difference.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Living up in the North East, in proper old Labour heartland, I can tell you that there is not a lot of love for Corbyn. Perhaps partly motivated by the Brexit vote, most of this region was vehemently leave, but there is talk of the Tories having a decent shot at a couple of seats up here - Hartlepool and Sedgefield in particular. There was huge surprise that the new metro mayor of Teeside, voted for in the recent local elections, was the Tory candidate.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I know they used to all be labour soul, I'm just throwing some grenades into the mix, just catching up on the BBC debate last night, they've sort of merged the weakest link with question time..
Lib dems come out on top for me followed by greens

Fair enough WD, beware the myth that Labour are the party for the working class, they have done very little for the North, who are waking up.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Can't believe so many want to vote for anarchy and oblivion under Corbyn.

Because 7 years of austerity and Tory policy hasn't worked. The economy hasn't grown as they've predicted. The deficit has grown and grown despite promise after promise of this approach bringing it down. Our key services continue to be cut along with tax breaks for the wealthiest companies and persons in the country. People are seeing through the 'strong stable' mantra, and aren't just looking at Corbyn, they are looking at other politicians and economic experts and thinking, believing that we can afford to tax our biggest businesses and wealthiest a bit more (all voters, former Tory voters saying it themselves on this thread), that we can afford to contribute more into our services, our education and NHS, and that there is a different approach to the one that hasn't worked for 7 years.

It was Project Fear for Brexit, it is now Project Fear v2.0 such as your own post for this General Election. This attitude that the alternative is oblivion just isn't washing with voters.

The Tories will likely win, but may well have a smaller majority than before, and May will be severely weakened given she called this to extend her majority. It is a powerful democratic message that the Tories need to listen, need to compromise and demonstrate the ability to show flexibility toward more centrist policies and more progressive tax strategies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here