Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Maybe she should take a leaf out of Corbyn's book .. even if a big majority of your own party MP's vote and say you're not up to the job carry on regardless pretend nothing has happenned.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The DUP fully back upholding The Good Friday Agreement post-Brexit, so it'll be very interesting to see what happens over it. This is politically very dangerous for The DUP if it goes wrong as well as being very dangerous for Northern Ireland.
Labour also support Brexit on the back of the referendum, so the Tories can work on a deal that will be acceptable to Labour, it doesn't have to have the backing of the DUP. That may be optimistic, but Brexit is happening and both main parties want a deal to be done.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Some seem to be pretty sore that the "wrong person" was standing in front of the ranks of the world's media in Downing Street this lunchtime.

Chins up lads - it's Friday.

Come on Boz - You can't seriously think that speech was anything but odd? Oblivious to the chaos going on around her.

It's a positive for the country we seem to have a reasonable opposition at least. I don't think JC was the man to lead the country, however, I'm not certain May is either after this uncertainty entirely made of her own doing.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Labour also support Brexit on the back of the referendum, so the Tories can work on a deal that will be acceptable to Labour, it doesn't have to have the backing of the DUP. That may be optimistic, but Brexit is happening and both main parties want a deal to be done.

True. The DUP also back Brexit. I don't know why Northern Ireland should suffer over a hard Brexit though. The Good Friday Agreement is worth more, I just hope The DUP have some influence over it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think it is a bit unfair to imply that young voters are only voting for Corbyn and the Labour party because of free tuition fees. There was a large movement towards Corbyn way before the manifesto was announced and I think they are voting for not only their own personal circumstances but also what they feel will be a fairer society.

Personally I think it is fantastic that they are engaging in politics and what will shape their future. I have no more problem with their optimistic progressive thinking as I have with an older voter who might lean towards more conservative (small c) thinking. I think the balance and future direction comes from the discussion between all generations.

I love/am really depressed by the idea that people cannot fathom the concept of people voting not in their self interest. A huge number of people I know who are post uni age moved over to Corbyn's Labour from Tory or undecided. "Ah, it's just cos they love free stuff" - is completely ignorant and makes those saying it appear embarrassingly out of touch with the young electorate.

Last edited:

Tories won the election and Tess has a right to form a government. Just remember that Corbyn was short of seats to win so cannot in any way form a government. This refusal to accept a loss is spreading from the Democrats and is poisoning people's minds.
She has been forced to tone down the Brexit stance now and will probably get the result she wanted any way.

Much to my disgust we will not be leaving the EU. The real May has just stood up.

Death of the SNP and a rebirth of Ukip is now the future.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Exactly why I wanted a hung parliament. If May negotiates something that will be contentious with her own back benchers, something unappealing to her new friends or, as mentioned earlier, a few of her party can't make it to parliament for whatever reason it'll end up rejected. But if the politicians can take a potentially divisive situation and use it to work together and compromise then it should fly thorough with all party support. Very hard Brexit is now off the cards. Ditto the Norway option IMO. We should get something relatively acceptable to all because both major parties will need to buy in.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Some seem to be pretty sore that the "wrong person" was standing in front of the ranks of the world's media in Downing Street this lunchtime.

I would guess that most of the people thinking that are at Conservative Central Office. We all know how the Tory party works. They will support her now to stabilise party position, but there will be a reckoning and it will be bloody and brutal.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Come on Boz - You can't seriously think that speech was anything but odd? Oblivious to the chaos going on around her.

It's a positive for the country we seem to have a reasonable opposition at least. I don't think JC was the man to lead the country, however, I'm not certain May is either after this uncertainty entirely made of her own doing.

Not sure how chaos going on is a positive for the country as we start Brexit negotiations or that Labour will suddenly morph into a united effective opposition. Saying that I doub't Tory MP's will be ironically cheering JC at the next PMQ's

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

All I'll say is if the roles were reversed and it was Labour and, say, the Greens instead of the Conservatives and the DUP then I would expect Corbyn to do exactly as May has just done.

In front of the ranks of the media and having just returned from Buckingham Palace is never going to be the time nor place to do anything more than what we've just seen.

If you were looking for some dressed up version of "Blimey, that all went a bit worse than I thought. How embarrassing for me. What a pickle I'm in now." you were always going to be disappointed.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I love/am really depressed by the idea that people cannot fathom the concept of people voting not in their self interest. A huge number of people I know who are post uni age moved over to Corbyn's Labour from Tory or undecided.

Same here. I know a hell of a lot of people that voted Labour and none of them are university age and all are late twenties - mid fifties. I personally took a lot of grief from some Tories I am working with with the questions of 'why would you vote for someone that will tax you more?'. Apparently because I am a firm supported of the NHS wasn't good enough.

Worth noting that last time out I voted Conservative because my local MP was ruddy brilliant

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Tories won the election and Tess has a right to form a government. Just remember that Corbyn was short of seats to win so cannot in any way form a government. This refusal to accept a loss is spreading from the Democrats and is poisoning people's minds.
She has been forced to tone down the Brexit stance now and will probably get the result she wanted any way.

Much to my disgust we will not be leaving the EU. The real May has just stood up.

Death of the SNP and a rebirth of Ukip is now the future.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Er, what?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Coming across incredibly bitter, fella. Give it up.

Bitter?

Once again, I'm delighted that May has got what she deserved.

I'm just not a blinkered myopic one party man. I'm not going to apologise for being able to criticise both sides, just because most are unable to see much wrong in their chosen party.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here