Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
If we have the ability and will to defend ourselves then aggressors are less likely to take the chance. This debate has reminded me of the reasons that JC is an inappropriate leader of the Labour Party.

I was appalled at his hypocrisy at the last question. Asked whether he really wanted to abolish tuition fees, he justified this by saying that he disapproved of pulling up the drawbridge, as his generation had free access to higher education. When the grammar school issue was raised a few months ago, that was precisely what Teresa May said to him, as he opposed their extension, having benefitted himself as well as family members.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That has been the reason why the peace has been maintained for so long -it is called deterrent. Corbyn talking about chatting with rogue states like North Korea about ditching weapons is just fantasy. This is his only response to questions which try to tie him down - yes, it is very desirable to seek agreement on such issues, but when there is no such agreement - and do you really think countries like North korea etc will listen - he then struggles.

The alternative to chat is a pre-emptive nuclear strike on N Korea. Up for that? Hmmmm.....

When I was younger I reasoned that all the *******s I hated (Mugabe, Pol Pot, Bokassa, etc) would best be dealt with by pre-emptive nuclear tactical strike because, by ****, they were not going to listen to reason.

Then I grew up. Time the willy waving stopped.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Should he not condemn them?

He says he was working for peace, yet met members of IRA/Sinn Fein on 70 plus occasions, yet net never met any members of the loyalist community......

He has condemned them. Repeatedly.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Russia, North Korea, potentially Pakistan in the future. Sticking our heads in the sand won't protect us. The world is not filled with nice gentlemen like JC.

Pakistan already has about 140 warheads. I'd say that was more scary than North Korea having them

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
He met with the IRA, they murdered people,

He won't incinerate millions of people,

I'm not voting for him!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
If diplomacy fails we all suffer. It has moved on from 'would you make a pre-emptive strike' (answer: obviously only a mad count like Trump or Boris would do that) to 'if someone drops a big nuke on Sussex and wipes out 1.5 million people will you retaliate?' (answer: who gives a **** - we'd all be dead).

Strong and stable.

The idea of Trident is an effective deterrent so that what you somewhat theatrically write is largely irrelevant. Deterrence works if your potential opponent thinks you are serious - it does not work if the opponent knows you are a weak link. Life being as it is, dictators will take advantage of what they perceive as weakness.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
June the 9th will see a conservative government. What the majority will be who knows but Labour will not win this election.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Pakistan's a friend and North Korea is half the world away.
Russia's been a 'threat' for 70 years. Why would they suddenly be more of a threat now?

Pakistan is at constant risk of militant take over. Can you guarantee this will not happen ? These people cannot be negotiated away.
Being half the world away does not prevent nuclear attack in the future.
Russia would suddenly be more of a threat if we were not prepared to defend ourselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here