Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It always does .. tens of billions to buy peoples votes.

labour-manifesto-jeremy-corbyn-2017.jpg

Knowing that it just doesn't cost in but don't let that ruin the moment

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I'm sure you are. They are lucky that the alternative option is a UK loathing, terrorist sympathising, anti-democratic far left clique is the only alternative government. Not a great choice but I have some self respect :wink:

It's a view but as a card carrying Labour member as well as being a member of UNITE and Momentum I'm none of those things. I love the UK, loath terrorism and am all in favour of democracy. I think you are making massive generalisations about people and that's never wise or helpful.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It's a view but as a card carrying Labour member as well as being a member of UNITE and Momentum I'm none of those things. I love the UK, loath terrorism and am all in favour of democracy. I think you are making massive generalisations about people and that's never wise or helpful.

Is the term 'far left clique' generalising?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
How's this for a scary scenario,
July 12th Orange day marches are soon, and with the DUP/Orange order riding high, the more extreme elements amongst them, decide that the Garvaghy Road march should be forced through.
With the British Government seen to be in bed with the DUP,the March commision is no longer trusted to be a fair arbiter of any dispute by the Republicans, so, they riot gainst the marches across NI, it will only take one bomb, one atrocity, from either side, to descend into the worst excesses of the more recent Troubles.
Who could be sure that the Real IRA, or a re- invigorated UFF, won't push for a return to widespread violence.

I hope May kniws what she's doing.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
You mean interest rates which have been historically low for years ??? . Tower blocks where both parties are culpable Labour mostly as they run most of the local authorities ??? . Sadly you haven't seen bleakness you obviously forgot the 3day weeks and endless strikes where labour where in charge. Please remove those blinkers

The 3 day week, geez, I was still at school then, i retire in 8 years. If yo are going to criticise for goodness sake make it relevant. I seem to remember that tge 3 day week was under the Heath government anyway, but, it was so long ago I may have lost that in the mists of time.

Breaking newsHarold had his eye put out by Norman immigrant army

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'm assuming that by your standards I'd be included in that definition.

That depends. I hold to a basic standard that a politician fit to govern the UK should generally never sympathise with/commemorate or openly support terrorists while they bomb and murder our citizens and armed forces. Also openly calling for insurrection and direct action against our democratically elected government is also a bit of a no no.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
How's this for a scary scenario,
July 12th Orange day marches are soon, and with the DUP/Orange order riding high, the more extreme elements amongst them, decide that the Garvaghy Road march should be forced through.
With the British Government seen to be in bed with the DUP,the March commision is no longer trusted to be a fair arbiter of any dispute by the Republicans, so, they riot gainst the marches across NI, it will only take one bomb, one atrocity, from either side, to descend into the worst excesses of the more recent Troubles.
Who could be sure that the Real IRA, or a re- invigorated UFF, won't push for a return to widespread violence.

I hope May kniws what she's doing.

I'm afraid that events rather strongly suggest that this is not the case.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Triple lock pensions, reduction of death duties, they all bribe, just the targets are different

But this is simply cash for votes, completely different. Why should be taxpayer put up the cost to prop up the Tory party?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
But this is simply cash for votes, completely different. Why should be taxpayer put up the cost to prop up the Tory party?

My post was in answer to JC football genius who mentioned Labour buying votes from students.
What the cons have done eith the DUP, is a whole different level

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Nice little coalition of chaos we've got now eh?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
only another £48bn to find and we could have all of St Jezza's giveaways!

Unless you and footy genious and some others are on the wind up, i despair at some of the posts on here.
Corbyn is not PM so at the moment it does not matter.
But the hopeless May yet again promised the people who have not had a pay rise for years and indeed are going backwards that there is no magic money tree, but just like Osbourne she suddenly finds a billion quid to prop up some votes because she totally ballsed up the election.
A billion quid when child poverty is rising for christs sake.
I mean what goes on in your heads to protect this obviously hopeless bunch of idiots.
Austerity has not worked, we are in a total mess and May still shits on the most vunerable but waves a billion under their noses and snatches it away,
What part of that do you not understand.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Unless you and footy genious and some others are on the wind up, i despair at some of the posts on here.
Corbyn is not PM so at the moment it does not matter.
But the hopeless May yet again promised the people who have not had a pay rise for years and indeed are going backwards that there is no magic money tree, but just like Osbourne she suddenly finds a billion quid to prop up some votes because she totally ballsed up the election.
A billion quid when child poverty is rising for christs sake.
I mean what goes on in your heads to protect this obviously hopeless bunch of idiots.
Austerity has not worked, we are in a total mess and May still shits on the most vunerable but waves a billion under their noses and snatches it away,
What part of that do you not understand.

They understand they just don't give a shit.

The mind of the typical Tory voter = Look after number 1, feck everyone else.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
So that famous money tree the tories told us didn't exist, just dropped £1bn , hmm hypocrisy

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

It really beggars belief that anyone can defend this. They laughingly accuse Labour of having a 'magic money tree' - but suddenly the Tories find one when it comes to keeping themselves in power. And we are all paying for it! It could easily pay for the 26,000 nurses the NHS is short of. Disgusting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here