Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
He was warning about police numbers before the recent attacks. Additionally a week before the NHS malware meltdown he was stressing the importance of cyber security.

Rather than being an opportunist, maybe he's just right?
resource have been reallocated crime changing however we will have to put more money into police resource but everybody wants a slice of the money tree including paying the debt off for our future children.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I wasn't aware that we're under threat from Hamas, Hezbollah. Maybe, like Obama, he believes that talking to terrorists is the first step to getting them to peace talks. Maybe it'll work with the IRA one day. No, wait: it did?!

Meanwhile he, Obama dodged the biggest one of all,Korea.......the world waits...

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Think the problem is the Tories are offering young people very little, they've been taken for granted, plus they've been screwed over with Brexit.

IMO JC's spending plans are crazy, though I'd have more faith on Kier Starmer getting a deal on Brexit than David Davis (way too arrogant)

I think the problem was partly complacency and the Tories deciding to be vaguely honest and hit their core support (older voters). Treating the public like grown-ups telling them hard truths is never sensible.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
resource have been reallocated crime changing however we will have to put more money into police resource but everybody wants a slice of the money tree including paying the debt off for our future children.

Yep. There's no easy answers to tough questions. The media and politicians give the impression that everything is black & white whereas in reality it's about 98% grey.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Nothing comes for free, as reflected in Labour's manifesto which is fully costed.

Labour's increasing popularity in the polls comes purely because it's common sense to somewhat redistribute wealth in this ever increasing unequal society, and use the money to invest in the things that are important such as policing, education, social care and the NHS.

Over the last month, people have had the chance to hear Corbyn speak, rather than falling upon the right-wing medias propaganda campaign against him. It is quite obvious that he is the better leader; a man of the people like us, with progressive ideas for a better Britain. He continues to show that it is important to see the bigger picture when it comes to more pressing concerns such as Brexit and terrorism, and to approach them with wisdom and investment - rather than May's obsession over appearing like an 'ard and difficult woman, only serving to further antagonise the problems.

And the comedy hits keep on coming. Not according to the IFS.

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
People do realise you're not just getting Corbyn yeah?

If you're comfortable putting our country in the hands of diane abbott and that waste of air emily thornberry, who was an utter disgrace this morning, then go for the gold! Don't forget your "I'm voting Labour" box round your facebook profile picture so all your echo chamber idiot friends can see how right on you are.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yeah. He also ordered the death of the Al Qaeda hierachy rather than inviting them for a cup of tea.
Aspiration and rhetoric v reality, I suppose.

fair comment,that said reality is closing in and we have a certain MR Trump in a position of currently dealing with the situation,as things stand 3 American aircraft carrier battle groups are of the North Korean coast as we speak...

right now i think reality is looking like a conflict brewing,unless common sense prevails.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
fair comment,that said reality is closing in and we have a certain MR Trump in a position of currently dealing with the situation,as things stand 3 American aircraft carrier battle groups are of the North Korean coast as we speak...

right now i think reality is looking like a conflict brewing,unless common sense prevails.

We're doomed, aren't we?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
So on one hand we've a party that cannot possibly afford its manifesto
On the other, we've a party that hasn't actually revealed costings so we have no idea.

Tough to make an informed choice either way.

Surely as important is where the 'money' is coming from. An increase in CT combined with a min wage increase, will many firms be able to incorporate both to provide funds quoted?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
My patriotism differs from yours. I'm patriotic .

Good for you
Makes your original comment
"Better than being right-wing, Empire, patriotic immigrant controller jumping out Tory now though. Tally Ho
where you clearly say being patriotic is a negative thing.....even odder though

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
On the other, we've a party that hasn't actually revealed costings so we have no idea.

It's often the case the party expected to win keeps it as vague as possible but they should have been more open while the party likely to lose (badly) promises the earth. I think we roughly know what we are getting with the Tories (good and bad).

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We're doomed, aren't we?

Yep,if only Obama had talked to Kim....

We should see the fixture list come out though :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The IFS said Labour's figures don't add up.

The alleged tax take from corporation tax and high earners will never materialise, and will diminish by half over a 5 year Parliament.

Companies and individuals will make alternative arrangements - relocate abroad, invest in plant and pensions, work less, draw less from their companies.

Supported by a principle well established in taxation, that you the higher you raise tax rates beyond a certain extent, the £ take actually falls. And in the global economy, the lower CT rates in many countries such as Ireland will prove enticing.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The IFS said Labour's figures don't add up.

The alleged tax take from corporation tax and high earners will never materialise, and will diminish by half over a 5 year Parliament.

Companies and individuals will make alternative arrangements - relocate abroad, invest in plant and pensions, work less, draw less from their companies.

Supported by a principle well established in taxation, that you the higher you raise tax rates beyond a certain extent, the £ take actually falls. And in the global economy, the lower CT rates in many countries such as Ireland will prove enticing.

Increasing CP tax might work if we didn't have Brexit. But we're now in a corner, raising them right now would create the perfect exodus for business. I feel like the country is caught between the devil and the deep blue sea.

In 2 years I feel the Tories have really screwed up this country

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here