Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Tories did nothing wrong chaps, not the best campaign, but it was all those pesky commies messing it up!

You sound delusional and extremely out of touch. Sorry.

I have also said May has proved woefully inadequate and criticised her decision to seek an alliance with the DUP. Delusional is voting for Corbyn and his fellow travellers believing they can deliver.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
With respect, the complete establishment were Remainers.
The Tory leadership (most of them).
The Labour leadership (most of them).
The Lib-Dems (all of them).
BoE.
CBI.
IMF.
Obama.

Possibly because, being relatively well-informed (at least compared with a large proportion of the electorate), they could see that Brexit was a really bad idea all round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I have also said May has proved woefully inadequate and criticised her decision to seek an alliance with the DUP. Delusional is voting for Corbyn and his fellow travellers believing they can deliver.

You're right, if I were you I'd prefer the certainty of knowing the leader of the party I voted for isn't up to it rather than just suspecting.

Sounds a strong voting methodology. You don't live in Brighton Kemp Town by any chance do you?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
How do you know what Marxist is then?

He's definitely more popular with the kids than Milton Friedman.

The modern Labour Party is more Keynes than Marx anyway. It's just a word the right uses to scare people.

I took McDonnell at his word he said he was a Marxist. Just like he said he thought the bomb and bullet was OK to use in bringing about a united Ireland.

So is Justin Bieber

'Modern' Labour party = oxymoron Shirley

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton

Well I certainly can agree with you about May. I think she might be the only person in the country right now who thinks otherwise lol. But moaning about labour voters for voting against someone who is incompetent sounds strange to me. They recognised Mays incompetence and voted for something different. At the end of the day, whether or not corbyn was able to deliver, we'll never find out, but the country and her own voters have certainly had their eyes opened and are now acutely aware of how incompetent May is. You can't really blame the labour voters can you?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I took McDonnell at his word he said he was a Marxist. Just like he said he thought the bomb and bullet was OK to use in bringing about a united Ireland.

So is Justin Bieber

'Modern' Labour party = oxymoron Shirley

He's obviously read Marx and he's an influence for sure. Marx is an influence on more than you imagine I guess. I find it hard to understand how someone can throw Marxist round in a pejorative sense and not have read 'The Communist Manifesto.' It's not even a long book. I've read 'The Prince' and I'm supposedly some Corbyn fanatic.

(Actually I suspect John McDonnell might be a bit of a fan of The Prince but I'll keep that one to myself.)

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Haven't read the 958 pages, but wanted a quick rant. What is Chris Leslie MP on? 'Corbyn missed an open goal....not good enough!' There was a 9.6% increase in the Labour vote. No other Labour leader has come close to that since 1945. Attlee surpassed it with 10.4% and that came 10 years after the previous general election - in between was a cataclysmic, genocidal, World war. Corbyn did it in 2 years with Brexit in between. Attlee didn't have Chris Leslie plus 3/4 of his MPs and Rupert Murdoch crapping in his porridge every morning.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
619788B2-920F-404C-A257-EF4E860978AC.jpg

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Haven't read the 958 pages, but wanted a quick rant. What is Chris Leslie MP on? 'Corbyn missed an open goal....not good enough!' There was a 9.6% increase in the Labour vote. No other Labour leader has come close to that since 1945. Attlee surpassed it with 10.4% and that came 10 years after the previous general election - in between was a cataclysmic, genocidal, World war. Corbyn did it in 2 years with Brexit in between. Attlee didn't have Chris Leslie plus 3/4 of his MPs and Rupert Murdoch crapping in his porridge every morning.

Top rant Sir, passionate, truthful, and to the point. It's a yes from me :lolol:punk:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Well I certainly can agree with you about May. I think she might be the only person in the country right now who thinks otherwise lol. But moaning about labour voters for voting against someone who is incompetent sounds strange to me. They recognised Mays incompetence and voted for something different. At the end of the day, whether or not corbyn was able to deliver, we'll never find out, but the country and her own voters have certainly had their eyes opened and are now acutely aware of how incompetent May is. You can't really blame the labour voters can you?

Recognising incompetence = vote Corbyn ! I doubt whoever the Tory leader was would made any difference to some Labour voters. The mantra some people follow is anyone but the Tories (boy do they mean anyone) plus free stuff is very compelling.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

I'm not saying Corbyn doesn't deserve some credit for increasing the vote - 8 weeks ago I'd have pissed myself silly writing that. Isnt, however, the reason why the Labour party vote (and Tory) increased because the UKIP vote had to go somewhere? Brexit indirectly increased the Labour vote.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Recognising incompetence = vote Corbyn ! I doubt whoever the Tory leader was would made any difference to some Labour voters. The mantra some people follow is anyone but the Tories (boy do they mean anyone) plus free stuff is very compelling.

You don't think May was incompetent then? You don't think Corbyn completely overshadowed her on the stump? You don't think voters should vote for the best candidate? You don't think voters should get answers to their questions? You don't think candidates should actually meet real voters? You don't think candidates should have the guts to take part in a televised debate against other party leaders? You don't think candidates need anything more than just trite, puerile, sound bites?

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Cameron is too blame for the shite we are all in now a complete and utter c**t.......:tosser:

Totally, I don't agree with Nick Clegg often but he was spot on when he said Cameron used the British public to settle and argument in his own party, he also said that he repeatedly warned Cameron it was a bad idea to hold a referendum, i agree with Nick

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton

You could apply the very same argument to the right. I have in laws in my family that would vote for anyone in a blue rosette, that's just who they are, tribalist, lifetime voters.

I don't think you can pin that on everyone who voted for corbyn though can you? If you admit that May was incompetent why is the mental leap so difficult to make that people just simply voted for something different because why on earth would you vote for someone you saw as fundamentally flawed? It's the same reason you don't like corbyn. Rightly or wrongly you made your choice and they made theirs. The only difference between now and Wednesday is that now even her voters realise how shit she was.

Totally, I don't agree with Nick Clegg often but he was spot on when he said Cameron used the British public to settle and argument in his own party, he also said that he repeatedly warned Cameron it was a bad idea to hold a referendum, i agree with Nick
Good old democratic Clegg

Told Cameron referendum was a bad idea. Urged him not to give the people a say. When the people did reject the EU, could not wait to de-rail it. Invented hard and soft Brexit as a thing, when he knows there is no such thing.

The voters never forgot his treachery and gave him the shoeing he deserved.

So glad this clown has gone from British politics, he can now go and rip off European tax payers money with his missus.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Shame I've been too busy of late to come on here and lord it over some of my favourite Tory slugs - where are ya :)

Blairite slug but he's getting an absolute shelling so top comedy :O

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here