Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Surprised (well...not really) to see the assessment from the Tory boy cheerleaders regarding PMQs. I am.assuming this is desperate spin and you do actually understand what a disaster today has been for May? First of all the Tories resorted to pre-agreed softball questions for May so that she could respond with pre-scripted 'quips'. As should be very obvious this is not her 'giving it to corbyn'. This is her being Molly coddled through the event because they know she is very weak and don't trust her to manage on her own. Major sign of weakness. Then the question on trident. WTF? They know full well this issue has been played out in full and trying to use it against him only makes him stronger in terms of public support. I can only assume they did it because they needed to give the Tory old boys something to cheer and also as a way of trolling the PLP members that they know support trident. They were more concerned about the dynamic in parliament than public perception. Again a sign of weakness.
What will cut through in the media and be heard by majority of people (who don't give a stuff about PMQs) is:
1. U turn on a U turn
2. May got told what to do by Hammond
3. The Tories have voted to stop pay rises for nurses after giving £1bn to DUP.

This was NOT a good day for May.
First of many.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
So the Tories vote against ending the public sector pay cap and ending cuts to the emergency services, while happily splurging a billion on keeping themselves in power. They really are an utter disgrace.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Surprised (well...not really) to see the assessment from the Tory boy cheerleaders regarding PMQs. I am.assuming this is desperate spin and you do actually understand what a disaster today has been for May? First of all the Tories resorted to pre-agreed softball questions for May so that she could respond with pre-scripted 'quips'. As should be very obvious this is not her 'giving it to corbyn'. This is her being Molly coddled through the event because they know she is very weak and don't trust her to manage on her own. Major sign of weakness. Then the question on trident. WTF? They know full well this issue has been played out in full and trying to use it against him only makes him stronger in terms of public support. I can only assume they did it because they needed to give the Tory old boys something to cheer and also as a way of trolling the PLP members that they know support trident. They were more concerned about the dynamic in parliament than public perception. Again a sign of weakness.
What will cut through in the media and be heard by majority of people (who don't give a stuff about PMQs) is:
1. U turn on a U turn
2. May got told what to do by Hammond
3. The Tories have voted to stop pay rises for nurses after giving £1bn to DUP.

This was NOT a good day for May.
First of many.

Great bit of Top notch New Labour spin from the Corbyn/far left fanboys. :lolol:

Planted questions to help their side is hardly new although the fact it happened again today at least shows there is still some semblance of unity even if it's mainly based on self preservation. A leader of a party being at odds with his own parties position on national defence is always newsworthy especially when it appears he his decieving the electorate (shock horror). As you know it's about survival and damage limitation for the Tories in the short term. Today's PMQ's was a neccasery first step. The fact you have bothered to spin this confirms Corbyn missed an open goal , yet again.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
So the Tories vote against ending the public sector pay cap and ending cuts to the emergency services, while happily splurging a billion on keeping themselves in power. They really are an utter disgrace.

This all day long. Utterly disgraceful but is anyone actually surprised?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
A leader of a party being at odds with his own parties position on national defence is always newsworthy

Only if

a) the papers have nothing better to report
Or b) the papers are too biased to print the fact that it takes a special kind of Tory shamelessness to vote against giving nurses and police officers a ONE PER CENT pay rise a day after finding £1 billion to bribe the DUP.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Only if

a) the papers have nothing better to report
Or b) the papers are too biased to print the fact that it takes a special kind of Tory shamelessness to vote against giving nurses and police officers a ONE PER CENT pay rise a day after finding £1 billion to bribe the DUP.

Yeah right .. if the Tory Party Leader was opposed to his own parties defence policy costing tens of Billions you would think it hardly worth reporting! If he then told a good mate he was going to reverse that policy after the election against the will of his parliamentary party ... also not worth reporting!!

Some of you Corbynistas remind me of cult members :facepalm::dunce:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Yeah right .. if the Tory Party Leader was opposed to his own parties defence policy costing tens of Billions you would think it hardly worth reporting! If he then told a good mate he was going to reverse that policy after the election against the will of his parliamentary party ... also not worth reporting!!

Says the one ignoring the Tories shameless vote today... ???

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Says the one ignoring the Tories shameless vote today... ???

Course it isn't 'shameless' it's politics. Labour tabled it knowing it could never be passed but would be a good point scoring tactic which you are proving. The Tories are going to row back on austerity lifting the pay freeze in the autumn budget (if they survive that long).

Now explain to me again how the points raised in my previous post aren't newsworthy?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Course it isn't 'shameless' it's politics. Labour tabled it knowing it could never be passed but would be a good point scoring tactic which you are proving. The Tories are going to row back on austerity lifting the pay freeze in the autumn budget (if they survive that long).

Now explain to me again how the points raised in my previous post aren't newsworthy?

You don't think it's shameless to cut a deal worth 1billion with the DUP to stay in power but vote against giving public sector workers a 1% pay rise? We obvious have different definitions of shameless.

And re JC and trident, it's been done to death. The Tories and right wing rags tried to use it to discredit Corbyn in the election and it didn't work. But I'm sure the Mail, Express, Sun et al will run with another story attempting to discredit Labour and Corbyn instead of turning on their beloved May.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
You don't think it's shameless to cut a deal worth 1billion with the DUP to stay in power but vote against giving public sector workers a 1% pay rise? We obvious have different definitions of shameless.

And re JC and trident, it's been done to death. The Tories and right wing rags tried to use it to discredit Corbyn in the election and it didn't work. But I'm sure the Mail, Express, Sun et al will run with another story attempting to discredit Labour and Corbyn instead of turning on their beloved May.

Thought the ceiling was 1% and the leftie was pushing to break that. For what it's worth they should get the inflation rate at least.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

Hate to break it to you but it really isn't newsworthy. I doubt there are many people left who are not aware of Corbyn views on nuclear weapons. And most people do not care. It amazes me that the Tories still think this is going to be effective rather than just making them look like dicks. They need to present a coherent positive vision for this government. But they don't seem to have anything to offer (unless you are a rich banker or have money offshore) Just chaos on brexit, a crap deal with the DUP. And continued pay freezes for public sector workers.

Just watching the news and sure enough...it is all about the U turn and Tories voting to keep nurses poor. While public attitudes are moving in the other direction

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

See previous answer it's political positioning/ point scoring. The Tories will lift the pay freeze in the autumn but won't be doing it at the behest of the opposition for obvious political reasons.

Rightly so it's been done to death .. if a Tory leader held a similarlily indefensible position we know Labour would be outraged as would you no doubt.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Hate to break it to you but it really isn't newsworthy. I doubt there are many people left who are not aware of Corbyn views on nuclear weapons. And most people do not care. It amazes me that the Tories still think this is going to be effective rather than just making them look like dicks. They need to present a coherent positive vision for this government. But they don't seem to have anything to offer (unless you are a rich banker or have money offshore) Just chaos on brexit, a crap deal with the DUP. And continued pay freezes for public sector workers.

Just watching the news and sure enough...it is all about the U turn and Tories voting to keep nurses poor. While public attitudes are moving in the other direction

The smears and hysteria on Corbyn do not work. It's amusing it's still getting trotted out though, but as you say they have nothing positive to offer up themselves.

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015
The smears and hysteria on Corbyn do not work. It's amusing it's still getting trotted out though, but as you say they have nothing positive to offer up themselves.

It's been a weird election. I've not heard any Tory voters actually say anything positive about anything the Tories have done. It's all been smears on Corbyn, Abbott and Mcdonnell, but they've not actually given any reason that they want to vote for the Tories other than they're not labour. It's like they view a political party like a football team and you're born into that party and you have to defend it to the hilt no matter what and if what they're doing is shit, you just attack the opposition.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Public sector workers have been held to 1% since 2013, they have done there bit for far too long, and 1 Billion is waved under their noses and snatched away, how can anyone with an ounce of decency not want them to be given more pay, people on 70k should have their tax raised by 1p and 100k by 2p they really would not miss it, as far as I am aware there has been no tax hikes for the rich since austerity began, it is there turn now. i dont get why people would not agree to this, its just fair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here