Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Reading The Metro on the bus to Burgess Hill this morning I read that they are saying that Corbyn was telling one of the organisers of Glastonbury, who is anti nuclear, that he will be PM within 6 months and his priority target will be to shelve Trident.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Reading The Metro on the bus to Burgess Hill this morning I read that they are saying that Corbyn was telling the organisers of Glastonbury that he will be PM within 6 months and his priority target will be to shelve Trident.
Yes, a bit of a gaff, but if he doesn't get it in the manifesto his personnal priority doesn't necessarily get through parliament.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
that is whats being done, DUP are not in government, only offering agreement to support on vote of confidence and the budget.

How can you possibly advocate this grimy little agreement? We all know it's to keep May and her shabby collection of incompetents, charlatans, and buffoons in power.

How to embarrass an entire nation, the true blue Tory way.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Have never voted Tory, never will. My issue here is that people used the democratic vote, and rightly so, to mainly vote Corbyn as a protest and demand for change.

and they got change, most the Conservative manifesto is in the shredder. alot of people seem to be expecting instant change, while not noticing the shift in rhetoric, austerity has ended and there will probably be spending in the budget this autumn.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Reading The Metro on the bus to Burgess Hill this morning I read that they are saying that Corbyn was telling one of the organisers of Glastonbury, who is anti nuclear, that he will be PM within 6 months and his priority target will be to shelve Trident.

The Metro, BG?

Getting something for nothing , you'll be voting Labour next.iAnd probably on a free bus pass as well.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
A confidence and supply agreement - it sounds a bit like the arrangement someone I went to school with apparently had with bouncers in various nightclubs across Sussex, until Sussex police arrested him for drug dealing. That ended in tears as well and I see no reason why this wont.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
and they got change, most the Conservative manifesto is in the shredder. alot of people seem to be expecting instant change, while not noticing the shift in rhetoric, austerity has ended and there will probably be spending in the budget this autumn.

This can't be right, the Tories won the election, didn't they?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
that is whats being done, DUP are not in government, only offering agreement to support on vote of confidence and the budget.

What would have happened if May had said 'no, you are not getting an an extra billion and an increased budget of 10%'?

I bet Thatcher would have said 'no, feck off', she wouldn't have stood for this!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
A confidence and supply agreement - it sounds a bit like the arrangement someone I went to school with apparently had with bouncers in various nightclubs across Sussex, until Sussex police arrested him for drug dealing. That ended in tears as well and I see no reason why this wont.

I'm confident we will supply money by the bucket load.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Metro, BG?

Getting something for nothing , you'll be voting Labour next.

That will never ever happen as I have lived long enough to see the problems they have caused that the Tories have inherited after each term that they were in office, and had to deal with. Even when the failed Tory Tony Blair was in power. PS The Metro was left on the seat by a previous passenger.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
How can you possibly advocate this grimy little agreement?

please look up "advocate" before directing the vitriol my way, i've only corrected you that this is a minority government.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
please look up "advocate" before directing the vitriol my way, i've only corrected you that this is a minority government.

So you don't advocate her grubby little agreement then? Reading your previous posts, I just assumed that you would support anything to avoid the possibility of a Labour Government.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I would think the majority of people would judging by the election results.

Could say the same about the Cons as well, more people voted against them than for them, and if you bunch all the five left of centre parties together, many more people voted for the leftiies

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I heard someone at Glastonbury say they thought May would still be in charge in 6 months. I put it down to the mind bending drugs they take at that festival.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
DDQRFKJXsAItc8a.jpg-large.jpeg

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Oh good, you've managed to spin it, so in your head it's still Labours fault.

Well done

Thanks.

The Tories are certainly to blame for calling the election then running a p*ss poor campaign. But I can't understand your or other Labour voters faux outrage re terrorist links or the impact on the peace process when you want Corbyn/McDonnell running the country. I am sure you would all be on here wailing in anguish if a minority Labour government did a deal with the SNP to say in power .... not.

Ps If you're just revelling in the chaos and discomfort for the government do carry on. The left has been in the doldrums for some time it's understandable you are all getting a bit giddy.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
The Tories are certainly to blame for calling the election then running a p*ss poor campaign. But I can't understand your or other Labour voters faux outrage re terrorist links or the impact on the peace process when you want Corbyn/McDonnell running the country. I am sure you would all be on here wailing in anguish if a minority Labour government did a deal with the SNP to say in power .... not.

The anger is about the hypocrisy. To cut this deal after the smear campaign against Corbyn is staggeringly hypocritical and cynical, even for this government.

Also, did you really just compare the SNP with the political wing of Loyalist terrorism?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here