Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
1.) Fair enough

2.) The vast majority of the Labour parliamentary party passed a vote of no confidence in JC .

3.) What about condemning them on the strength of a person central to building the peace process (unlike Corbyn) even an IRA commander said he was a useful idiot , what further evidence do you need?

4.) As a person who always votes Labour who would you not vote for if they had a red rosette on?

Answer 2, your question was about an unpopular Tory PM ,not Labour.
However, Cornyn was elected twice, by the whole membership of the Labour party, that has traditionally always been more left wing than the plp, therefore, I'm on the side of democracy.

Answer 3 A 30 year old accusation, at the time no one was talking to Sinn Fein, somebody had to start. I really don't know if the SF representative had other axes to grind, I won't condemn Cornyn in the word of a terrorist sympathizer. (See what I did there)
Answer 4, I didn't vote for Blair after Iraq.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What is the liklehood of another election in about 6- 9 months with Boris leading the Tories?

6 months? Not much more likely than it going the full term.

97bbf787507aab70b282dbc3bee604a6.jpg

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
7 years of Tory Government has got us here.

And unless they have a sudden outbreak of competence its going to get worse before it gets better.

I'd agree with you if you said the last 2. The Tory / Lib Dem government was pretty good. Cleggs moderating influence kept the excessive under control and even introduced stuff that could be classed as left. TBH, I'm struggling to think of a better government in my lifetime (genuinely happy to be convinced otherwise)

The true colours have come out since the last election though. I hate to think where we'd be if Maybot had her mandate.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Answer 2, your question was about an unpopular Tory PM ,not Labour.
However, Cornyn was elected twice, by the whole membership of the Labour party, that has traditionally always been more left wing than the pop, therefore, I'm on the side of democracy.

Answer 3 A 30 year old accusation, at the time no one was talking to Sinn Fein, somebody had to start. I really don't know if the SF representative had other axes to grind, I won't condemn Cornyn in the word of a terrorist sympathizer. (See what I did there)
Answer 4, I didn't vote for Blair after Iraq.

2.) I was highlighting the hypocricy of the left , easily done I know.

3.) See Seamus Mallon a real architect of peace (non-terrorist sympathiser).

4.) The most popular/successful Labour leader in history but I appreciate the reasons why you didn't.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I'd agree with you if you said the last 2. The Tory / Lib Dem government was pretty good. Cleggs moderating influence kept the excessive under control and even introduced stuff that could be classed as left. TBH, I'm struggling to think of a better government in my lifetime (genuinely happy to be convinced otherwise)

The true colours have come out since the last election though. I hate to think where we'd be if Maybot had her mandate.

The first Blair administration, massive investment in the NHS, large growth,minimum wage introduced, very low interest rates, and, the Good Friday Agreement

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The first Blair administration, massive investment in the NHS, large growth,minimum wage introduced, very low interest rates, and, the Good Friday Agreement

I voted for that. Fly in the ointment was tuition fee introduction which Labour now want to get rid of. Low interest rate was 2nd term (I think) and then we get into the Iraq war.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Fair enough, we have different value judgements on that Parliament but **** me the loonies have taken over the asylym since the ld's departed for sure.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
2.) I was highlighting the hypocricy of the left , easily done I know.

3.) See Seamus Mallon a real architect of peace (non-terrorist sympathiser).

4.) The most popular/successful Labour leader in history but I appreciate the reasons why you didn't.

I don't get how q2 is about left wing hypocrisy, if the whole of the party electorate voted for Cornyn, and only the PLP, voted against him, how is it hypocritical for him to carry on as leader? He has a bigger mandate than any other party member.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

Although Bank of England controlling interest rate was one of the first things Blair did. That won't go back to government anytime soon.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I voted for that. Fly in the ointment was tuition fee introduction which Labour now want to get rid of. Low interest rate was 2nd term (I think) and then we get into the Iraq war.

I didn't say it was perfect, just a lot better than I can remember before and definitely afterwards

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
And Boris is more of the same.

Lies, evasion, smears, with the added bonus that he's a Bullingdon boy. Labour would relish another campaign like that.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
May not obviously great, but the Tories have had some shocking leaders since Thatcher.

It should be a walk in the park for them. Roll on up run the country like a business. In good times the coffee machines grind their own beans, in bad times you get a sachet of Nescafe.

Unfortunately they are still infested with extreme nutjobs who can't see beyond their own experiences and lifestyles.

The Tories need a Blair type middle ground leader, one who challenges thinking by for example putting employee representation on company boards. That speaks to the lesser paid with little power and also challenges the Unions.

Unfortunately the one who thought that didn't mention it again and thought wasting Parliamentary time with fox-hunting would give her a stronger Brexit negotiating position.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I don't get how q2 is about left wing hypocrisy, if the whole of the party electorate voted for Cornyn, and only the PLP, voted against him, how is it hypocritical for him to carry on as leader? He has a bigger mandate than any other party member.

If a huge majority of the Tory Parliamentary party passed a vote of no confidence in T May (choice of the members) tomorrow would you ..

A Think she should resign

B Think she should resign

or .. C Think she should resign

?

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
A new general election looms.

May won't get a vote of confidence for the DUP deal. Corbyn will rightly challenge Tories on the moral compass and core beliefs and play on the NI peace process.

Corbyn will try and get a minority gov through commons but with Lib Dems smelling blood, and the possibility of this daft DUP deal damaging Tories Vote share, Lid Dem could feel they could make gains too and some if not all could reject this speech too.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If a huge majority of the Tory Parliamentary party passed a vote of no confidence in T May (choice of the members) tomorrow would you ..

A Think she should resign

B Think she should resign

or .. C Think she should resign

?

But May isn't the choice of the Tory party membership, she had no others rivals for the job, the mas membership of the party don't get the final vote for a leader, in Labour , they do, therefore, if only the PLP could get rid of Cornyn, it wouldn't be democratic.

Anyway, I think the Tories should support TM, and back her to the hilt, because with her as leader, Labour are a shoo in next time round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here