Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Anyone who thinks a result that mirrors the exit poll is a positive for our position in Brexit negotiations really is very stupid indeed.

If it is, the democratic will of the British people must be respected etc though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's simply no way that hotch-potch of parties will be able to agree on anything of any significance. And, as the lefties have been very keen on repeatedly telling us, we've got next to no time remaining for these most complex of negotiations.

It will be management by committee of the worst kind, with the added complication of the SNP and the Lib Dems who don't want to play the same game as the others from the off.

deena_gold

Banned
Jun 5, 2017
wow doesn't dimbleby look old - i haven't seen these characters for near on a decade since i left the UK to live the dream in Thailand, poor fella looks on his last legs, glad I didn't grow old with that lot, lols

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I am struggling to understand who would get the job of negotiating, let alone what their mandate would be. So I agree.

Exactly. It will be like watching my 7-y-o and his mates arguing about who gets the biggest water pistol in the garden on a sunny day. But slightly more important than that.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
There's simply no way that hotch-potch of parties will be able to agree on anything of any significance. And, as the lefties have been very keen on repeatedly telling us, we've got next to no time left for these most complex of negotiations.

It will be management by committee of the worst kind, with the added complication of the SNP and the Lib Dems who don't want to play the same game as the others from the off.

I heard a chap from the EU recently say that we could have a couple week delay to begin negotiating.
Something that was swept under the rug by the Tories in their attempt to suggest it would be a disaster not to vote for their 'Strong & Stable' government.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
wow doesn't dimbleby look old - i haven't seen these characters for near on a decade since i left the UK to live the dream in Thailand, poor fella looks on his last legs, glad I didn't grow old with that lot, lols

Wait until you see him at 6.00 in the morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Anyone who thinks a result that mirrors the exit poll is a positive for our position in Brexit negotiations really is very stupid indeed.

Get off your high horse. If Davis, Fox, Gove et al are removed from the negotiation-firing-line, and negotiations are less confrontational, this can only be a positive.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am struggling to understand who would get the job of negotiating, let alone what their mandate would be. So I agree.

I'd hope a cross party discussion, and agreement, on what's wanted followed by handing over to a suitable minister to negotiate. Personally I don't feel it needs to be the PM or even an MP who does the actual negotiating

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not that anyone believes exit polls anymore, but if it is somewhere close, may has ****ed up here majorly!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Exactly. It will be like watching my 7-y-o and his mates arguing about who gets the biggest water pistol in the garden on a sunny day. But slightly more important than that.

At least Paul Dacre would be out of the loop though.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Likely disaster for Britain tonight regardless which way you voted last summer.

Has anyone spoken to the Hoff and asked 'what would you do?'

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Let me guess, May will resign in the morning because she doesn't feel she has enough support to enter Brexit negotiations.

Think they've already written that front page! Being signed off for printing right now probably

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here