Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

I would personally be very happy to see Brexit blocked, so not all right leaning folk will fall for that one. JC and McRebel will be praying for more bad news in the UK, economic, terrorism, more strikes and a very long hot summer. Then watch the eighties be re-enacted around major UK cities but this time the Tories will not survive.

A new labour government spending like no tomorrow, the UK isolated because of Brexit, it really is looking like a perfect storm.:facepalm:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I would personally be very happy to see Brexit blocked, so not all right leaning folk will fall for that one. JC and McRebel will be praying for more bad news in the UK, economic, terrorism, more strikes and a very long hot summer. Then watch the eighties be re-enacted around major UK cities but this time the Tories will not survive.

A new labour government spending like no tomorrow, the UK isolated because of Brexit, it really is looking like a perfect storm.:facepalm:

Don't underestimate the power of Conservative party to adapt; they don't do hari kari as drastically as Labour. They know they have no wiggle room - election invites defeat; Brexit is constrained by those (Labour, Business, Hammond to mention three) who wish a different flavour. Boundary changes are due before next scheduled election, which hits Labour harder than Conservatives (about 20 seats each so relatively more harmful to Labour). They will also know that JC is not getting any younger - he will be 72 in 2022, old for someone leading a country. Far be it for me to ageist but likely to be a factor.

I think this situation could go on for some time.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Don't underestimate the power of Conservative party to adapt; they don't do hari kari as drastically as Labour. They know they have no wiggle room - election invites defeat; Brexit is constrained by those (Labour, Business, Hammond to mention three) who wish a different flavour. Boundary changes are due before next scheduled election, which hits Labour harder than Conservatives (about 20 seats each so relatively more harmful to Labour). They will also know that JC is not getting any younger - he will be 72 in 2022, old for someone leading a country. Far be it for me to ageist but likely to be a factor.

I think this situation could go on for some time.

Can they though? Labour just need to hedge their bets overs Brexit and then look to pick up the pieces from the Tories mess. Corbyn may be 72 in 2022 if the election actually occurs that far away, but Sir Vince Cable, if he's Lib Dem leader, will be 79 and if they can rebuild and gain support over the next few years, they'll surely pick up votes too at the next election from the centre ground. Every way I look at it, The Tories are toast next time, whenever that is.

The boundary changes don't make that much of a significant difference to the overall result - I saw a projection of this election based on them - apart from one area - Northern Ireland. Sinn Fein would be the largest party there.

Interesting times. The fear and loathing of Corbyn and friends, particularly from the right-wingers, particularly the Brexit voting right-wingers is amusing to see.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sounds like the Tories and DUP are close to their confidence and supply arrangement at last, and it's been reflected in Betfair's "Prime Minister After Election" market this morning, with May's odds tumbling back down to 1.06/1.07.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste, I've been around for a long, long year, Stole many a man's soul to waste.......................

64cace2c-be6e-45b9-b2ef-f5f64a714d2b.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Great to see two parties agree to work together for the good of the nation.

Hopefully the opposition will now get on with the job of being a strong opposition, in sharp contrast to the bickering infighting mess they were last time round.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Theresa May was right, she said if you don't vote for me you'll get a coalition of chaos with terrorist sympathisers and we didn't vote for her and this is what the country has got now

Maybe if you and your sorts hadn't stuck the knife into the back of Comrade Corbyn, Labour would have had a chance of seeing off the shambolic Tories.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Great to see two parties agree to work together for the good of the nation.

Hopefully the opposition will now get on with the job of being a strong opposition, in sharp contrast to the bickering infighting mess they were last time round.

Not sure I can agree with paying off a minority party with just 293k votes having such influence is for the good of the nation but there you go.

Agree with you otherwise, and what we have now is the very definition of strong opposition. Expanding grammar schools dropped, cuts to free school meals dropped, heat allowance cuts dropped, fox hunting repeal dropped. Democracy in action.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Can they though? Labour just need to hedge their bets overs Brexit and then look to pick up the pieces from the Tories mess. Corbyn may be 72 in 2022 if the election actually occurs that far away, but Sir Vince Cable, if he's Lib Dem leader, will be 79 and if they can rebuild and gain support over the next few years, they'll surely pick up votes too at the next election from the centre ground. Every way I look at it, The Tories are toast next time, whenever that is.

The boundary changes don't make that much of a significant difference to the overall result - I saw a projection of this election based on them - apart from one area - Northern Ireland. Sinn Fein would be the largest party there.

Interesting times. The fear and loathing of Corbyn and friends, particularly from the right-wingers, particularly the Brexit voting right-wingers is amusing to see.

Corbyn , McDonnell, Abbott and co. in charge of the country?
That should be enough to put the fear up anyone in the country with moderate views, left or right of centre.
I voted remain and consider myself a moderate conservative.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Does Northern Ireland get the money no matter what as part of this coalition of chaos, or do the crackpots from The DUP have to form a power sharing executive with their fellow crackpots from Sinn Fein?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Does Northern Ireland get the money no matter what as part of this coalition of chaos, or do the crackpots from The DUP have to form a power sharing executive with their fellow crackpots from Sinn Fein?

Apparently this dosh has nothing to do with a power-sharing deal: it could well be that the British government will be in charge of it, as an agreement looks even more remote now

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

The Jocks and Taffs kicking off as they feel they should get similar as should the English too, Tories will be back to being wiped out in Scotland unless Davidson breaks away from the mainstream Tories and then the majority goes with them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here