Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The anger is about the hypocrisy. To cut this deal after the smear campaign against Corbyn is staggeringly hypocritical and cynical, even for this government.

Also, did you really just compare the SNP with the political wing of Loyalist terrorism?

It's possible they view trying to do a deal in 2017 with the DUP, the democratic representatives of the majority of Unionists in NI (like other parties [Labour] have tried to do in the past) isn't quite the same thing as associating/commemorating/sympathising with terrorists during the height of their terror campaigns. One mans smear is another mans truth.

Which party is the bigger threat to the ongoing unity of the UK?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It's possible they view trying to do a deal in 2017 with the DUP, the democratic representatives of the majority of Unionists in NI (like other parties [Labour] have tried to do in the past) isn't quite the same thing as associating/commemorating/sympathising with terrorists during the height of their terror campaigns. One mans smear is another mans truth.

Which party is the bigger threat to the ongoing unity of the UK?

Mind you £1bn goes a long way to keeping the union in place.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Reminds me of a Cappuccino Kid record sleeve quote from a Style Council single by part-time leftie Weller in the 80s......if you choose to take a p1ss in the swimming pool, don't moan if you subsequently swallow some rancid water.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Thanks.

The Tories are certainly to blame for calling the election then running a p*ss poor campaign. But I can't understand your or other Labour voters faux outrage re terrorist links or the impact on the peace process when you want Corbels yn/McDonnell running the country. I am sure you would all be on here wailing in anguish if a minority Labour government did a deal with the SNP to say in power .... not.

Ps If you're just revelling in the chaos and discomfort for the government do carry on. The left has been in the doldrums for some time it's understandable you are all getting a bit giddy.

I'll start with theP.S. The Tories haven't had a 30+ seat majority for over 30 years now, they had two open goals, 2010, against the backdrop of the global financial meltdown, then 2017, where they started an ill fated election campaign with a 20 point lead, and al opposition leader deemed as unelectable by most commentators and other politicos . They failed to achieve a majority in either case, and you say Labour are in the doldrums.
I'm personally more outraged by your hypocrisy, when you castigate me personally as a supporter of a man who supports terrorism, and then, when May cynically agrees a deal with the DUP, who are known for their support of the UDA and through the the UFF, with more than 400 deaths attributed to them, you still try to pass the buck,and compare this bunch of bigots, homophobes,and terrorist fellow travellers, to the SNP.

Words fail me.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'll start with theP.S. The Tories haven't had a 30+ seat majority for over 30 years now, they had two open goals, 2010, against the backdrop of the global financial meltdown, then 2017, where they started an ill fated election campaign with a 20 point lead, and al opposition leader deemed as unelectable by most commentators and other politicos . They failed to achieve a majority in either case, and you say Labour are in the doldrums.
I'm personally more outraged by your hypocrisy, when you castigate me personally as a supporter of a man who supports terrorism, and then, when May cynically agrees a deal with the DUP, who are known for their support of the UDA and through the the UFF, with more than 400 deaths attributed to them, you still try to pass the buck,and compare this bunch of bigots, homophobes,and terrorist fellow travellers, to the SNP.

Words fail me.

You were expecting reasoned debate? :laugh:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So it seems there is a Magic Money Tree after all ? Mrs May was incredibly prescient when she told the nurse on Question Time " We have had to make some difficult decisions...."

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Words fail me.

1.) 2010 wasn't an 'open goal', the Tories (as I am sure you would agree) are the party of big business, bankers, fans of reduced financial regulation. PS I didn't vote for them, you should try not voting for one side come what may it's very liberating.

2.) Did you miss the bit where I blamed the Tories for calling this election and messing up the campaign?

3.) I don't believe you are outraged. I think deep down you know Corbyn/McDonnell and their fellow travellers are poison for this country but your hatred for the Tories has clouded your judgement. Why do 400 deaths matter more than 1800 civilians and UK armed forces service personnel killed by the IRA?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
1.) 2010 wasn't an 'open goal', the Tories (as I am sure you would agree) are the party of big business, bankers, fans of reduced financial regulation. PS I didn't vote for them, you should try not voting for one side come what may it's very liberating.

2.) Did you miss the bit where I blamed the Tories for calling this election and messing up the campaign?

3.) I don't believe you are outraged. I think deep down you know Corbyn/McDonnell and their fellow travellers are poison for this country but your hatred for the Tories has clouded your judgement. Why do 400 deaths matter more than 1800 civilians and UK armed forces service personnel killed by the IRA?

You may not believe he is outraged but your failure to address the allegation that you are a hypocrite rather stands out old chap. Just sayin.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You may not believe he is outraged but your failure to address the allegation that you are a hypocrite rather stands out old chap. Just sayin.

I have already said (in another thread) that I do not support Tories jumping into bed with the DUP which he knows. I come a very distant last place in the hypocrisy league when compared to the Corbyn/McDonnell fans.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I have already said (in another thread) that I do not support Tories jumping into bed with the DUP which he knows. I come a very distant last place in the hypocrisy league when compared to the Corbyn/McDonnell fans.

So how does their decision to cosy up to the DUP (and their associations etc.) impact on your support for the Tories?
Genuinely interested.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
A fair point indeed, so what do you suggest the Tories should have done then?

Continue as a minority government. DUP hate Corbyn so would not vote against the Tories for fear of putting him in power via another election.
If paying £1billion for the support of a party that would have supported her anyway is the extent of her negotiating skills I hate to think what will happening when she negotiates Brexit!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Don't try and patronise me, you have no idea what I believe and what i don't. Your hypocrisy stinks, where in any of my posts have i said the 400 deaths attributable to the Protestant terrorists, are more important than the 1800, attributed to the IRA/INLA.
I believe I said in another post that i personally condemn ALL acts of violence, whoever the perpetrators.
I have voted for the Lib Dems more than Labour in my life, as I live in a very strong constituency for the Tories, and I had the forlorn hope that mine was a tactical vote. Since Corbyn has become party leader, I have actually seen a leader that I can give my vote to, and more than that, I've joined the Labour party.

As for the Cons not having an open goal in 2010, do you remember the vitriol poured onto Brown and Labour by the media, it was only
another awful campaign fought by the Tories, that saved Labour from becoming a rump party.

In repky to your post, will you condemn the grubby deal May has cobbled together with those well known bigots, the DUP, or are you quite happy to see our government in hock to this bunch of lowlifes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here