Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
yet the point was specifically about McDonnell and his call to use protest to force out the elected government. saying "dont give a toss about McDonnell" when he is the subject of debate is just evasion. you could simply condem his call, but i get it you do support this cause, dont dress it up as democracy when its trying to circumvent the election we just had.

Genuine question - do you know what his exact words were?
I have seen various versions, but they all refer to him calling for unions etc to urge people onto the street to protest (peacefully) to:

- 'put pressure on the PM'
- demand that the PM steps aside
- 'force a new election'

All of which talk to using protest to create pressure on a government that many regard as weak, ineffectual, incompetent and in hock to the DUP. Which seems fair. i would imagine there will be some specific demands created around the protest - on austerity, Brexit, deal with DUP and potentially housing (but inevitably every fringe issue will get shouted about as that's how these things work).

But so far I have ssen nothing about 'forcing out the elected government' or 'revolution' (although that seems to be the interpretation in the comments section of the Telegraph - as far as i could anyway tell as i don't speak 'hurrumph')

Anyway. Who needs a million protestors when you've got Osborne in charge of the Standard. What an absolute hatchet job!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Genuine question - do you know what his exact words were?
I have seen various versions, but they all refer to him calling for unions etc to urge people onto the street to protest (peacefully) to:

- 'put pressure on the PM'
- demand that the PM steps aside
- 'force a new election'

the last two are tantamount to the same thing. i dont recall those word explicitly used, when i looked up what he said, it was along the lines you say, "make way for another government" or similar was another. to demand change of government by force, outside of the ballot box is revolution. it may seem overly strong language, but then the language from McDonnell is strong, and he does believe in social revolution as a legitimate means of change. its not without reason that most the PLP dislike and distrust Corbyn and McDonnell, we have long tradition in this country of the moderate left resisting the far left.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Insurrection:

NOUN

A violent uprising against an authority or government.

He wants to "bring down this government down by whatever mechanisms we possibly can" .. doesn't sound peaceful to me.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Jeremy Corbyn: Teen workers should get £10 an hour

Jeremy Corbyn has said that 16-year-old workers should be paid at least £10 an hour, as he addressed the Unison conference in Brighton.
The Labour manifesto included a pledge to raise the minimum wage to the level of the Living Wage - now paid to those aged 25 or over - for 18-24 year olds.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40383699

That money tree is beginning to creak.

as-graphic-moneytree.jpg

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Is Jeremy Corbyn on drugs?

Yesterday I heard him stating that Theresa May has no mandate. Presumably that means that someone with fewer votes and fewer seats has even less of a mandate.

Maybe he was just highlighting that for anyone who may have missed it. Unlucky Jezza. Better luck next time.

Agreed, I love listening to these crusty old lefties that think they do have a mandate! More people in this country voted for a Conservative government than a Labour one!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Agreed, I love listening to these crusty old lefties that think they do have a mandate! More people in this country voted for a Conservative government than a Labour one!

Obviously the election result was a crushing defeat for the Labour party and a monumental victory for the government of the day, who just about survived as the government of the day with a little help from their dubious friends who still haven't made up their minds.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Fot a bit of light relief i recommend tonights edition of Dead Ringers on Radio four (repeated at 12.30 tomorrow and on catch up)...takes the piss nicely out of May and then Corbyn...sends Dianne A and Boris up nicely

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Obviously the election result was a crushing defeat for the Labour party and a monumental victory for the government of the day, who just about survived as the government of the day with a little help from their dubious friends who still haven't made up their minds.

No it wasn't a monumental victory and it certainly wasn't a crushing defeat for the Labour Party, I never said that, but for the Labour Party to be running around the country celebrating and trying to convince people that they are a viable alternative government with some sort of mandate is quite frankly laughable at the very least and sinister at the very worse.

Mate of mine who works at the Brighton Centre said there were a few who were shouting down Corbyn yesterday and many of his supporters became quite vicious towards them with threats of violence!!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The last time I looked to WIN an election you needed to win enough seats to get a majority, how many voted or how many seats you won below the required amount matters not one jot.
To claim it is, is a party struggling with going backwards and clinging on to power.
Whilst The Tories went backwards and still can't connect, Labour went forward and rather than letting it all go quiet after the election Corbyn is keeping the momentum going, hoping to gain more popularity because he knows full well that with this very precarious situation we are in, anything could happen in the near future.
You can't blame him for keeping going.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
So many 'Weasel Words' from the Corbyn/McDonnell supporters on NSC.
I really cannot imagine those two running the country along with the likes of McCluskey.
God help us all and especially the deluded younger voters who believe Corbyn is the Messiah.They would soon be sadly disappointed.
I am of the opinion that those two would love to see a summer of riots and mob behaviour, for their own ends.
Now McDonnell is bandying around accusations of murder about the Grenfell fire.Dreadful comments that were disowned by The Shadow Health Secretary on telly, this morning.
NSC lefties, if you truly want Marxists like Corbyn and McDonnell running the country, at least have the courage to come out and say so, and don't hide behind your weasely comments.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So many 'Weasel Words' from the Corbyn/McDonnell supporters on NSC.
I really cannot imagine those two running the country along with the likes of McCluskey.
God help us all and especially the deluded younger voters who believe Corbyn is the Messiah.They would soon be sadly disappointed.
I am of the opinion that those two would love to see a summer of riots and mob behaviour, for their own ends.
Now McDonnell is bandying around accusations of murder about the Grenfell fire.Dreadful comments that were disowned by The Shadow Health Secretary on telly, this morning.
NSC lefties, if you truly want Marxists like Corbyn and McDonnell running the country, at least have the courage to come out and say so, and don't hide behind your weasely comments.

Yes.

D

Deleted member 22389

I thought Blair was bad, but bloody hell Corbyn and his crew are even worse. Hopefully they will never get the chance to govern this country, it would be a disaster.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Now McDonnell is bandying around accusations of murder about the Grenfell fire.

This is exactly what Corbyn and co are aiming for. Exacerbate the divide between the young/those that believe that they are disenfranchised, and the establishment. They want to see riots on the streets and will do all that they can to make their followers confront those in authority. Good luck GB, I can only see one ending.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here