Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I thought some of the other questions were just jokes. So if a genuine point is that they don't understand social media, then employ a company that does to help. It's not rocket science.
But they don't have users to share content. You can't just magic them up (unless you are Putin.)

They've just wasted 1.2m on a company that gave them advice that anyone who has used facebook adverts could have given them.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
What would happen if they did - Corbyn would have a chance to lead, and if that didn't work we'd have another election. Is that what the Tory remainers want? I don't think so.
Possibly. Corbyn cannot form a government - he just has to claim he wants to in order to pile more pressure on. Given the Tories with a new leader would probably fancy their chances more second time round, it might suit them to have another election. Risky though given Labour's current trajectory.

All that said, being in Government for the next year or two must rank as the most poisonous of chalices so a longer term strategy would be to avoid power during such tricky times and be the bright new hope c2019

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Boris. Just maybe.
Look at went well for Corbyn and McDonell in this election. No smears, 'honest politics.'

Boris is a compulsive liar who can't help personal attacks. A 6 week election campaign would expose him the same way it did to May

Ruth Davidson maybe. But you have to get a lot sorted quickly for that and it is a massive punt. We know what the Tory record with those is of late.

Maybe Stephen Crabb could do a job.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But they don't have users to share content. You can't just magic them up (unless you are Putin.)
Yes true. Sorry, I was being lazy and tried to get away with not going back and reading your questions :blush:

I think the answer is that they need to stop being the nasty party.

If social media is going to dictate our future governments, we could end up with (and this isn't actually aimed at Corbyn, but the principle of social media choosing the government) a government that will spend spend spend with no thought to how to pay for it all.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Look at went well for Corbyn and McDonell in this election. No smears, 'honest politics.'

Boris is a compulsive liar who can't help personal attacks. A 6 week election campaign would expose him the same way it did to May

If you believe that about the Labour campaign, you believe anything. :nono:

Londoners seemed to like Boris enough to vote for him as Mayor - twice.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
If you believe that about the Labour campaign, you believe anything. :nono:

Londoners seemed to like Boris enough to vote for him as Mayor - twice.
What level of interaction do you have with people between the age of 18 and 30 that aren't members of your inmediate family?

If you really believe the bribe line, it is you in denial. Of course it had an impact but the Tories could offer more and they wouldn't be trusted. You have a deficit of integrity with young people that I can't see how you get over in the short or medium term.

It would be alright if you had a working majority of say mid-teens as you'd have time to work it out. You don't have that luxury.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Yes true. Sorry, I was being lazy and tried to get away with not going back and reading your questions :blush:

If social media is going to dictate our future governments, we could end up with (and this isn't actually aimed at Corbyn, but the principle of social media choosing the government) a government that will spend spend spend with no thought to how to pay for it all.
Agree on the nasty party line.

I agree that Cameron would have won this election pretty easily as some have said. However, I don't think he'd win the next election now.

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015
People were complaining that this election was just a waste of £100 Million of public money, but to be honest, I think for the entertainment of watching the Tory party rip themselves apart, £100 Million is a small price to pay.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Or (on the social media question) the Conventional Tory Press needs to stop being so ridiculous and theatrical. Or a new Tory Press needs to emerge. Maybe both.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
What a shambles, on the plus side just making it even more likely we'll get labour across the line next time around. I wonder what next weeks polls will be saying, first PM ever not to get any kind of honeymoon period?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here