Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Oh, i dunno, there's some pretty stiff competition!

I so agree that there is always competition, but whether it be Brexit, Jeremy Corbyn, his beloved Germany, or the constant...and I mean constant criticism of the UK, Herr Tubthumper has no rivals worthy of being the most obnoxious poster on this forum.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
During debates, you're generally trying to persuade people to your point of view. Politics or anything else. If you insult people, they are far less likely to want to listen to what you have to say. Winning people over to anything. Even if you don't agree with people, you should try and see things from their perspective. I think it's part of the reason why we voted to leave the EU, for example. Many of the arguments from the remain side were simply to call the those who wanted to leave racists, bigots, etc. In reality, remainers, including politicians, not taking seriously the valid concerns about what the EU was doing to our country contributed to us deciding to leave.

I'm not trying to persuade anyone to vote Conservative. If I'm not myself, why would I try and persuade others to do so (if that's what you believe my aim to be)?

[MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] was the one flinging insults, labelling anyone who may vote Tory as 'selfish'. It's just part of what has been going on for years now: intellectually superior (or so they think) left wingers sneering at anyone who might vote Tory. "Nobody like a Tory" right? They want to trash the schools, sell-off the NHS, kill old people and eat babies. They spew this shit out at every available opportunity.

I limit myself to a 5 minute scan of Facebook once a day and it's bloody full of it. Never more so than now, of course.

These super-humans who stroll around the left of out political spectrum seem to care not a jot that they have friends, colleagues and family who do vote Tory. Do these millions of Britons living amongst us want shit schools, a shit health service, poor people to suffer, old people to die and babies to be eaten? Of course they ****ing don't. But it doesn't stop left wing ***** trying to make them feel like a child of Satan for daring to think that might be another way of achieving the same thing.

And that's why there's shy Tories.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I'm not trying to persuade anyone to vote Conservative. If I'm not myself, why would I try and persuade others to do so (if that's what you believe my aim to be)?

[MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] was the one flinging insults, labelling anyone who may vote Tory as 'selfish'. It's just part of what has been going on for years now: intellectually superior (or so they think) left wingers sneering at anyone who might vote Tory. "Nobody like a Tory" right? They want to trash the schools, sell-off the NHS, kill old people and eat babies. They spew this shit out at every available opportunity.

I limit myself to a 5 minute scan of Facebook once a day and it's bloody full of it. Never more so than now, of course.

These super-humans who stroll around the left of out political spectrum seem to care not a jot that they have friends, colleagues and family who do vote Tory. Do these millions of Britons living amongst us want shit schools, a shit health service, poor people to suffer, old people to die and babies to be eaten? Of course they ****ing don't. But it doesn't stop left wing ***** trying to make them feel like a child of Satan for daring to think that might be another way of achieving the same thing.

And that's why there's shy Tories.

Bozza, you have misunderstood me. I actually sort of agreed with what you were saying, and that's what my response was in relation to. I view calling people selfish because they have a different point of view to you as how to achieve the best outcome for everyone in society (which I'm sure most people want) as insulting. I drew parallels with the EU referendum. Reading it back, I can see how you thought that was a dig at you, but it wasn't. I agree with much of this post.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I suppose it's time for this thread to return to its main subject rather than the most obnoxious poster on this forum known as Herr Tubthumper.

I must however remind readers of NSC that the obnoxious Herr Tubthumper has so far proved a continual loser on major issues ........sadly in my view on Brexit too. I knew the minute the obnoxious Herr Tubthumper went down his usual route of trying to belittle opponents of remaining in Europe that our cause was lost. He has absolutely no ability to engage opponents in a civil and persuasive manner.

The word I,m searching for to describe him is' obnoxious', which I may have mentioned once or twice.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
[tweet]870032163084926976[/tweet]

I note they didn't report bias after BBC's coverage yesterday. How convenient.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
A lot of it is from the proposed funding changes. The Education Policy Institute (EPI) research, published on Friday, says that inflationary pressures, a reduction in local authority funding and the £3bn of savings forced on schools by 2019-20 will leave even those schools supposed to benefit under the new formula worse off. It looks like all schools in England are likely to face real-term cuts to funding by 2019-20, with around half seeing a reduction per pupil of 6% to 11%.

the thing is it doesnt add up. next years budget increase (below inflation) then again in 2020 it catches up (ish, if inflation is ~2.3-2.5%), so there's no where for a reduction of 6-11% to come from, unless they are shifting spend somewhere. mind you 3bn of local authority savings isnt show in the budget projections im looking at, so i'll look out for the report.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here