Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

larus

While not wishing to speak for others - You must remember that for weeks we've been told what a disaster Corbyn was, we had to read the Mail and Sun and their outrageous coverage of him and his cabinet. We had to sit through the most negative campaign I've ever seen by the Tories and their supporters entirely based on denigrating Corbyn et al. So I think you have to understand why there's going to be a bit (a lot) of this. There's a lot of people on here and beyond with a LOT of egg on their face.

This may not be a victory in the factual sense but it clucking feels like one, maybe coming back from 3 down with 10 to go....

Sorry, but I disagree. Labour have managed to get the young vote out by promises of give-aways like abolishing student fees (which, BTW, I don't think are fair at the current level but there is some merit to having some level of fee). However, the vitriol towards conservatives in general is disgusting. The personal attacks - accusing conservative voters of being selfish etc. c*nts as from that tweet last night, the nasty party etc, etc.

I spoke to a lady at work and she said her family have always been Labour voters (she used to be but not now), and she said that per parents could not bring themselves to vote conservative, but wouldn't vote for Corbyn.

As to the analogy of being 3 down with 10 minutes to go, your team hasn't drawn the game, you've just got a couple of consolation goals :lol:

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Before I get abuse can I say I didn't vote for either of the main parties.
Look I understand why May is getting grief and rightly so but why is Corbyn being so lauded since the bottom line is he increased his vote but still did not win and thats the objective. Chances are we limp along with this government propped up by others until later in the year.
And why are people saying it's wrong for May to govern when she doesn't have a mandate and yet labour says it would ok for them to do so when they have less seats and percentage of vote.
Answer please with no abuse.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The massive swing to oust Kirby in Kemptown, along with big majorities for Kyle in Hove and the excellent Dr Lucas in Pavilion means our city is finally free of any shred of unwelcome Tory rule.

Can't tell you how proud it makes me.

We're a PREMIER LEAGUE city with progressive governance.

We fought the bad guys and we won.

Well done everyone

As someone who's Grandfather died of cancer and who's father has fought cancer, I can without a shadow of a doubt call you an utter dick ..... and I voted Labour. Grow up you tw@t.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Says the guy who was still taking the piss out of Diane Abbot last night. I've got a kettle to introduce you to.

I said Abbot must have touched Thornberry and said "you are it" when Thornberry gave that bonkers interview.
Stop being a wet blanket

D

Deleted member 2719

The massive swing to oust Kirby in Kemptown, along with big majorities for Kyle in Hove and the excellent Dr Lucas in Pavilion means our city is finally free of any shred of unwelcome Tory rule.

Can't tell you how proud it makes me.

We're a PREMIER LEAGUE city with progressive governance.

We fought the bad guys and we won.

Well done everyone

You sir, are typical of the hatred that the far left have within, there is a line and you have crossed it.
:nono::nono:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep, lots of pretty nasty stuff flying around, more from the left than the right on my feeds it seems. I've kept out of giving opinions on all political discussions on social media in the run up, and not going to start now. It was the same over Brexit.

Not healthy to read the hatred, even from mates of mates. A more balanced and happier world to cut those ties. Too many internet dicks typing away, their hatred towards figures with opposing views way out of all proportion to the reality, when you think there are people living here who truly hate and want to bomb us.

Other than NSC, I blank those haters out.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The thing that is coming across to me is firstly that Jezza and Labour are celebtrating defeat like a victory, yet at he same time the negative culture on some media is awful. Not worried about their own party, people seem more concerned about the fate of their opponents.

Aside from the pound being fecked due to uncertainty and a Brexit that will cost a lot more, what has changed?

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Well until all parties grow up, introduce proportional representation and learn to govern with a coalition government and parliament that reflects the votes cast, there is no way we will have a strong and stable government.

(Or we can go on blaming the other lot - that's worked brilliantly up to now :facepalm:)
I've said this before on this site; although we appear to be in a two-party state the reality is that those 2 parties are effectively very broad coalitions of convenience largely held together by the mechanics of first-past-the-post and negative factors - ie more dislike of the other lot than anyone in their own coalition. That's why we get so many intra-party conflicts and random shifting along the spectrum as the momentum of different factions changes over time.
If we move to PR (not gonna happen btw) then the big two will have to split into the 4 or 5 parties that they really are over time...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here