Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Normally an election animal awake till the decisive moment. Not this time, watch it till I fall asleep, wake up, see the difference, and just wonder what it has done to the exchange rate. Good luck GB!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How could it be ANYTHING but BBC1? Truly?

Not only is it simply the best coverage, but you get Jeremy Vine with his big floor map and 'virtual' House of Commons plus Emily Maitlis frantically swiping her interactive smartboard which is oddly erotic for some reason.

I genuinely didn't know it was covered on any other channel. If I couldn't get BBC1 I'd listen on Radio 4.

....is the correct answer.

I didn't even bother covering where to watch it as it has to be the BBC.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Kemp Town is far too close to call.

Bearing in mind much UKIP's 2015 vote came from disaffected Labour and Tory voters, it's not easy to determine where their vote will go - if anywhere. Assuming the same number of people vote as last time, we can fairly safely say almost all Green voters from 2015 will vote Labour. I'd suggest Kirby needs to pick up that UKIP vote in order to return to Westminster - and that's far from guaranteed, especially as he voted Remain.

The incumbent often has the advantage, but this time around Labour has been working hard in Kemptown in ways that they didn't in 2015, where Nancy Platts was let down.

Yes, Labour spent far too much time in the last GE canvassing in Pavilion which they were never going to win and, in comparison to Kemptown, didn't need to win.

Edit: just seen your post (57); it seems we agree

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I used to do an all-nighter at every election but I went on holiday for the referendum and am doing the same for this election. Have fun, see you on the other side. I'll keep tabs on my phone but go to bed and wake up at the usual times.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Not really......???
Vote for some bloke who believes the IRA are in some twisted way justified in murdering British citizens and soldiers!
Or vote for some woman that has become so very "Meh"...(whilst shrugging shoulders)!!!

It's very simple.....anyone who attended political rallies in sympathy of the IRA and it's justification of its murdering of British citizens and Soldiers......quite simply has absolutely no right to be in charge of our country!
And whatever the faults of the other parties and policies you think are wrong ....there is absolutely nothing that stoops as low or disgusting as sympathising with murdering terrorists!!...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
She's 12-1 on with some bookies, if you think someone's going to beat her, fill your boots

I'm a bit puzzled by Lord Ashcroft's predictions He's got

Pavilion - Labour chance of winning 76%
Kemptown - Labour chance of winning 58%
Hove - Labour chance of winning 68%

Lewes - Con chance of winning 89%
Eastbourne - Con chance of winning 94%
Hastings - Con chance of winning 87%
Crawley - Con chance of winning 90%

According to him it is extremely likely that Labour will unseat Caroline Lucas and only a bit more than a 50:50 chance of winning Kirby's seat. Those figures for the only other 4 Sussex seats with a chance of an upset also surprise me. Is it really that unlikely that Lewes and Eastbourne won't revert to the Lib Dems?

https://dashboards.lordashcroftpoll....aspx?RId=²&RLId=²&PId=±´ºµ´&UId=´¹¹¹¼&RpId=2

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Prices on the Tories have PLUNGED over the last few hours. Current odds:

Most seats

Conservative 1.06
Labour 17.5

Overall majority
Conservative 1,2
Labour 6.8

Next PM

Theresa May 1.17
Jeremy Corbyn 7.8

Next Government
Conservative majority 1.21
Conservative minority 16.5
Labour minority 29.0
Labour / SNP coalition 30.0
Labour majority 34.0

Prices have continued to tumble which is presenting some opportunities.

Just lumped on Tory majority @ 1.2 with a major bookmaker, laying straight off on an exchange at 1.17 for locked-in profit. (Oddschecker is your friend if you want to do likewise)

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
How could it be ANYTHING but BBC1? Truly?

Not only is it simply the best coverage, but you get Jeremy Vine with his big floor map and 'virtual' House of Commons plus Emily Maitlis frantically swiping her interactive smartboard which is oddly erotic for some reason.

I genuinely didn't know it was covered on any other channel. If I couldn't get BBC1 I'd listen on Radio 4.

The joy of an external aerial that has always refused to pick up BBC. Bizarrely now attached the aerial cable to a Now TV box and have that option so will take this advice.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
I've booked Friday off work for the occasion.

The wife and I will be up until the wee hours of Friday morning streaming the BBC website live coverage to the TV, feasting on a gourmet pizza, Cinnaparts® and a couple of bottles of red wine discussing politics whilst watching the results coming in. :thumbsup:

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Liam Rosenior tweet this evening:

"I'm a privileged footballer.
I could vote for benefit of my tax rate. But won't.
This is about EVERYONE in our society. #GeneralElection17"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Will be going for the snack mountain + copious amounts of alcohol combo. Apologies in advance .. it may get messy.

Also pleased to see so many have taken the day off work to get the full election night experience .. it's like finding fellow members of a strange cult.

The only downside is we are unlikely to see Diane Abbott trying to spin the cataclysmic defeat into some sort of victory.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I used to do an all-nighter at every election but I went on holiday for the referendum and am doing the same for this election. Have fun, see you on the other side. I'll keep tabs on my phone but go to bed and wake up at the usual times.

This unexpected bombshell does take some of the fun out of the results tumbling in and exchanging posts with you... any chance you'll reconsider?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'm so pleased Conservative & Unionists know where it's at. #whereallinittogether

13-Jacob-Rees-Mogg-John-Lawrence.jpg

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
I'll be there all night, it's like Christmas. I usually stick with dimbles on BBC because I love how he gets more and more sick of the bickering as the night goes on. Vine in his magic room is a bit of a guilty pleasure even. I've heard rumbles that ITV actually puts in a decent effort though?

Cigarettes, bitter as hell green tea and slowly eating my way through the cupboards is my plan thus far, but I might go and get some treats to cheer me up when the despair starts kicking in lol.

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
Apparently my views matched 73% of the Labour manifesto, 73% Lib Dem and 73% Green. As I said in another thread a few weeks ago, I'm buggered basically.

Mine was quite similar with those three all getting in the 80% area and then a cheeky little UKIP at 61%.. Que? Maybe it's my secret lust for torture and the death sentance creeping out.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Not really......???
Vote for some bloke who believes the IRA are in some twisted way justified in murdering British citizens and soldiers!
Or vote for some woman that has become so very "Meh"...(whilst shrugging shoulders)!!!

It's very simple.....anyone who attended political rallies in sympathy of the IRA and it's justification of its murdering of British citizens and Soldiers......quite simply has absolutely no right to be in charge of our country!
And whatever the faults of the other parties and policies you think are wrong ....there is absolutely nothing that stoops as low or disgusting as sympathising with murdering terrorists!!...

Isn't she responsible from removing up to 20,000 bobbies off the street , played into terrorists hands as well .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here