Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
MP(did not catch his name) on Daily Politics said we have never been in the crap this deep on so many issues since World War 2 and said there should be a grand coalition.
May is so far out of her depth, there is no credible replacement, the Tories are at war with each other and the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.
With May making noises to Labour already maybe a grand coalition is not a bad idea.
Something needs to be done smartish.

What is your suggestion then?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
MP(did not catch his name) on Daily Politics said we have never been in the crap this deep on so many issues since World War 2 and said there should be a grand coalition.
May is so far out of her depth, there is no credible replacement, the Tories are at war with each other and the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.
With May making noises to Labour already maybe a grand coalition is not a bad idea.
Something needs to be done smartish.
MayExit would be a start.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
What is your suggestion then?

Did you read the post. I said that maybe a Grand Coalition is not such a bad idea.
I know Labour are all at sea as well but they ain't in power.
It's such a shambles right now that maybe something completely different (cue Monty Python clip) is the answer, I don't know, but what I do know is that politically we are in a right mess.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Did you read the post. I said that maybe a Grand Coalition is not such a bad idea.
I know Labour are all at sea as well but they ain't in power.
It's such a shambles right now that maybe something completely different (cue Monty Python clip) is the answer, I don't know, but what I do know is that politically we are in a right mess.

I read your post that is why I asked again for clarification. I didn't get one. The Tories invited Labour to contribute to brexit and it's policies. The answer from Corbyn? Well send it to me on a postcard.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I read your post that is why I asked again for clarification. I didn't get one. The Tories invited Labour to contribute to brexit and it's policies. The answer from Corbyn? Well send it to me on a postcard.

I don't have a bloody suggestion, I am merely pointing out that an MP has suggested that it is time for a Grand Coalition, and I am posting it to see what people think about it.
My thought is something has to be done but it will never happen because it is for the good of the country and its people, the only time they work together is pay rise time.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I don't have a bloody suggestion, I am merely pointing out that an MP has suggested that it is time for a Grand Coalition, and I am posting it to see what people think about it.
My thought is something has to be done but it will never happen because it is for the good of the country and its people, the only time they work together is pay rise time.

Calm down I am not attacking you personally just making a rather rough point. Political parties have such wildly different priorities (as you point out usually self interested) that across all parties you have to wonder if the UK is at the heart or their own beliefs.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here