Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So come on... who cried?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well done you!

My only regret of the day is that we didn't do similar from the WSU. My son wanted to but I didn't know how long the players were going to be out for and thought we could leg it down, miss the players and then find they wouldn't let anyone else onto the pitch as they wanted it cleared.

He should have the memory that your sons do. I stuffed up there.
Likewise. We'll have to do it at Bristol when we win the title. And we won't need to worry about another game a week later.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Well done you!

My only regret of the day is that we didn't do similar from the WSU. My son wanted to but I didn't know how long the players were going to be out for and thought we could leg it down, miss the players and then find they wouldn't let anyone else onto the pitch as they wanted it cleared.

He should have the memory that your sons do. I stuffed up there.

Oops, sorry mate, to be fair I was surprised I did because it went against so much logic.

Still, you WERE THERE when it happened and have a season ticket for next year. Of course NSC will see more traffic from fans screaming that we didn't buy Neymar, Ronaldo, Bale etc and we're only 15th in the Premier League. I'll be here but won't be bemoaning our lot, oddly the club have done all I wanted them to do, allow my lads and I to see Brighton on the big stage, where it goes from here is all a bonus!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Thought i would , but as yet i haven't , i did last season but i guess it's easier to cry when it hurts .

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Was far too caught up in the celebrations on Monday, emotions hit on a hungover Tuesday reminiscing..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Crikey, haven't really stopped!

Was surprised at how I didn't when the whistle went. Was in ESU and started to regret my great view for a few seconds as my youngest said "Dad, can we be pitch raiders!" (* great kids term). I thought about this briefly, I'm very much a conformist, and then thought he'll remember this for years so we set off. As we left the ground I thought we'd be slightly disappointed and outside missing it all. As we passed the ESL the stewards seemed to not notice / or ignore us as we went through and headed onto the pitch.

As my two lads ran down the steps of the ESL ahead me I felt good, and then when the little turned turned and said "We're pitch raiders" I just burst into tears ... I love this club.

Loved this post. They will remember that the rest of their lives, great decision.

I shed the odd tear, but mostly just wandered around with a massive grin on my face.

From WSU, we were happy to watch the initial pitch invasion from on high and take some snaps. We then wandered down to the front row, to see the players from behind. We spotted Dick Knight directly below us and managed to attract his attention. My missus used to stand with her Dad, Dick and his son on the East Terrace at the Goldstone, so we got a big wave and massive thumbs up from Dick. We also spotted Mel who runs the sponsorship contract on behalf of Amex and is a good friend - her life will change big time!

Then walked down to Lower West to get a pint and bumped into a few old stalwarts, man hugs all round. So grateful that my 3 boys were all able to be there yesterday, as 2 now live in Bristol and Leeds respectively. My youngest had been ill all night but somehow had dragged himself along with his streamers and large Sussex flag.

Was with my sister and others in the North concourse when Derby equalised. Total carnage! Then on the pitch for the most surreal singing led first by the Board then by the players. Bumped into so many old faces: Jacko, Mekon, Ju, Tony C, Dave. Then my eldest and I had a final drink in Lewes on the way home.

Brilliant, brilliant day. So proud of all of us #Together.

PG

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Yup, I shed some tears as the pitch invasion happened and a few times afterwards when the enormity hit home. So many memories, good and bad, from my first full season ticket at the Goldstone in 1987 as a 16 year old through the Archer/Belotti/Hereford/Priestfield/Withdean and finally Falmer. The thing that really set me off was thinking about all those who passed away before the Amex, and now Premier League, was a reality.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Loved this post. They will remember that the rest of their lives, great decision.

I shed the odd tear, but mostly just wandered around with a massive grin on my face.

From WSU, we were happy to watch the initial pitch invasion from on high and take some snaps. We then wandered down to the front row, to see the players from behind. We spotted Dick Knight directly below us and managed to attract his attention. My missus used to stand with her Dad, Dick and his son on the East Terrace at the Goldstone, so we got a big wave and massive thumbs up from Dick. We also spotted Mel who runs the sponsorship contract on behalf of Amex and is a good friend - her life will change big time!

Then walked down to Lower West to get a pint and bumped into a few old stalwarts, man hugs all round. So grateful that my 3 boys were all able to be there yesterday, as 2 now live in Bristol and Leeds respectively. My youngest had been ill all night but somehow had dragged himself along with his streamers and large Sussex flag.

Was with my sister and others in the North concourse when Derby equalised. Total carnage! Then on the pitch for the most surreal singing led first by the Board then by the players. Bumped into so many old faces: Jacko, Mekon, Ju, Tony C, Dave. Then my eldest and I had a final drink in Lewes on the way home.

Brilliant, brilliant day. So proud of all of us #Together.

PG

Wonderful images from this!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Only when i saw Mr Bloom twirling his scarf in celebration did i get a bit carried away...
Bloom going utterly berserk with the scarf strangely got me welling up, too. Just suddenly hit home how much it meant to the man at the top.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here