Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So come on... who cried?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Same. As the scene in front of the West mirrored what we had to endure at Middlesbrough a year ago but this was us. Our club, our team, our friends and family. Our time.

I keep welling up today as well.

It's going to be an emotional few weeks I think.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Same. As the scene in front of the West mirrored what we had to endure at Middlesbrough a year ago but this was us. Our club, our team, our friends and family. Our time.

I keep welling up today as well.

It's going to be an emotional few weeks I think.

Wife - "Are you crying watching videos of football players train carriage surfing?'

Me - "Of course not."

Wipes cheek.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I was totally fine which is weird, we have been machine like in the last few weeks to a point where I knew we were going to do it.

Only when i saw Mr Bloom twirling his scarf in celebration did i get a bit carried away...

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
On the pitch yesterday.....after the euphoria.....after the singing with the players and Mr Chairman....I just wandered away to have a moment to myself........and yes....just a little.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
No tears - just breathing it all in. Every time I think about it though, or see the ticker on Sky stating what we've done, I get overwhelmed with goosebumps

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I had a real mixed bag of emotions yesterday - when the ref blew the final whistle my first thought was he hasn't blown for time yet, but for a free-kick - then I saw the hoardes stream on from the North End and my elation grew! I managed to wrestle past a steward to get me and my grandson onto the pitch, where we had our pictures taken... All this time though I just felt something wasn't quite right.
Heading back to the concourse to watch the Huddersfield game and seeing Sky Sports showing The Albion as nearly promoted just seemed a little surreal as I watched Tony Bloom making a tit of himself (in a nice way) as he attempted We're On Our Way... and a succession of players proving they won't have second carers as singers!

I then turned to the Sky coverage of the Derby v Huddersfield game to see Huddersfield take an early lead - so still no P against our name...

Huddersfield attempted to bore the pants off Derby and their game plan appeared to have worked right up until the 88th minute when Butterfield scored for Derby - queue scenes of bedlam on the concourse as beer went flying and grown men hugged eachother and wept!

Sky then put the league table as it stand caption up, and there was that magic P against our name - it was at that point when I truely believed and cried like a baby, while making the excuse I needed to go the loo before the rush...

The final emotion was to see Huddersfield manager Wagner looking like a broken man - karma is a wonderful thing, isn't it bottler Wagner!

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I blabbed a fair few times yesterday.
No shame in that, though after everything I'd seen our club & fans go through over the years.

And anyway, I'm female, so I'm allowed!

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I had an eye infection in both peepers so was constantly weeping through out the game.

As a self confessed JCL, I moved to Sussex in 2002 and have lived here longer than anywhere else in my 36 years on this earth (sporadic Albion attendance since 2004, became a regular 2015/16 when my eldest boy came of football attending age, JCL and proud!) I didn't think that I'd get emotional but the waves of emotion, happiness, love and sheer joy resulted in me welling up when I took my boys on the pitch. They are 3 and 6 and will no doubt be Albion fans till their last days on this earth after yesterday. My son knelt down and touched the grass then looked up at me and simply said "Wow, This is amazing" that did it for me!

I'll never forget the looks on some of the faces yesterday. You could see folk standing just taking it all in, having a moment to themselves with tears in their eyes and massive sh!t eating grins on their faces. What an awesome day, I'm so happy for all the friends I have made and the lovely people that follow this amazing club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here