Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prime Minister to make a statement from Downing Street - GENERAL ELECTION on 8th June

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Eastbourne CLP already in dispute over whether increasing the red share of the vote or ousting Ansell (by supporting Stephen Lloyd) should be the priority...

Difficult for me as the Labour candidate is a friend of mine - but logically I would prefer one less Tory MP rather than a few more Labour crosses on ballot papers that don't count for much in the big picture.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
It's basically a binary choice between the hardest of hard Brexits (loads of big companies pissing off abroad) or Corbyn. You abstain on that and you let the economic chaos of the Tories' little Englander madness win

I don't want to stay in EEA so what you would call "hard brexit" but even with my support of "hard brexit" no way on earth I'm voting for the Tories, I normally vote Lib Dem as more a tactical vote where I live but they are basically soft brexit or no brexit so I can't vote for them. I think there will be other people like me that voted Brexit but are not Conservative voters so this general election might be far more interesting than past elections.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Zzzzzzzzzzzz CorBIN interview.
The only thing you could do to secure more votes is to resign, you boring, selfish, out-of-touch *******.

How is he out of touch? His policies seem very popular with a large proportion of the British public ??? Is it because it's Corbyn and the mainstream press say he's 'unelectable'?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
How is he out of touch? His policies seem very popular with a large proportion of the British public ??? Is it because it's Corbyn and the mainstream press say he's 'unelectable'?

Based upon what, exactly?
The best measure of his electability is to look at his support within his own party.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Apart from the fact that she has lied and lied about not calling an early election this is a masterstroke. She'll win easily, leaving no effective opposition whilst Labour has another leadership election.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It's basically a binary choice between the hardest of hard Brexits (loads of big companies pissing off abroad) or Corbyn. You abstain on that and you let the economic chaos of the Tories' little Englander madness win

You're madder than Donald Tusk!Even his tweet about Hitchcock made more sense than that.:lolol:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
That poll had 2,029 respondents, which represents 0.00003% of the British population.
Slightly misleading headline.

It's not conclusive proof, no. But I wouldn't go as far as to say he's out of touch when his policies seemingly resonate with the general public.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Apart from the fact that she has lied and lied about not calling an early election this is a masterstroke. She'll win easily, leaving no effective opposition whilst Labour has another leadership election.

She has also put a massive spanner in the Brexit negotiations for the next 2+ months (out of a maximum of 24). It is irresponsible IMO, she should have called the election prior to triggering Article 50.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
It's not conclusive proof, no. But I wouldn't go as far as to say he's out of touch when his policies seemingly resonate with the general public.

I don't necessarily disagree with you on policy, but regard him as out-of-touch in believing he can win a vote that isn't 75% Unionists.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Excellent. Corbyn to resign on 9th June then. Labour rebuild can be brought forward bigtime. Thought the interview with Stephen Kinnock this lunchtime was particularly telling. Managed to swerve the inevitable 'Backing Corbyn?' question neatly by saying most labour MPs would be focussing on their impressive track records as local MPs fighting for local issues and representing their constituents at Westminster. The sort of thing Caroline Lucas does so impressively for the Green Party. CL is the best Labour Party leader the party's not yet had. IMHO, like.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

This is nonsense, simply because it's not as if Corbyn has ever been clear on where he stands with regards Brexit. I know who I'm voting for, and it's neither party presented in your "binary choice".

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Excellent. Corbyn to resign on 9th June then. Labour rebuild can be brought forward bigtime. Thought the interview with Stephen Kinnock this lunchtime was particularly telling. Managed to swerve the inevitable 'Backing Corbyn?' question neatly by saying most labour MPs would be focussing on their impressive track records as local MPs fighting for local issues and representing their constituents at Westminster. The sort of thing Caroline Lucas does so impressively for the Green Party. CL is the best Labour Party leader the party's not yet had. IMHO, like.

Ha. I thought exactly that. There'll be a lot of Labour MP's campaigning on their own records.
Do you really believe that he'd do the honourable thing though?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
She has also put a massive spanner in the Brexit negotiations for the next 2+ months (out of a maximum of 24). It is irresponsible IMO, she should have called the election prior to triggering Article 50.

Most of the most important stuff won't be sorted out until after the French and German Elections.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Most of the most important stuff won't be sorted out until after the French and German Elections.

No stuff will be sorted out until July, she has just pointlessly written off two months of what is regarded as not enough time to begin with.

She should have called an election prior to Article 50, giving her a clear mandate in the likely Tory landslide and giving maximum time to sort the Brexit crap out.

The fact she hasn't suggests to me that there is more to this than meets the eye.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here