Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prime Minister to make a statement from Downing Street - GENERAL ELECTION on 8th June

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Pathetic by May to avoid TV debates.

Shows utter contempt for the electorate.

Looking forward to the Empty Chair though.

With a face as grotesque as hers I don't blame her for avoiding live TV especially in HD, she will frighten all the kids.
I was hoping she would be ok, but as usual has turned out to be a lying cow that does not care about anyone and takes the public for mugs, like all Tories, greedy, slime balls.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
2mqnayr.jpg

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Latest Westminster poll via @YouGov (18-19 April):

CON: 48% (+4)
LAB: 24% (+1)
LDEM: 12% (-)
UKIP: 7% (-3)

Surely Labour will close the gap significantly during the campaign?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
An unelected Prime Minister now overturns an Act designed for political stability, calling an election that she said wouldn't happen, for a process she claims she has backing for. And this is over a policy that she was opposed to in the first place.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Any party that negotiates with Europe with the aim of staying in gets my vote.
I want my children to be able to live and work wherever they want in Europe.
I want Scotland to stay within the UK.
I need Farage to make other polititions look sensible.
I want a new Pro-Europe party Libs, Lab, Greens and even the odd decent Tory
I want BHA to be champions!
I know, I want, I want, I want..........

You wouldn't have thought that, this time last year, only your final demand would be pending delivery...

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Pathetic by May to avoid TV debates.

Shows utter contempt for the electorate.

Looking forward to the Empty Chair though.

Completely incorrect. TV debates are a sideshow from the US that add nothing to serious debate. Just allows the easily impressed to make decisions based upon presentation and soundbytes.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
An unelected Prime Minister now overturns an Act designed for political stability, calling an election that she said wouldn't happen, for a process she claims she has backing for. And this is over a policy that she was opposed to in the first place.

Or ... A Prime Minister seeking a mandate from the country triggers a part of the fixed term parliament act to call an early election that most of her political opponents claim she should have done some time ago.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Part of her problem is the 'unelected' jibe... so I guess it is a case of 'be careful what you wish for'.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
May should do the debates, despite the limitations, there is precedent now and the Tories have done them when they've had something to gain in 2010 and 2015.

However, pragmatically it's not hard to see why she isn't. She's 20% ahead in the polls and has Murdoch and Rothermere doing her bidding. She has everything to lose and nothing to gain.

I don't buy the commentary that she's running scared of Corbyn, she's got plenty of lame, prepared lines she can swat him off with. Sturgeon would wipe the floor with her though.

Therefore, I would not be suprised if she graciously agrees to debate just Corbyn and gets a load of credit for doing so.

Last edited:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Completely incorrect. TV debates are a sideshow from the US that add nothing to serious debate. Just allows the easily impressed to make decisions based upon presentation and soundbytes.
Soundbites?

2015: 'Hardworking Families.'
2016: 'Take back control.'
2017: ?????

Soundbites and leaders win elections.

The Tories understand this very well.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Agree. I would much rather see the Leaders grilled by Andrew Neil type journalists for 30 mins than watch tedious rehearsed point scoring.

Would almost prefer to watch an episode of Mrs Browns Boys than see May, Corbyn, Sturgeon, Farron, Wood, Nuttall exchanging predictable dullard insults .... either would make my eyes bleed.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Agree. I would much rather see the Leaders grilled by Andrew Neil type journalists for 30 mins than watch tedious rehearsed point scoring.

Would almost prefer to watch an episode of Mrs Browns Boys than see May, Corbyn, Sturgeon, Farron, Wood, Nuttall exchanging predictable dullard insults .... either would make my eyes bleed.

Glad you included the"almost"! I fail to see why these debates have come a media holy grail.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The only thing that Brexiteers are concerned about is immigration from problematic Muslim countries

Bit of a sweeping statement - as a Brexiteer I voted out because of the EU not because of immigration.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The only thing that Brexiteers are concerned about is immigration from problematic Muslim countries
I voted Brexit, yet I (choose to) live with two Muslims from the Gulf. It's weird that after so much debate you still don't know why people voted for Brexit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here