Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Scenes

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Players ended up in Bohemia.

That Knockaert chant to Stephens is a bit naughty !!

Supadupahands

Mar 10, 2016
Never seen anything like last night, I was outside the railway bell where we had been singing with fans as they came out if the station all evening, all of sudden Baldock, Dunk, Norwood and Skalak appeared, Bladock and Norwood got mobed outside the pub.

Everyone then moved over to Queens Road where Norwood, Skalak and Murphy were hoisted in to shoulders and the nearby pub's emptied as we carried them down the street chanting and singing till we reached the Clock Tower.

We shut down North Street and West Street partying in the middle of the road, then down west street appeared Knockeart on a bench then the rest of the players; Stepens, Sidwell, Goldson,Duffy, Dunk and up the road a bit Stockdale who was standing around watching the scenes having selfies taken.

It was one of the most surreal moments of my life, ****ing amazing, I'll never forget it, capped off an amazing day for my club and city.

batch_91

Jul 14, 2012
Sheffield/Portslade
Every video I have seen of last night has been incredible (i must have watched atleast 150 on fb and twitter so far)

The absolute scenes are destroying my insides. I couldnt make it yesterday and naively planned my trip home for the Bristol game instead. Quite frankly David Wagner has been inconsiderate bottling it this early.

Will someone please reassure me that I wont be the only one going mental in a couple of weeks. All I need is 1% of last night to happen again!

Supadupahands

Mar 10, 2016
Every video I have seen of last night has been incredible (i must have watched atleast 150 on fb and twitter so far)

The absolute scenes are destroying my insides. I couldnt make it yesterday and naively planned my trip home for the Bristol game instead. Quite frankly David Wagner has been inconsiderate bottling it this early.

Will someone please reassure me that I wont be the only one going mental in a couple of weeks. All I need is 1% of last night to happen again!

if we get the cup presented I'm sure they'll be more celebrations...

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Genuine goosebumps from watching those clips. So jealous I wasn't there to enjoy the moment, but above all happy for the club - a sign of great things to come I'm sure!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
. Spontaneous celebrations like that don't happen often!

SPONTANEOUS is the word of the day, all the polls the threads on here should we invade the pitch or not, etc etc etc show how great things happen when they are not planned. Just like the second pitch invasion at ten to seven and the speeches by Tony and Chris

Supadupahands

Mar 10, 2016
Never seen anything like last night, I was outside the railway bell where we had been singing with fans as they came out if the station all evening, all of sudden Baldock, Dunk, Norwood and Skalak appeared, Bladock and Norwood got mobed outside the pub.

Everyone then moved over to Queens Road where Norwood, Skalak and Murphy were hoisted in to shoulders and the nearby pub's emptied as we carried them down the street chanting and singing till we reached the Clock Tower.

We shut down North Street and West Street partying in the middle of the road, then down west street appeared Knockeart on a bench then the rest of the players; Stepens, Sidwell, Goldson,Duffy, Dunk and up the road a bit Stockdale who was standing around watching the scenes having selfies taken.

It was one of the most surreal moments of my life, ****ing amazing, I'll never forget it, capped off an amazing day for my club and city.

that was my view of the players being carried down from the station

Norwood and Skalak;

this was from the clock tower as the fans streamed down Queens Road into North Street and West Street

If you saw the 6'5" geezer in a blue north face jacket that was me and to the guy in the phoenix brewery shirt top who i kept bumping into, I hope you heads alright this morning!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I bet there are a lot of supporters of other clubs watching these scenes in admiration too. What we have is special.

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
anyone able to tell me how to upload videos from my phone? have one very rare one that was only witnessed by about 10 people and thought I'd share it. have gone to advanced and upload files but its saying its too large to upload.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
anyone able to tell me how to upload videos from my phone? have one very rare one that was only witnessed by about 10 people and thought I'd share it. have gone to advanced and upload files but its saying its too large to upload.

Easiest way is to pop it on YouTube and then link to it.

Email it to me at bozza@northstandchat.com if you like and I'll sort it.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I will never forget Sam Baldock being crowd surfed out of our carriage into the next one, returning 2 minutes later and passing Norwood surfing in the opposite direction. Love this team, don't want any of them to not be with us next season. And nice to see Calde at the stadium with the boys.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Police were a bit heavy handed though I thought.

This is my 6 year old son, presumably in cuffs for over celebrating waiting for the train back to Brighton, and to think what the players got away with! :D

Will in cuffs.jpg

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Just fantastic to see the videos of the fans with the players travelling all the way from the stadium to the centre of Brighton - who would have thought that this would possibly happen? Just so spontaneous and unique in the "Brighton way".

What heartened me though (as if these scenes hadn't) were the number of young kids skipping around on the Amex turf just so full of delight.

We are blessed.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I'm sitting here reliving the day, scenes at the final whistle invasion, the sheer joy in the north concourse after, then the emotion after the end of Derby/Hudds and the second invasion with the Board and management speeches and from the players coming out of their lounge joining in and leading the celebrations, fantastic day. We are Premier League.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Exactly this. It was a little bit like they had lost their minds, but in such a good way. The fact they chose to share those moments with the fans shows the bond we have. I really doubt this would happen at very many other clubs. I am struggling to think when it has done?

Closet I know of was when Depor won la liga. Fran was stripped to his underpants ala dunk and one of the players went missing and didnt turn up until the Sunday, the game was on the Friday. Donato was found sleeping on the beach the following morning .... and they all had their hair bleached after the game.

I'm sat in the gulf air lounge watching the various videos from yesterday. I stayed for about 45 mins but was kept up to date by friends who stayed on longer. I was up at five this morning (to get to the airport) and was still receiving whatsap messages at 5:30 ... utter carnage!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here