��cheer up Alex Pritchard
Oh what can it mean
Made a shit career decision
Chose the wrong football
Teeaam��

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I remember thinking at the time if Pritchard had signed we would have let Stephens go to Burnley. As people said at the time they are not the same type of midfielder and I agree. My argument was that we wanted him, the fee would have been covered for FFP and the numbers in the squad would have stayed the same.
We were faced with a player who really wanted away and presumably a player who wanted to come here. Funny how it turned out as Stephens knuckled down to become a vital player and Pritchard spent most of the season on the bench.
The chairman played a blinder imo. I said at the time he was faced with accepting 8 million for a player or gambling on keeping him and reaching the promised land letting that player walk away on a free in the process. I guess we can all see why the man is a gambling genius!

Pritchard was always the replacement/competition for Baldock. We still doged a bullet - but it would not have meant Stephens moving on.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Pritchard was always the replacement/competition for Baldock. We still doged a bullet - but it would not have meant Stephens moving on.

OK I don't agree but we are all entitled to our opinion. He is a midfielder so I saw him as a Stephens replacement with the fees matching up. Not a direct one for one obviously but it was early days and we were balancing the books, to a certain extent. If it had gone through there may have been others in the pipeline, who knows. There are more leaks from the Kremlin than Brighton and Hove Albion which, personally, I love. Doesn't stop us speculating.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
OK I don't agree but we are all entitled to our opinion. He is a midfielder so I saw him as a Stephens replacement with the fees matching up. Not a direct one for one obviously but it was early days and we were balancing the books, to a certain extent. If it had gone through there may have been others in the pipeline, who knows. There are more leaks from the Kremlin than Brighton and Hove Albion which, personally, I love. Doesn't stop us speculating.

He is - but so far and away from the sort of player who can play in a midfield two it's not even remotely likely. We said in the press we were after competition in the Baldock role and the search would continue after Pritchard shafted us. Thankfully we didn't get anyone given the season Baldock had. We certainly weren't in a balancing books mood this summer given the massive amount of bids we turned down for our key players.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
He is - but so far and away from the sort of player who can play in a midfield two it's not even remotely likely. We said in the press we were after competition in the Baldock role and the search would continue after Pritchard shafted us. Thankfully we didn't get anyone given the season Baldock had. We certainly weren't in a balancing books mood this summer given the massive amount of bids we turned down for our key players.

You do know how much we lost last season, don’t you? None of this is simple. If things had turned out differently we may not have played with a midfield two.
Agree we were looking for competition/replacement for Sam but nobody knew how that would turn out as you say. Remember when Tomar and Glenn first played together? We all said that was not going to work! Well it didn’t turn out too badly, as it happens.
Yes TB turned down massive bids for our best players and made it very clear to everybody that we going “All in” in poker terms. Who would bet against him? LOL.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
You do know how much we lost last season, don’t you? None of this is simple. If things had turned out differently we may not have played with a midfield two.
Agree we were looking for competition/replacement for Sam but nobody knew how that would turn out as you say. Remember when Tomar and Glenn first played together? We all said that was not going to work! Well it didn’t turn out too badly, as it happens.
Yes TB turned down massive bids for our best players and made it very clear to everybody that we going “All in” in poker terms. Who would bet against him? LOL.

Not all of us - while the majority said Hemed and Murray were too similar - there was a small but vocal minority that said Hemeds far more than a big lump and is actually rather agile - they were proven right.

We weren't offered anything like £8m for Stephens. I have it on good authority that the three bids from
Burnley were much less than half of that amount and in instalments.

Pritchard would 100% have been competition for Baldock. That's his role, he's not a central midfielder at all,

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Cam we go old school please like when Jim Gannon came down with Stockport and we didn't want him as our manager?

Surely a bit of 'Where'd you get your boots from? POUND SHOP, POUND SHOP' etc. would be a nice one for the oldies?

Is that the ''I will apply for every job going even when I am in a job and don't care if my current club knows about it Jim Gannon'' ?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Cam we go old school please like when Jim Gannon came down with Stockport and we didn't want him as our manager?

Surely a bit of 'Where'd you get your boots from? POUND SHOP, POUND SHOP' etc. would be a nice one for the oldies?
He did have a nice shiny suit though [emoji38]ol:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I don't feel much towards the guy. He chose between two clubs which, on paper were probably equally as good choices. Norwich offered him some more cash and perhaps a slightly better chance of reaching the Premier League.

They've been absolute CRAPOLA and we've DESTROYED the league (SMASHING them 5-0 in the process)

Even people with no interest in football could see the funny side of this.

Can't we all just shout "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" every time he gets the ball?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Look he made a mistake. Be magnanimous in our victory.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
So, what was sung in the end?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Fair play for clapping the Brighton fans. Obviously taking it in good spirit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here