Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a f****** day!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I am so glad I stayed behind to watch the Huddersfield game, when that Derby goal went in the celebrations that I didn't think could get much better kicked off big time! Watching the players going mad, the train back was insane! Going to to windmill pub blasting out brighton songs! Roll on bristol! We're on the pitch ! Again

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The second pitch invasion when Hudders were held, in all my years I never thought it would be quite so outstanding. I am glad I stayed too. Dunky f**king about in the East, Chrissy doing a speech, Bloom just soaking it up. I will never forget it.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I still can't quite believe that the players ambled down to the train and joined in the fun with all of the supporters in the city. I'm not sure I can remember anything quite like that at this level of football. It's superb marketing for the club. It will spread like wildfire on social media. All of that hogwash aside it was just the best thing the players could do for the fans and the supporters were able to show so much love right back. It's wonderful to see that the "together" thing spreads across all parts of the club.

It's been emotional.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I am so glad I stayed behind to watch the Huddersfield game, when that Derby goal went in the celebrations that I didn't think could get much better kicked off big time! Watching the players going mad, the train back was insane! Going to to windmill pub blasting out brighton songs! Roll on bristol! We're on the pitch ! Again

Yep incredible. the Derby equaliser, and then the second pitch 'gathering' after the Hudds game was just amazing. Loved Sam running rings round the stewards in the East who were trying to stop him........and then the TB and CH speeches to finish things off. Once in a lifetime thing.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
An amazing day - I just wish I could have stayed in Brighton, but was home talking about home moves with my wife as the Derby final whistle went!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Yep incredible. the Derby equaliser, and then the second pitch 'gathering' after the Hudds game was just amazing. Loved Sam running rings round the stewards in the East who were trying to stop him........and then the TB and CH speeches to finish things off. Once in a lifetime thing.
Once in a lifetime? We're doing it all again after the Bristol game ain't we??!!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I still can't quite believe that the players ambled down to the train and joined in the fun with all of the supporters in the city. I'm not sure I can remember anything quite like that at this level of football. It's superb marketing for the club. It will spread like wildfire on social media. All of that hogwash aside it was just the best thing the players could do for the fans and the supporters were able to show so much love right back. It's wonderful to see that the "together" thing spreads across all parts of the club.

It's been emotional.

mate that is just ****ing brilliant........!!!!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I was queuing for a drink and not looking at the screens when the Derby goal went in but the noise that went up was incredible, it took me a little while to work out what was going on! That was an amazing moment. Didn't realise until today there was another pitch invasion though.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Well, yes.....won't be quite the same though...............

Sadly no it won't be the same, it'll be more orchestrated than the total madness that went on yesterday, it wasn't a pitch invasion, it was a pitch party, and one I'll never forget.

Edit: Get Fat Boy Slim to do a 30 minute piece, that would be great.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was queuing for a drink and not looking at the screens when the Derby goal went in but the noise that went up was incredible, it took me a little while to work out what was going on! That was an amazing moment. Didn't realise until today there was another pitch invasion though.

Total madness when that goal went in, and again a couple of minutes later on the final whistle (and then again when the table appeared on TV with just the one team in YELLOW). Just seemed natural to head for the pitch again - a slightly surreal hour or so followed with first Baldock and Dunk messing around in the East stand, before they dragged everyone else out (including Calde) and the whole singalong started again. After that, CH and TB made emotional speeches from their perch in the West

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Sadly no it won't be the same, it'll be more orchestrated than the total madness that went on yesterday, it wasn't a pitch invasion, it was a pitch party, and one I'll never forget.

Edit: Get Fat Boy Slim to do a 30 minute piece, that would be great.
I was saying to a friend Norman should do a set on the bandstand after the game, worth an email?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Total madness when that goal went in, and again a couple of minutes later on the final whistle (and then again when the table appeared on TV with just the one team in YELLOW). Just seemed natural to head for the pitch again - a slightly surreal hour or so followed with first Baldock and Dunk messing around in the East stand, before they dragged everyone else out (including Calde) and the whole singalong started again. After that, CH and TB made emotional speeches from their perch in the West

I didn't understand a word of Chris or Tony's speeches, it was just echoing around so I clapped duly!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here