Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale WILL stay

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I doubt Dale would have been so 'bad, shitehouse, scum of the earth' yesterday if he had Kayal or to a lesser extent Sidwell, next to him.

It was clear within the first 5 minutes DS was playing for 2, and he couldn't have done that against Rotherham, let alone ...

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
I doubt Dale would have been so 'bad, shitehouse, scum of the earth' yesterday if he had Kayal or to a lesser extent Sidwell, next to him.

It was clear within the first 5 minutes DS was playing for 2, and he couldn't have done that against Rotherham, let alone ...

Agreed, playing Propper was a mistake. We needed Sidwell and his Premier League experience, we were in aware of them for most of the match. We looked poor, and I think most pundits will have us down as favourites to go down now. Next weekend we have to get more bite in midfield, get some time on the ball - it was like a hot potato yesterday. Finally we have to have an outlet upfront and some pace - Knockaert has to start. Don't get me wrong, I loved yesterday, the atmosphere was fantastic, but with Huddersfield and Burnley's starts we have the get points on the board sooner rather than later.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Agreed, playing Propper was a mistake. We needed Sidwell and his Premier League experience, we were in aware of them for most of the match. We looked poor, and I think most pundits will have us down as favourites to go down now. Next weekend we have to get more bite in midfield, get some time on the ball - it was like a hot potato yesterday. Finally we have to have an outlet upfront and some pace - Knockaert has to start. Don't get me wrong, I loved yesterday, the atmosphere was fantastic, but with Huddersfield and Burnley's starts we have the get points on the board sooner rather than later.

Yeah Sidwell would have been a better option. Trouble is, we were forced into an early substitution. Hemed never plays for 90 mins and Murray was always going to come on. It left just one player change .

I think you mean "awe"

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not many clubs spend up to £10m on a match ready player and expect to ease him in, or hide him from the big boys.
Yesterday Sidwell would have been a walking freekick, but tighter in possession, although that's damning with faint praise.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Not many clubs spend up to £10m on a match ready player and expect to ease him in, or hide him from the big boys.
Yesterday Sidwell would have been a walking freekick, but tighter in possession, although that's damning with faint praise.

You have to admit though, that his pass rate to Citie was higher than to the Albion in the first half. To be fair he did settle as the game went on, but by then it was too late and we were being utterly dominated.

I also thought that Gross and Propper were not used to the pace of the game here. Hopefully it will not take them long. Suttner looked better as the game went on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You have to admit though, that his pass rate to Citie was higher than to the Albion in the first half. To be fair he did settle as the game went on, but by then it was too late and we were being utterly dominated.

I also thought that Gross and Propper were not used to the pace of the game here. Hopefully it will not take them long. Suttner looked better as the game went on.
Oh yeah hence the damning with faint praise comment.

I think Propper is my fault, I was giddy with excitement when he signed and really expected him to hit the ground running.
Gross' player ratings have surprised me I thought he did ok, all things considered.

As [MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION] says Suttner got no help from Izzy so his game was always going to improve, but yeah he looked solid in defence, hopefully it won't be long before we get to see him 'Walkering' a team or two.

mike1901

May 12, 2017
Give the guy a chance, hasn't settled in yet. Yes Kayal may have been better but he's been making alot of mistakes since he's been back to. I think Propper will end up being a really good buy.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
At least we know who this season's scapegoat is going to be, it's good to get these things sorted early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At least we know who this season's scapegoat is going to be, it's good to get these things sorted early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woow woow hang on there, so far the list is:-

Stephens, Propper & Hemed.

Skalak probably screwed up somehow.

The only player to be dropped to the goatbench was Murphy... ... but he'll be back.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Too early to judge them all but Suttner looked composed and had a good game. Agree with comments re Propper - I think he will be all right. It may take time for Gross to adapt and that's fine but three times I saw him go to ground after a fair, or at least 50/50 challenge and he instinctively clutched his face as though he had been elbowed or punched. Don't like cheating by anyone, especially not by an Albion player!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Too early to judge them all but Suttner looked composed and had a good game. Agree with comments re Propper - I think he will be all right. It may take time for Gross to adapt and that's fine but three times I saw him go to ground after a fair, or at least 50/50 challenge and he instinctively clutched his face as though he had been elbowed or punched. Don't like cheating by anyone, especially not by an Albion player!

But you're a fan of Knockaert?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I agree - his penalty claim was embarrassing!

He's certainly the player I would have mentioned, instead of Gross.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Woow woow hang on there, so far the list is:-

Stephens, Propper & Hemed.

Skalak probably screwed up somehow.

The only player to be dropped to the goatbench was Murphy... ... but he'll be back.

I heard a few moaning about Murphy and saying it was his fault we lost as he missed that chance in the first half.

Amazing how many people seem surprised that Stephens 'isn't up to it' against the midfield of one of the best teams on the planet. No shit. He'd be worth £50 million if he was. Think some people are in for a shock this season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here