Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Absent Friends

Muslamic Infidel

3 Not allowed!
    My Grandfather Martin Leaney who was membership secretary of the Supporters Club back in the 70's, he took me to many a game at the Goldstone Ground and he'd always talk about Brighton with me whenever I visited him once he became too old to attend games. We've got a stone in his memory at the Amex. The fact I got to share the promotion with my Dad made that link to him even stronger yesterday and I am sure he was looking down with a smile on his face.

Quote Originally Posted by The Andy Naylor Fan Club View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My brother in-law Shane Langridge. I was in his seat today alongside his brother and 2 of his brothers kids. Quite emotional on reflection of the events today, boy would he have enjoyed the party. Cheers Shane, we done it.
    I saw Clint yesterday morning before the game and we bumped into Calde, I thought of Shane then and when the full time whistle went. He'd have loved it all.
    Artist formerly known as joey_jo_jo_jr_shabadoo

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members The Andy Naylor Fan Club's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo View Post
      My Grandfather Martin Leaney who was membership secretary of the Supporters Club back in the 70's, he took me to many a game at the Goldstone Ground and he'd always talk about Brighton with me whenever I visited him once he became too old to attend games. We've got a stone in his memory at the Amex. The fact I got to share the promotion with my Dad made that link to him even stronger yesterday and I am sure he was looking down with a smile on his face.

I saw Clint yesterday morning before the game and we bumped into Calde, I thought of Shane then and when the full time whistle went. He'd have loved it all.
      Found a photo online with Shane and his nephew (Terry), possibly the opening game Vs Doncaster.
      Name:  13177202_1543008332672004_2424970143912214924_n.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  114.3 KB
      When you are out and about, if you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours.
      Under the flag Bognor Bystander's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Remembering Will Sargent - who continually talked about the Albion and persuaded me to get a season ticket at the Withdean. My 'Car share' buddy from Bognor would have loved to see us in the Prem. RIP Will 4/1/2015 (aged 52).
      We all have ability, the difference is how we use it - Stevie Wonder
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Dad! The first of many! Miss him!

1 Not allowed!
      Oma and Tante. It's not the same without you.

2 Not allowed!
      Me and my stepdad, he took great pleasure in regaling EVERYONE he met about his time at the albion in the 50's. He would start every encounter with the words " I used to be the fastest winger in Sussex" He passed away last year, at the ripe old age of 84.
      Name:  10312439_10152785521463272_4398496414422797312_n.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  98.2 KB

Absent Friends

3 Not allowed!
      What a lovely idea.

It was hard to get through yesterday without thinking of my brother, Eddie the Seagull. When he died, we had just managed to stay up in League One. The only thing he saw of the AMEX was when they had just started building the site as he drove past it on the way to moving to Bournemouth.

I can just imagine him sitting in his front room, Sky Sports News on & Queen blaring out with the patio doors open, smoking a cigarette with that cheeky grin on his face.

I took his scarf yesterday, that he took to Hereford away.

As he used to say: 'MEGA'.

2 Not allowed!
      Mods - can we make this thread GOLD when everyone who wants to contribute has done so, please?
      My music blog: de-minimis music

2 Not allowed!
      My Dad who despite being a Sunderland fan , took me to The Goldstone back in 1968 and I never wanted to support any other team except this one

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SeagullTim View Post
      Attachment 84345

We got him on the pitch

JS11
      I thought of Matt and Jacob on the Tollbridge this morning at the end of a run. I'd come through the airport and was looking at – and thinking about the training ground – realising how far the club had come. By the time I got to the middle of the bridge – right in front of the memorial stone – I had to stop and have a moment. My mind wandered to other people who have been honoured with minutes of silence or applause at games, not to mention the countless supporters that gave so much when the chips were down and the club really needed them.

A lovely, moving thread.