Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some views from other forums

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
by ClaretMoffitt » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:00 pm

The tossers on north stand chat will no doubt find this thread later and have a right sulk about it. Whats your bet they mention house prices, poverty or or the term sh!t hole when they do? They love a good boast about how "nice" their city is and how much their houses are worth on there.

If only the Goldstone had sat on a worthless piece of Real Estate similar to Turf Moore.
It would have been immune to Northern Wankers going to the more fashionable areas of the country,. to asset strip community assets.
Can't see Burnley ever being a preferred site for a retail centre.

https://completelyretail.co.uk/scheme/Goldstone-Retail-Park-Hove/index.html

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...IY-king-Bill-Archer-run-a-public-company.html

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Signing Ricky van Wolfswinkel was what did for him, taking a punt on a striker with no Premier League experience. I would image he has learnt his lesson and won't make that mistake again.

You're right. However, Hughton was likely guided by his scouting network there too and they clearly let him down on this one. I'm really pleased that we've got someone like Paul Winstanley at our club who has done an exceptional job to date. Hughton, classy and honourable to the last, even gave him a lot of credit in that video of his speech to the board on Monday.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
You're right. However, Hughton was likely guided by his scouting network there too and they clearly let him down on this one. I'm really pleased that we've got someone like Paul Winstanley at our club who has done an exceptional job to date. Hughton, classy and honourable to the last, even gave him a lot of credit in that video of his speech to the board on Monday.

Totally agree.

Although I must admit that I did put RVW in my dream team that season. Needless to say I didn't win anything. :(

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Mostly good comments largely because we have a few Fulham old boys in our ranks.

Still amazes me that some opposing fans dont realise we have always been a well supported side.

I guess 10 years at an athletics track that held a 6,500 crowds is all people remember and not the 25,000+ crowds at the Goldstone prior to that.

We were plucky little old Brighton at Withdean, not so anymore.

If the play offs are won on who plays the best football then Fulham are a shoe in for Promotion, however we are well aware from our time under Gus thats not the case.

Hope Fulham or Huddersfield do it, but I suspect Sheff Weds for some reason will get it done

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Very much so and this is why the wealth of the country needs to be distributed throughout and to be honest Brighton really isn't a place of wealth from what I see as property prices are about 30%+ over inflated like most places outside London anyway....Way more poor than rich that's for sure!!!

One thing for sure is that people up north is far happier than in the south :)

Burnley 3rd unhappiest place in the UK. https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3358912/britain-unhappiest-places-to-live-revealed/

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Hardly a surprise reading some of the comments on the Burnley forum.

I think it is a given that people from Brighton and Burnley are never going to get on on the whole. I remember being on a stag do in Benidorm a few years ago when we got chatting to a couple of Burnley lads and one of them could not stop making the standard gay jokes. Ended up on the floor with a gash in his forehead and a surprised look on his face.

Always satisfying to see some Northern clowns face after they get slapped by a 'gayboy.'

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What I find astounding is how many idiots fail to engage the dormant organ between their ears before they refer to us as a 'Plastic Club', quoting years of sub 7000 crowds. Despite all of the recent publicity since The Albion's promotion, giving a quick history lesson about us, the idiots still use our Withdean years for their 'average crowds' to reinforce their 'Plastic' image.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Mostly good comments largely because we have a few Fulham old boys in our ranks.

Still amazes me that some opposing fans dont realise we have always been a well supported side.

I guess 10 years at an athletics track that held a 6,500 crowds is all people remember and not the 25,000+ crowds at the Goldstone prior to that.

We were plucky little old Brighton at Withdean, not so anymore.

If the play offs are won on who plays the best football then Fulham are a shoe in for Promotion, however we are well aware from our time under Gus thats not the case.

Hope Fulham or Huddersfield do it, but I suspect Sheff Weds for some reason will get it done

Any Fulham fan that doesn't realise we have always had a good fanbase should be ashamed.

27 December 1958 - 36,747 v Fulham (Div2)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
What I find astounding is how many idiots fail to engage the dormant organ between their ears before they refer to us as a 'Plastic Club', quoting years of sub 7000 crowds. Despite all of the recent publicity since The Albion's promotion, giving a quick history lesson about us, the idiots still use our Withdean years for their 'average crowds' to reinforce their 'Plastic' image.

Fits their narrow-minded agenda, it doesn't come without a staggering amount of ignorance not to give us credit as a football club and credit as fans. With regards to Burnley, none of them engage the thought of what might happen to their club and fans if they had to play their home games in Carlisle for a couple of seasons and return home to a small, rented athletics track for a decade of recovery.

Staggering since they can at least relate to our do-or-die at Edgar street with their 'Orient game' where we were quite a number of steps further along the road to oblivion than they were. Also strange how their crowds suffered similarly to ours whilst still having their ground during a dark period.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here