Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will there be tears?

Will you be shedding a tear today?

• I'll be blubbing like a toddler

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • I will shed a tear or two

Votes: 30 27.0%
  • I'll be trying to hold them back but forgive me if my eyes appear a little glassy

Votes: 43 38.7%
  • Don't be such a pansy

Votes: 15 13.5%

• Total voters

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Today will be my last trip to the Amex before I move away from Sussex - combine that with the potential for (near as damn it) confirming promotion and I think it's safe to say it might be a bit emotional for me.

Well, that wasn't bad.

I did get something in my eye at full time though. :wink:

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
I went for I'll be trying to hold them back but forgive me if my eyes appear a little glassy

I was working when I got the news, did a small fist pump and said gtfi to myself.

I've just got home and seen the photos and videos and the tears are flowing now.

UTA

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Wasn't at the game today but will be at Bristol City game.

It's only just sinking in now a couple of hours later that we have done it and I am finding myself very close watching some of the video's on the other threads.

A great day in our history, a time to enjoy our club and dare to dream.

Will be struggling to hold it back if we win the league at home. **** it, I'm a mess

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The past is a foreign country - they do things differently there...

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I have to admit that I went. Did I imagine it, or did anyone else spot a big screen image of Paul Barber wiping away a tear or two?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
If football's never made you shed a discrete tear, you can't be doing it right.

Seriously.

Couldn't make it to the County Ground as I was stuck in traffic on the M25 on that historic day in 2003 when Murray Goodwin hit the Boundary that meant we had enough points to win the Championship for the first time ever. I had planned to be there but work dictated otherwise. From memory they had ball by ball on BBC SCR as it was clear what was going to happen, finally, finally.

Had a little cry in my car as I listened to John Lees singing Sussex by the Sea as the game came to a halt for a while.

So basically yes its OK to shed a tear when something like this happens!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
My son and I have been going since the mid Withdean years. Season ticket holders for 8 years now, we've seen many ups and downs. He's away at uni a lot of the time now but I promised him I would never give up his season ticket whilst he wanted to go when he came back.

We were there yesterday - just the two of us, father and son living through the best emotion you can ever have at a football game.

I cried for the club and I cried for the meaning it meant to both of us. We'll always love the Albion and all the emotions of the last few years have genuine meaning we will both always keep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here