Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will there be tears?

Will you be shedding a tear today?

• I'll be blubbing like a toddler

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • I will shed a tear or two

Votes: 30 27.0%
  • I'll be trying to hold them back but forgive me if my eyes appear a little glassy

Votes: 43 38.7%
  • Don't be such a pansy

Votes: 15 13.5%

• Total voters

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Promotion wouldn't override the AMEX move. There's just a great sense of poetry, is the best word I can find, for a team that very nearly slipped into oblivion now being on the cusp of (re) entering the top flight.

Yes I can see the beauty in us getting promotion to the Prem after all the crap we've endured.

But sadly, I presume most of the fans who'll be crying once we get to the Prem are the ones who never watched us at Withdean. The fans who think football is all about top flight football. Why else would they be crying about playing in that division?

It's not that bloody good!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Promotion wouldn't override the AMEX move. There's just a great sense of poetry, is the best word I can find, for a team that very nearly slipped into oblivion now being on the cusp of (re) entering the top flight.

Nicely put & i guess from an outsiders perspective,it completes the Jigsaw.....for sure...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Today will be my last trip to the Amex before I move away from Sussex - combine that with the potential for (near as damn it) confirming promotion and I think it's safe to say it might be a bit emotional for me.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
If football's never made you shed a discrete tear, you can't be doing it right.

Seriously.

Only time I cried because of football was when I ran home from the sudbury town cup match at the full time whistle only to find out I'd missed extra time and the Penalties when I got home.

It would've been my first ever penalty shootout.

That'll teach me for thinking I was going to be the first one home.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Yes I can see the beauty in us getting promotion to the Prem after all the crap we've endured.

But sadly, I presume most of the fans who'll be crying once we get to the Prem are the ones who never watched us at Withdean. The fans who think football is all about top flight football. Why else would they be crying about playing in that division?

Presumptious and intolerant of other's feelings.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

I've waited since the summer of 1991,a ruined summer at that,no small thank's to Tommy Johnson and well in my 4th season back then to be in this position,we came so so close last year........nope cannot agree i will be crying...it's good to let it all out..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Today will be my last trip to the Amex before I move away from Sussex - combine that with the potential for (near as damn it) confirming promotion and I think it's safe to say it might be a bit emotional for me.

OMG.......well it would be fitting for you,i wish you well where ever you are headed...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Slightly ironically, I'm moving to Newcastle.

OMG again,and again i wish you and yours all the best,we already have posters up there i think so you won't be alone,i assume you will still be posting-

Cannot comment on modern day Newcastle as i have never been,but the old man was stationed up there in the 1950's (RAF) and he has never had a bad word said about the place,he very much enjoyed his time up there....he is 81 though.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
OMG again,and again i wish you and yours all the best,we already have posters up there i think so you won't be alone,i assume you will still be posting-.

Yep, I believe they have electricity and internet connectivity up there these days, so I shall still be around on NSC. Thanks for your good wishes. :thumbsup:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

But that's my point. It likely wouldn't be tears for reaching the PL but for the furthering of a 20 year journey.

Homelessness
Near oblivion
A new home
Big boys table.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
But that's my point. It likely wouldn't be tears for reaching the PL but for the furthering of a 20 year journey.

Homelessness
Near oblivion
4 League titles (including this season)
Payoff final victory infront of 75,000
Mansfield 6-0
McShane 2005
A new home
Big boys table.

It hasn't been all doom and gloom.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I'll be at work listening to it on Player and I suspect I'll hold back. Not sure I'll be able to keep it all together watching us lift that title though. As someone who attended their first game in 1997 and was generally the only Brighton fan in school (living in Leicestershire), to be able to witness us from the true brink of death to being in the top 20 elite clubs in the country will be unreal. Loving it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here