Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will there be tears?

Will you be shedding a tear today?

• I'll be blubbing like a toddler

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • I will shed a tear or two

Votes: 30 27.0%
  • I'll be trying to hold them back but forgive me if my eyes appear a little glassy

Votes: 43 38.7%
  • Don't be such a pansy

Votes: 15 13.5%

• Total voters

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
In the absence of any bed wetting.... sounds like the only option-regardless of age

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It's quite dusty at the top of the WSU and there is a chance some might get in my eye and make it water :whistle:

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
If we win today I won't be afraid to show my emotions. Not only for the joyous moment that today will be (hopefully) but also for those that we have lost along the journey that won't get to enjoy it with us.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I won't cry but I will be very emotional.

I sort of look on Promotion to the PL as the start of a journey as opposed to the end of it. CH wants to manage in the PL and Brighton have afforded him that opportunity.

I know he took Newcastle up but they had no intention of keeping him once he got there. Ashley thought he would fail early on and they would sack him quickly. The fact they were 12th surprised them but they sacked him anyhow.

He is going into the PL with a club and a Chairman who appreciate him and that will transcend on to the pitch next year. So although it will be emotional for me when Promotion comes, I just think. This could be the start of a real building of Brighton into something even bigger.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I've already welled up a few times this morning whilst watching the the video from 20 years ago and the heartache of last season.
I think only fans from that era will really get the emotion of it.
It's like we're finally getting our closure !

Last edited:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I've already welled up a few times this morning whilst watching the the video from 20 Charleston Court years ago and the heartache of last season.
I think only fans from that era will really get the emotion of it.
It's like we're finally getting our closure !

I'm sorry but moving to the Amex was a million times bigger than getting promotion to the Prem.

Are we going to keep picking and choosing when the Bellotti and Archer damage has finally ended?

Getting to the Prem is just a luxury. Building and completing the amex was the major change in our clubs future.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I'm sorry but moving to the Amex was a million times bigger than getting promotion to the Prem.

Are we going to keep picking and choosing when the Bellotti and Archer damage has finally ended?

Getting to the Prem is just a luxury. Building and completing the amex was the major change in our clubs future.
Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with what your saying, but I really see this as the final piece of the jigsaw.
Let's be honest the premier league is the ultimate aim surely ?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
For fans of a certain age I think this will stir emotions the likes of which have probably lain dormant since the first game at the Amex, which was itself a momentous day that symbolised the hope we'd all so long yearned for.

I know that for any club promotion to the Premier League represents an emotional time, BUT given everything that has come before it on this long journey, I think we can be forgiven for finding it more overwhelming than perhaps many other teams' fans might.

Getting the Amex built was the day I felt I could move on from the past, but today will be the day I feel we get to share our joy with the world.

I'm not one for openly blubbing but I'm not ashamed to admit that if the emotions are overwhelming, you may see a light sprinkling of eye juice this afternoon

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with what your saying, but I really see this as the final piece of the jigsaw.
Let's be honest the premier league is the ultimate aim surely ?

Winning the prem should be the ultimate aim.

I'm not buying it that football is all about being a fixture in the prem and no way does a season in the Prem override the long awaited completion of the Amex.

The Clamp

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Both were/are part of the same plan. But I was happier with the stadium than I ever will be if we go up. Aside the obvious massive advantages of being in the prem I have major misgivings about some aspects of it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

I agree with one sub clause-Getting to the Premier right now is an absolute must-It's vital........In this horrible financial wonderland of modern day football.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Winning the prem should be the ultimate aim.

I'm not buying it that football is all about being a fixture in the prem and no way does a season in the Prem override the long awaited completion of the Amex.

Promotion wouldn't override the AMEX move. There's just a great sense of poetry, is the best word I can find, for a team that very nearly slipped into oblivion now being on the cusp of (re) entering the top flight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here