Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's not wait on Huddersfield. We win. We party.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
The main issue is when / do the fans go on the pitch. I hope they do as you only get one chance to "spontaneously" celebrate. Then hang around the Amex waiting hopefully for the official P or simply going off some where to party. If we win today we are effectively up and everyone will party like we are regardless of the other result. It's bank holiday, I've got champagne and I'm going to pop the cork.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If we win today, I am going to party every game till the end of the season to make sure i party at the right one :cheery::drunk::clap:punk:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
If we win today I'm partying. Huddersfield are not suddenly Barcelona.

In 42 games they've mustered +5 goal difference. If anyone thinks they can get up to say another 25 at least in 5 games against the teams they have to play they need their heads testing.

Not just that. They'd also need us to not score as well. I mean, it's possible as are a lot of things but it's just so unlikely as to be almost impossible.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
If it's a win, we are up unofficially! Simple. If we lose and Hudders lose we're uno up, if we draw and Hudders draw, we're uno up, it's about them running out of games, not us. If we better their result today, we could draw, and if they lost we're up officially! Away at Derby is not easy.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Let's just win first then, I grant you, we are almost there...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
"We are (to all intents and purposes) going up
I said
We are (to all intents and purposes) going up"

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
We win, Ipswich win and I'm on the way to celebrating being Champions at Norwich. Will also be celebrating a non official promotion at 5pm with a win..Don't give a stuff about Huddersfield.

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
With all these posters saying it's impossible for Huddersfield to make up the goal difference, I just hope they haven't got a Billy Dane on their books.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The Argus page 3 preview is all over the place on the arithmetic. "If Huddersfield draw, we may have to wait just a few days more ..." Er, why? I shouldn't be surprised, but it's not exactly mathematically challenging.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
This was the attitude Reading fans had a couple of years back before Ulloa's goal against Forest...remember how that looked for them?

Even if it means we wait for the Huddersfield result I really don't care. It's just another twist in what has been an extraordinary tale for the last 20 years.

Cheer up Philzo

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
If we win today I'm partying. Huddersfield are not suddenly Barcelona.

In 42 games they've mustered +5 goal difference. If anyone thinks they can get up to say another 25 at least in 5 games against the teams they have to play they need their heads testing.
And that we won't score any in the meantime. Don't get me wrong, I'll follow the Derby-Hudds match but if we win today surely that's it.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
This was the attitude Reading fans had a couple of years back before Ulloa's goal against Forest...remember how that looked for them?

Even if it means we wait for the Huddersfield result I really don't care. It's just another twist in what has been an extraordinary tale for the last 20 years.

Sorry but you can't compare these situations, if we win, Huddersfield won't catch us. If we win, we are promoted

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hate the idea of the full-time whistle going and people not committing to the jubilation of promotion. We win, we're up.
Lol, there's no chance people aren't partying if we win. If we win, the only relevance of the Derby game is whether it's official.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here