Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How to honour Tony Bloom?

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
My club are on the eve of something momentous! I saw my first game aged 4 or 5 which was an evening match v Bristol Rovers at home around 1967/8. We won 4-0 and even though l fell asleep before the end my love affair with the club was born. It's been a roller-coaster ride of emotions since then with peaks and troughs, but tonight lm like a 5 year old on Christmas Eve! If we get promotion against Wigan (later today)l think that would have surpassed any emotional high in my life with the exception of my kids being born. Thanks to Tony Bloom the dark days are behind us. His financial input has allowed the club to rise from the ashes of disaster and grow the roses of success. Without him l shuddered to think where we would be now. We have gone from a club that was on the verge of oblivion into a well respected, well run club that l am proud to support! I don't think any true football fans begrudge our success this season. We need to honour Mr Blooms dedication and financial investment into a club that we all love. As a lifelong fan can't we all club together and get some sort of statue commissioned of him in acknowledgement of what he has done for our club erected outside the Amex? I would gladly contribute to the fund if there were enough like minded fans who feel his outstanding contribution to our club should be recognised. I have no idea how much something would cost, but lm sure collectively we could raise the money to honour his involvement and to say thank you for all that he has done for Brighton and Hove Albion.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
My club are on the eve of something momentous!
I saw my first game aged 4 or 5 which was an evening match v Bristol Rovers at home around 1967/8. We won 4-0 and even though l fell asleep before the end my love affair with the club was born.
It's been a roller-coaster ride of emotions since then with peaks and troughs, but tonight lm like a 5 year old on Christmas Eve!

If we get promotion against Wigan (later today)l think that would have surpassed any emotional high in my life with the exception of my kids being born.
Thanks to Tony Bloom the dark days are behind us.

His financial input has allowed the club to rise from the ashes of disaster and grow the roses of success.

Without him l shuddered to think where we would be now. We have gone from a club that was on the verge of oblivion into a well respected, well run club that l am proud to support! I don't think any true football fans begrudge our success this season.

We need to honour Mr Blooms dedication and financial investment into a club that we all love. As a lifelong fan can't we all club together and get some sort of statue commissioned of him in acknowledgement of what he has done for our club erected outside the Amex?

I would gladly contribute to the fund if there were enough like minded fans who feel his outstanding contribution to our club should be recognised.

I have no idea how much something would cost, but lm sure collectively we could raise the money to honour his involvement and to say thank you for all that he has done for Brighton and Hove Albion.

Hope you don't mind but I have inserted spacing. This way others may actually read what you have written!

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
And without the grey background

My club are on the eve of something momentous!
I saw my first game aged 4 or 5 which was an evening match v Bristol Rovers at home around 1967/8. We won 4-0 and even though l fell asleep before the end my love affair with the club was born.
It's been a roller-coaster ride of emotions since then with peaks and troughs, but tonight lm like a 5 year old on Christmas Eve!

If we get promotion against Wigan (later today)l think that would have surpassed any emotional high in my life with the exception of my kids being born.
Thanks to Tony Bloom the dark days are behind us.

His financial input has allowed the club to rise from the ashes of disaster and grow the roses of success.

Without him l shuddered to think where we would be now. We have gone from a club that was on the verge of oblivion into a well respected, well run club that l am proud to support! I don't think any true football fans begrudge our success this season.

We need to honour Mr Blooms dedication and financial investment into a club that we all love. As a lifelong fan can't we all club together and get some sort of statue commissioned of him in acknowledgement of what he has done for our club erected outside the Amex?

I would gladly contribute to the fund if there were enough like minded fans who feel his outstanding contribution to our club should be recognised.

I have no idea how much something would cost, but lm sure collectively we could raise the money to honour his involvement and to say thank you for all that he has done for Brighton and Hove Albion.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The Michael Jackson sculpture that Fayed erected outside Craven Cottage, made out of plaster and resin, cost £107,500. The Bobby Moore statue outside Wembley, cast in bronze, ended up costing ~£325k.

23k STH, each donating £10 should get you something decent...

Last edited:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I'm all for it MrSnuggles. Blimey, the grammar police really took offence at your post!

pintsawhiskey

Apr 17, 2010
bn1
To start with a by plane fly by banner reading THANK U TONY some onen could set up a PayPal donation acccount I'll start with £20 any balance to remf

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If we have already won the league by the time we play Villa the club should register TB as a player on a non contract basis and have him on the bench at Villa Park.

He could come on in the 93rd minute and we could give him the reception he truly deserves.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Freedom Of The City Of Brighton and Hove? Here's a list of the existing awards made, according to Wikipedia:

19 November 1898: Rt. Hon. Viscount Wolseley KP, GCB, OM, GCMG, VD, PC, British Army Field Marshal (Borough of Brighton).
14 January 1903: Sir John French KP, GCB, OM, GCVO, KCMG, ADC, PC, British Army Field Marshal (Borough of Brighton).
30 November 1920: Rt. Hon. Earl Haig KT, GCB, OM, GCVO, KCIE, ADC, British Army Field Marshal (Borough of Brighton).
7 October 1922: Rt. Hon. Earl Beatty GCB, OM, GCVO, DSO, PC, British Royal Navy Admiral of the Fleet (Borough of Brighton).
30 July 1925: Sir Charles Thomas-Stanford JP, British Politician (Borough of Brighton).
30 July 1925: Lady Ellen Thomas-Stanford (Borough of Brighton).
28 October 1926: Herbert Carden JP, Former Mayor of Brighton (Borough of Brighton).
23 September 1937: Benjamin James Saunders CBE JP, Local Philanthropist (Borough of Brighton).
3 October 1947: Rt. Hon. Sir Winston Churchill KG OM CH TD DL FRS RA, British Prime Minister (Borough of Brighton).
30 September 1948: Hugh Milner Black, Former Mayor of Brighton (Borough of Brighton).
19 December 1968: Miss Dorothy Stringer, Former Mayor of Brighton (Borough of Brighton).
27 July 1972: William Dodd, Brighton Town Clerk 1953–1972 (Borough of Brighton).
30 April 2009: Henry Allingham, British World War I Veteran.
13 May 2011: Aung San Suu Kyi, Burmese Democracy Activist and Winner of the 1991 Nobel Peace Prize.
24 July 2012: Steve Ovett, British Track Runner Olympic Gold Medalist at the 1980 Olympics.
July 2014: Bernard Jordan, Former Mayor of Hove and British World War II Veteran.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I could be wrong but he doesn't strike me as the type of guy who would want to be honoured, unlike the days of Dick staggering onto the pitch drunk. Think he'll be quite happy as he is.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
If we have already won the league by the time we play Villa the club should register TB as a player on a non contract basis and have him on the bench at Villa Park.

He could come on in the 93rd minute and we could give him the reception he truly deserves.

Not sure about the statue but this idea ^ is brilliant!

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
[The Bobby Moore statue outside Wembley, cast in bronze, ended up costing ~£325k.

23k STH, each donating £10 should get you something decent...[/QUOTE]

I make that £5 each if it's life size. 😉

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
At least he is little, so a life size statue shouldn't cost too much.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Perhaps we should just do as he has asked and stay off the pitch.
Bore off and watch cricket or something, I've waited 32 years for this, done my time in the lower leagues stood on terraces with just a handful of others watching us lose in some northern hole. Every club ultimately belongs to the fans not the owners as without us there would be no club. We should celebrate just like every other club does when they win promotion and not be made to feel we are doing something wrong.

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

that would still give lansbury time to hospitalise him...???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here