Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doctor Who (May Contain A Spoiler)

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I have no idea what i think right now, I just think all that ending was setting up for a female doctor.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought those last few minutes were shaping up to be a great/memorable regeneration, then it stopped and teased the xmas episode. If I believed the christmas episode would simply be a 45-60 minute discussion between the first and twelfth doctors doctors on the nature of regeneration/mortality/sacrifice/etc I might have been ok, but I can't see them having a doctor who christmas special that doesn't have some monster/villain to face down, even if it is just an hallucination.

I'd love it if John Simm was back permanently - I think he's a brilliant actor and certainly great in this part.

Confession time: I didn't twig that it was him under all that makeup last week until the scene with Gomez.

No shame there, I was well fooled too !

Me too!

While it seemed to want to suggest that missy/the master is now dead ("I gave you the full blast"), they can clearly just say something along the lines of she remembered when she was him, so she had some sort of defence. I know they mentioned something about their timelines being interwined and him not being able to remember anything, but they also showed an exception where she remembered be thrown against a wall and told to always carry that spare part.

I have no idea what i think right now, I just think all that ending was setting up for a female doctor.

There was one moment, where the master bemoans the future being female and the doctor replied 'I hope so' or something like that. Did make me wonder...

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
A bit of a let-down after last weeks excellent episode I thought. The bits with the two Masters were good but even John Simm didn't seem to be putting as much relish into the role, hopefully MIchelle Gomez has left now though. Could have been better lampshading with the resolution of Bill's storyline too apart from just the mentioning of the tear :) It was nice to see David Bradley again too, given his excellent performance in the Wiliam Hartnell drama shown during the 50th anniversary.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No idea what the hell that was all about at the end.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I think Simms master is going to regenerate into a different master and Gomez's will be the one after

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

thedeadone

Jan 17, 2005
West Sussex
There were a couple of hints yesterday that the next doctor is gonna be a woman so with that logic I'm gonna say the next doctor will 100% be a man.
Also am I the only one that thought they should of done a lot more with John Simm?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It was a cracking episode - and what a reveal at the end! Fantastic stuff!

Er ? what reveal ? ... mind you I think that was the first lesbian kiss on Dr Who ?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
If you avoided the spoilers it was quite a turn up. And yeah, coming out of the mist like that is definitely a reveal. Cracking episode really enjoyed it and looking forward to Christmas!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The new Doctor will be revealed after the Wimbledon Men's Final on Sunday.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here