What was best song of 1997?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
We have a winner:

(Best music video of all time too)

Think you forgot the NSFW disclaimer :)

Total tune though. Woe betide if anybody gets near me if this is ever played in public because it's limbs everywhere. Remember getting worried looks off my Dad when I cajoled the DJ into playing this one at a wedding once.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Personally think 1997 was an awful year for music, when songs by Teletubies, Aqua and Hanson top the charts it's not going well
Britpop was winding down and The Spice Girls were dominating the charts:-(

Beyond the Shit though it was the best year for albums in the decade. So many great records from Primal Scream through to the Chemical Brothers.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Beyond the Shit though it was the best year for albums in the decade. So many great records from Primal Scream through to the Chemical Brothers.

Yes didn't realise Vanishing Point was 97, superb album.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Not the best (though pretty good), but relevant lyrics for the Albion at the time

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not the best (though pretty good), but relevant lyrics for the Albion at the time

Saved me posting it. This is an Albion board, we are about to get back to the top division and this song gave me hope every time it was played (which was virtually every home game) at Gillingham during those dark dark days when it seemed the world was against us. Fantastic camaraderie though

Undoubtably my favourite song of 1997 for the reasons above and imo the winner whatever else is offered up :smile:

I think it should be played loud and proud tomorrow too :thumbsup:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Number 1 in the charts the week before we played Hereford, I believed we could fly I I believed we could...

Still feel the nerves listening to that record twenty years on! I was working at the Birch hotel in Haywards Heath at that time. Life was making me miserable at that time. Much happier now. :smile:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Nice to hear that for you. Made even happier by the Albion under CH?

Losing the Goldstone was depressing enough but my first ever job was my worst ever under a mini-Hitler of a boss. Felt much better when we got back home to the Withdean and in a better job with much nicer people. Life is subconsciously good by the things we really care about I suppose. :thumbsup:

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
I know this was from a largely terrible album, but I still like this one.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here