Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

With the benefit of hindsight are you now content we missed out on promotion last season?

larus

I partly disagree with [MENTION=785]clippedgull[/MENTION]. Yes, we want to get there and stay there, but, if we end up winning the title, that's something which will be in the record books.

We know we were good enough to go up last season, but were done in injuries at times, the amount we had over Xmas which led to our bad run and then the 4 against Wednesday in the PO first leg.

This season has been amazing, and for me, all the sweeter by the lack of expectation. I said at the beginning that I couldn't see past Toon & Norwich for the top 2 really, and that doesn't take into account the other clubs who have spent big.

This season will be one to remember for many years and, perversely, it may have been beneficial IMO to not go up last season. The squad has developed further together (they are quite a young bunch overall) and the development squad will be another year on.

Now, if we were to finish the season with 4 more wins and get to 101 points, that would make it very special indeed.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would prefer we missed out again this season,a leading team in the Championship is within our possibilites,being a member of the top league in Europe despite the huge amount of cash from Sky we are not going to attract the top players however much we can afford,we can run our guts out but by Christmas we will have nothing left
and the thought of a heavy defensive formation with one man up does not attract me at all.
Be careful of what you wish because the outcome could be very disappointing to the Chairman,Manager,Players and supporters

You negative tw@t...

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I would prefer we missed out again this season,a leading team in the Championship is within our possibilites,being a member of the top league in Europe despite the huge amount of cash from Sky we are not going to attract the top players however much we can afford,we can run our guts out but by Christmas we will have nothing left
and the thought of a heavy defensive formation with one man up does not attract me at all.
Be careful of what you wish because the outcome could be very disappointing to the Chairman,Manager,Players and supporters

Did you accept the offer from the club to give a motivational speech before the Wigan match? I hope so.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The highs seem even higher after the greatest lows.

Let's all enjoy it while it lasts.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Then why do we play in the Championship? What is the purpose if you don't want to be in the top two and are only hoping to finish top six to lose in the play offs.

As for a leading team in the Championship, if we miss out this year then the chances of doing this will reduce. The players aren't going to be happy to be at a leading team in the Championship forever. They are not going to be happy to stay on that basis. Stephens would definitely be gone this summer if we didn't go up. Stockdale, Knockaert and Dunk may well have been too.

And what about Tony Bloom. I assume you are happy for him to cover our £20 million plus losses every year while you get your wish to be a leading Championship team.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

Should we stop human progress as well in science, arts etc etc....?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here