Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

48 hours to go and I'm already pacing around

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
When the second goal when in I suddenly felt a bit choked up as the realisation started to kick in, I turned around and there was a fella in his 50s with scarf held aloft his head, he had tears in his eyes. I caught his glance and gave him a wink and he smiled back, I turned back around as I think I was about to lose it at that point. It is going to get a lot more emotional before the end of the season.

It's really sunk in today. There'll be tears of joy on Monday.

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
Another excellent piece Hiney. Thanks.

Remember some good times at the Goldstone, but took a back seat during the Gillingham and Withdean years, however I haven't missed a match at the Amex and can't wait until Monday.

Cheers Noel

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The last time we made it to division I was 11. My dad, brother and I travelled up the night before to Newcastle sleeping in the car parked in a layby outside the city. In the morning we drove towards the ground with scarves hanging out the windows, only to be flagged down by another driver. He no less was the dean of the university. He offered us his private parking space near the ground. Gratefully we parked up took a wonder around the park and awaited the opening of the ground. The rest as they say is history. A day I'll never forget.

The excitement I felt back then I now see in my son (15). He's been a st holder since the age of 5, sat in the cold and wet days of Withdean, seen the rise of the team, the amazing new stadium, the disappointment of play off failure (similar to the feeling of missing out to Southampton and Tottenham). He's had a personal battle this last year with anxiety which has meant him being very withdrawn, slowly though with help he is returning to the son I knew and seeing him regain his confidence. Following the Albion has meant him overcoming his recent fears of crowds and he's even comfortably been able to travel on the underground in packed trains going to London games.

He greets me with "we're on our way" every time he enters the room. Tomorrow or if not then next Friday will be a day to remember. We will be there as we have all season and the seasons before.

It's our time. @together

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here