Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris wood

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I'm sorry you don't agree with me, but my opinion is just that, an opinion. I'm sure there is a host of former loanees with which our views would differ:shrug:

That "good league one player" is currently the top goal scorer in the Championship, which in case you hadn't noticed is actually the league above League One...

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
As good as he is in the champ I would like to think we're aiming for a touch higher. We already have two strikers like him anyway - it's a nippy striker we're after.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Oh my God, what the hell was I thinking, having an opinion that differs from the masses! Should have learned my lesson when I stated I was underwhelmed with Hyypias appointment...there were people outside with torches and pitch forks!!
I just don't rate him

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
As good as he is in the champ I would like tithing we're aiming for a touch higher. We already have two strikers like him anyway - it's a nippy striker we're after.

Wood is miles ahead of Hemed i'm afraid. More often that not Wood only needs one shot to score. Hemed needs 2 or 3

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Wood is miles ahead of Hemed i'm afraid. More often that not Wood only needs one shot to score. Hemed needs 2 or 3

I don't disagree. Hemed isn't going to be starting for us next year anyway. We won't be spending upwards of 10 million for another version of Murray and Hemed though.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I don't disagree. Hemed isn't going to be starting for us next year anyway. We won't be spending upwards of 10 million for another version of Murray and Hemed though.
Agreed. The striker cash will be spent on a 'better Baldock' not another Hemed/Murray type.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Chris Wood in my opinion would be an excellent acquisition, clearly improving every year as a player and just coming into his prime.

Jota from Brentford would be another great signing imo.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One trick pony shitehouse player having a one off good season.

If reaching to the Premier League means we can aspire to signing Chris Wood, it hardly seems worth the effort.
We should give up our place to a team who's fans have more imagination.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Place him in an even better team than the perennial Champions of Europa then perhaps he might do even better than top scoring C1 and go on to bang a few in at P1 with the assists the likes of Knocky and March could provide.

Who bloody knows???

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Keown and Wilson? Did either of those come back?

I seem to recall Keown having two separate loan spells at the Albion. Chris Cattlin then tried to sign him for £30,000 but Arsenal wanted more money. After that his career probably faded away.

Danny Wilson was originally on loan, and then was signed by Cattlin, I think!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think he's a very different player than he was at 19 mate strong as an oz scores all kinds of goals I wouldn't grumble at all with him next season
He was shit last season, couldn't put tap-ins past Middlesbrough when we needed him to. He's on amazing form this season. Whether that will last long term, or be good enough for the PL, I don't know.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh my God, what the hell was I thinking, having an opinion that differs from the masses! Should have learned my lesson when I stated I was underwhelmed with Hyypias appointment...there were people outside with torches and pitch forks!!
I just don't rate him

It's not even really an opinion though is it? You're just factually wrong on this one. By this logic, no strikers in the Championship are good enough for the championship, as they've all scored less than him!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm sorry I'm talking shit
64235279.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here