Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
no-f***-to-give_o_255182.gif

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Shit thread

He wouldn't be in that squad if he was what some of you say he is. Cut the guy some slack. He might not make it into the team but that's only because he is up against Tomer and Glen. Neither of whom scored but they slowed the game down when needed - Drew fouls to get us up the pitch. Closed down when asked to. That lad is part of a group> Stop looking for faults

Spot on. Sad, pathetic witch hunt

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Shit thread

He wouldn't be in that squad if he was what some of you say he is. Cut the guy some slack. He might not make it into the team but that's only because he is up against Tomer and Glen. Neither of whom scored but they slowed the game down when needed - Drew fouls to get us up the pitch. Closed down when asked to. That lad is part of a group> Stop looking for faults

Spot on. A fourth chocie striker who is not up to speed. Team Albion

Dec 29, 2011
Damn, threads like this make you realise how much of a **** some of our fans really are. There is so much hatred for this kid shown in this thread with towards a player who hasn't actually done that much wrong. From what I can tell it's mostly hinged on the fact he had a poor performance against Blackburn.

Let's look at this from a neutral perspective: He's a 21 year-old who's had to move from his home, friends and family into an environment where everyone has known each other for at least two years - many in the squad have been together for 3-5 years and are good friends. It's not easy to arrive at a new place of work and immediately fit in, especially when there is such a tight bond between the group already.

He's assumably living in a hotel or being put up in a flat by the club which is difficult in itself - I know that when I move into a new place it takes me a few months to settle in and feel comfortable. Not only that he's joined a squad which is top of the league and expected to win every match - the amount of pressure to perform must be enormous. When Akpom came on against Ipswich I saw a player who was hungry to score a goal, wanted to be on the ball and wanted to make a name for himself to appease the fans. Despite his effort he was still written off by many people of NSC after his TEN MINUTE cameo. A few games later he starts against Blackburn and has a poor game, getting audibly booed by the fans as he trudges off the pitch. Why the **** would he want to play for a club where the fans boo you after about 180 minutes of football?

It's clearly been a downward spiral where poor support has lead to poor performances which has lead to poor support. The fact he was turned on so quickly hits me either as people being jealous this 21-year-old is getting paid your yearly salary in one week to sit on a bench, or huge expectations from knowing he plays for Arsenal and wanting to see a wonder kid rip teams apart each week. For those slating him, stop thinking with your emotions for one second and actually consider why it's come to the point Akpom feels so distant from this club he doesn't even look happy with a win that basically secured us promotion.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Damn, threads like this make you realise how much of a **** some of our fans really are. There is so much hatred for this kid shown in this thread with towards a player who hasn't actually done that much wrong. From what I can tell it's mostly hinged on the fact he had a poor performance against Blackburn.

Let's look at this from a neutral perspective: He's a 21 year-old who's had to move from his home, friends and family into an environment where everyone has known each other for at least two years - many in the squad have been together for 3-5 years and are good friends. It's not easy to arrive at a new place of work and immediately fit in, especially when there is such a tight bond between the group already.

He's assumably living in a hotel or being put up in a flat by the club which is difficult in itself - I know that when I move into a new place it takes me a few months to settle in and feel comfortable. Not only that he's joined a squad which is top of the league and expected to win every match - the amount of pressure to perform must be enormous. When Akpom came on against Ipswich I saw a player who was hungry to score a goal, wanted to be on the ball and wanted to make a name for himself to appease the fans. Despite his effort he was still written off by many people of NSC after his TEN MINUTE cameo. A few games later he starts against Blackburn and has a poor game, getting audibly booed by the fans as he trudges off the pitch. Why the **** would he want to play for a club where the fans boo you after about 180 minutes of football?

It's clearly been a downward spiral where poor support has lead to poor performances which has lead to poor support. The fact he was turned on so quickly hits me either as people being jealous this 21-year-old is getting paid your yearly salary in one week to sit on a bench, or huge expectations from knowing he plays for Arsenal and wanting to see a wonder kid rip teams apart each week. For those slating him, stop thinking with your emotions for one second and actually consider why it's come to the point Akpom feels so distant from this club he doesn't even look happy with a win that basically secured us promotion.

Exactly this. It would be somewhat poetic if he were to come on against Wigan and score the goal that takes us up.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Well said. Leave the guy alone FFS, there's enough good stuff to talk about. He won't be here next season, hope it works out for him wherever he ends up.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Shit thread

Some people need someone to hate. This poor lad is just the latest target to fill that need. Better to just be HAPPY.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
silly thread

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
When Akpom started his first match for us, I expected something reasonable from someone out of Arsenal. What we got was precisely nothing. No pace, no aerial ability, no first touch, no positional sense, no running into space and no general awareness of what was going on around him. He was like a little boy lost amongst men. Like a player plucked from the 8th or 9th tier of football and asked to do a job that he is incapable of doing. In 52 years of following BHA it was as disappointing a full debut as I can remember.
So saying all of this, I deplored the booing that accompanied his departure from the field of play. He did no favours to himself last season at the Amex, with his injury histrionics and then his finger to pursed lips at the fans as he strolled casually off. But he still didn't deserve to be booed, as players who are sent off don't deserve applause. The most effective way to show your disappointment/displeasure at someone's performance is complete and utter silence. If a player walks off to complete silence from 30,000 people, that will send a far stronger message than booing.
To demand and expect applause from players to the fans is also wrong. It is entirely up the players what they do. I do expect them to shake hands with the opposition and embrace and congratulate each other. Too many fans get too precious and sensitive about this issue. Hanging players out to dry for not applauding fans is crass immaturity. I watched football for years when players generally just trooped down the tunnel. There was no criticism then.
As has been said before, those of us who were at Wolves, were too swept up in the moment, the euphoria, the excitement of knowing we were on the brink, celebrating another bloody good performance, to notice that Chuba Akpom wasn't applauding. It didn't register. It didn't need to register. It didn't matter.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Some people need someone to hate. This poor lad is just the latest target to fill that need.

Ain't that the truth! Still [MENTION=34106]ManOfSussex[/MENTION] has put some classic Monty Python on this thread so it ain't alll bad! Great stuff! ("She turned me into a newt...I got better!" :)

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
After warming up virtually on his own - at the end of the game whole squad comes over plus Bong and Rosenior - and all applaud away fans - apart from one

Akpom just walked around with his hands in his pockets

Albion are almost realising their dream of making the premier league , reason to be cheerful.
and meanwhile in the sea just off North Korea two world leaders prod each other with sticks and lead the world closer to war ... reason to be concerned
but Akpom doesn't bother to applaud our fans ... who gives a f k

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have been dissapointed with his contribution and application when he has come on as a sub but or may well be that our level us just that one step too far for him and had he gone to a midtable team like QPR he would have done ok. He must have something for him to be at Arsenal and CH to want to loan him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here