Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best team in the league by a mile

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
After what happened to you last season I bet it feels so much better.

I know that it isn't over mathematically but psychologically we haven't been very good for weeks now and when we finally turn in a good display tonight we still can't win which is huge.

Enjoyed reading NSC and seeing the rollercoaster of emotions that I have been going through as well I.e. the world coming to an end after a defeat and feeling like nothing is going to stop us after a good result. Our seasons have been very similar with regards to the ups and downs.

Just hope we can win on Monday and Huddersfield slip up.
I'm certain you will be going up as well. For me it's about who goes up as champions now.
Obviously, we are holding the aces, but it ain't over yet. We are Brighton, which means we are more than capable of giving the title away ☺

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Our presumptive club have already made space in our trophy cabinet for this season's silverware.

Wouldn't happen on mine or [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] 's watch.

But have we made space for next years silverware? :wink:

theboybilly

I don't think that's how it is at all. In this league, We know we can sit back. \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\try to make sure we don't concede, knowing we can up the anti any time we like. Get a lead and do the same again and either hold out or push for the extra goal cushion. We are and have been in cruise control for about 2 months. Next year that will not be the case. Next year we will require better defensive midfielders against the likes of Chelsea or Spurs.

In Knockeart we have someone who can turn a draw into a win next year. I didn't think he looked anything special today but he can turn a football match in 2 seconds flat

It doesn't feel like we've been in cruise control to me. Some decent performances I agree but we had tough games against Blackburn and Ipswich which could have gone either way. And Forest too. Albion have had a very good week or so since the International break but we can't get carried away. There's lots of work to do. I don't think next season's starting line-up will get anywhere near resembling that against Wolves. I'm thoroughly enjoying this ride but know next season is going to be so bloody hard

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
A club was predicted to walk this league this season. I genuinely didn't expect us to be in contention to go up, let alone win the bloody thing!
Proud as punch to be where we are after the latest round of results.

We really are in with a good shout of winning this division and that is truly remarkable this season, with the size of the clubs that came down!
Thanks for posting with humility. Many away fans could learn a lesson in posting on an apposing clubs forum from you sir..

Is it just me that's going to go on loads of other clubs' forums and be ****ish if we win it?

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
At the start of the season I predicted the top for each league... and second in championship... will forget my other predictions but then I said 1st Newcastle, 2nd brighton in the championship. And 1st Doncaster in league 2.! I only hope I was wrong and championship ends brighton 1st, Newcastle 2nd.. wouldn't be too upset if we were 2nd though.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Is it just me that's going to go on loads of other clubs' forums and be ****ish if we win it?
Nah, we have a few likely candidates that will probably join you..
Like the scene from Shawshank when the fella sits there smiling whilst the other lads enjoy a beer. That's more like me tbh. I will be feeling very smug if we actually win the league though. Coz we're not supposed to be above all these other proper football clubs ;)

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Brighton and Hove Albion. :cheers:

Congratulations on winning the league, that is it for us now I just hope we join you in the top flight next season and I hope we both put up a decent fight, the standard is obviously better but a couple of signings will be enough for both.

You are going places as a club and deserve it after the years at Gillingham and the Withdean.

Enjoy!

When you're right, you're right. Especially about the Gillingham and Withdean years.

We kept going to games then so that we could have a chance of where we are now. Those games at Priestfield were so bad they barely deserve description and the reward is so much sweeter for having seen them.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
A club was predicted to walk this league this season. I genuinely didn't expect us to be in contention to go up, let alone win the bloody thing!
Proud as punch to be where we are after the latest round of results.

We really are in with a good shout of winning this division and that is truly remarkable this season, with the size of the clubs that came down!
Thanks for posting with humility. Many away fans could learn a lesson in posting on an apposing clubs forum from you sir..

At the beginning of the season, nobody but the three relegated clubs were given a chance. Where are Villa and Norwich now? At least Newcastle are up there.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We are Brighton, which means we are more than capable of giving the title away ☺

Not this squad. Four points clear, four to play, four straight wins. We are going to win the league from this position.

It's not like Newcastle have blown it either, they've just had a tougher run in whilst we've been relentless.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Those games at Priestfield were so bad they barely deserve description and the reward is so much sweeter for having seen them.

You're wrong there, it's exactly because those games were so bad that they DO need/deserve description.

Lest we forget and all that.

I for one am entirely and completely proud of each and every single Albion fan that attended even one game there because that's why we didn't die, that spirit is why we should be allowed to gloat and celebrate exactly how we see fit.

We do it because it's in our blood and always will be - it surrounds us, binds us together and helps us grow together.

UTA

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here