Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield to catch Newcastle

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Well actually no. I fly to Oz on Tues and am rather hoping to get the promo sorted before I go, which does require a Huddersfield no win (OK I know it doesn't really, but the media won't give it us unless).

We won't be rated as "promoted" until it is mathematically certain, and quite rightly, too.

But the BBC website tonight has got us just about there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If IF Newcastle found themselves in the playoffs, they won't even reach Wembley.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Conundrum. Newcastle is a great town and their supporters are good value. But I can't stand Benitez at any price. I guess as long as we're Champions and Leeds don't come up it's all good!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Wired in the Tyne

I can see Huddersfield win all five matches getting 92 pts.

I could also see Newcastle losing to Ipswich, drawing with Preston NE or Cardiff giving them 4 pts and 89 pts going into their last match against Barnsley.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
If they were chasing us down I'd be worried. And I'm pretty sure if you check out their boards, they'd be a few damp sheets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Nibbler

710 77345
Aug 12, 2014
Westdene
Would love this to happen - a few weeks ago I placed a bet at 22-1 odds of Toon winning the play-offs. However, after seeing their second half performance against Leeds they were very unlucky to come away with a draw. They will be promoted with us.

Having said that I hope I'm wrong, and they crash and burn.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
That would be hilarious .

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
I should get credit for this if it happens since I predicted it was a decent possibility before the OP :p

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I should get credit for this if it happens since I predicted it was a decent possibility before the OP :p

You should be slagged off if it doesn't happen and told to sit quietly in the corner for all of next season.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Not bothered at all about Huddersfield, in fact I actually quite like Newcastle.

However, I certainly want Ipswich to beat Newcastle on Monday and set up Albion winning the league at Norwich.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Huddersfield have a tough choice to make, stick with a play off place and start to manage players so that they are fit for the playoffs. If they push all the way and like us last year miss out on the last day of the season that will have an effect, and they will carry that into the playoffs and maybe with tired and injured players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here